Frontline Plus for Dogs

7 questions from our users

Alby Deeasked

Plus for Small Dog (0-10kg)

Dear Frontline, Can I please get a refund? My local pet shop recommended this and it's day 5-6 after application of Frontline Plus for small dogs. He's 6kg and I got the one up to 10kg and no change to fleas. I flea-combed 5 off him tonight alone! I read above that fleas are now largely immune to your product. I just got bitten as I'm typing this. After reading all these reviews I will do the obvious and seek veterinarian's advice next time and not a person spruiking targeted products presumably with the most profit margin in a pet shop

ben dover
ben dover

Try a teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar & water in a spray bottle & spray it on once a month then brush their coat & watch the fleas fall to ground. Kills fleas & tick as soon as its sprayed on. i have been using it on my blue heeler for the past 18 months & no sign of fleas or ticks

Alby Dee

Thanks I will try this but back to my question. Here's the ANSWER TO HOW TO GET A REFUND FOR THIS SUBSTANDARD PRODUCT - for people with the same question as me I will now help you from what I have learnt. I have received a refund. How? I went back to the pet supply company who sold me the product. I told them it does not work and that this is from my experience and all of the negative reviews online. They fobbed me off onto the distributor of Frontline Plus. I then rang the Frontline Plus distributor who originally said that they would not give me a refund. My response was that I would give the pet shop I bought the Frontline Plus from one star on product review and would put in my review that their service was friendly but that they recommended and sold me a lemon of a product, that is, Frontline Plus. (see my review I will later post about it having no effect whatsoever on the fleas on my dog). After 3 days the distributor sent me a letter to say that they do not accept responsibility (that their product does not work etc) but that they would do me a refund. (If you only approach the pet shop you will probably have no luck. If you only speak to the distributor you will probably have no luck) - but if you discuss that you will post a review about the Frontline Plus supplier selling a substandard / ineffective product you are likely to get a refund like I did. This product does not work - if you read the reviews even vets questioned do not believe it works.

Colleen R

Colleen Rasked

I have a visiting dog from out of the area and is larger than mine can I use 2 5kg spotons for him

Karebear3
Karebear3

I am not sure what size your dog or the visiting dog is? You don't say.

Charlie

Charlieasked

Plus for Small Dog (0-10kg)

What is the best flea and tick control medicine for dogs?

doctorgary
doctorgary

Frontline Plus worked great for about 5 years with both of our dogs..... but something happened.... maybe the fleas became immune to it? Excellent product to start with.

tina

tinaasked

Why would it be my dogs still have fleas after using frontline plus?

JoT
JoT

Fleas have become immune to the main ingredient in frontline plus recently, so they can still live even though they're exposed to it

goodwin

goodwinasked

Can I apply frontline plus on a mini schnauzer that has just been stripped out of his coat, this means that he has no hair at the moment only on head and legs?

di

Yes, its the skin you apply it too.

brombo
brombo

Beware of sunburn if he in this state! It is applied to the skin but it seemed to really irritate my westie/poodle cross for a short time after application. Apart from finding Advantage to be more effective at killing fleas, my little canine did not experience any problems with application which is another reason to choose Advantage.

di

I usually use Advantics but on this occasion used Frontline Plus (took advantage of it on special) pardon the pun!. It took a few days to kill the fleas. It had no effect on my Maltie s skin, she has no undercoat and very sun sensitive skin. We are flea and tick free atm.

Netties Mum

Netties Mumasked

Is it safe to use Frontline Plus on my dogs when the product is past its use by date?

Halo70
Halo70

I'm not sure it's unsafe - but chances are it won't be as effective. Best bet is to check with the manufacturers - merial. They probably have a customer service hotline you can call.

Tania10
Tania10

Frontline plus didn't work on my dog before the use by date so good luck after it!!!

Helen56asked

How does this company Merial keep getting away with selling this product?

Penji
Penji

Because not enough people complain and hold them accountable, and it doesn't help that certain Vets endorse it for money, it would be great if they actually told the truth!

thankyou I agree!!

Snack King
Snack King

Wow, Snack King thought this was a trusted brand but after reading all the experiences of other people not so sure. Can only hope the company puts some effort into R&D to make a product that is not toxic and actually works.

Get an answer from our members and Frontline Plus representatives