Garnier Olia

2.5

Maxine M.

Maxine M.

No grey coverage. Colour lasted 2 washes then went orangey red.

The product was easy to put on. I was enticed by the 'no ammonia' and didn't want to damage my hair.
I am 35 , and naturally have chestnut brown hair. I have some greys that I wanted to cover but not many.
After washing it, I was really happy - lovely colour, felt healthy too but after 2 washes the colour washed out - my greys were all visible again or went light orange, and the top of my hair went orangey also. It doesn't look terrible, but it's not what I would expect from a permanent hair colour, and one that claims "100% grey coverage"

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for A$12.00.

MadelineM

MadelineMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pleasantly surprised

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for A$10.00.

Prior Hair Colour Bleached Blonde and Brown
Louise.89

Louise.89

Not happy

Firstly mixing it together is confusing and difficult, unnecessary packaging, that just leaves behind product.
The colour fades very quickly.
Stains your skin and clothes.
Really unhappy with the process and the result.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for A$11.00.

Prior Hair Colour Red
Dyed Hair Colour Lighter shade
Longevity A few weeks

Find out how Garnier Olia compares to other Hair Dyes

Olia not fit for purpose

I have been colouring my hair for years so I know what I am doing. Having used Garnier Nutrisse many times I decided on a change to Olia and used 110 Superlight Natural Blonde. Big mistake! Extremely disappointed, did not cover any of my grey hairs except to give them a pinkish tinge and as for the colour it is very wushu wasn’t despite my hair being light blonde before I started. A complete waste of time and money. Not what I have come to expect from Garnier

Purchased in July 2020 at Tesco.

Stains ClothesNo

Perfect, and I would recommend to anyone.

Purchased in July 2020.

Longevity 3+ months
Ashley

Ashley

Fantastic hair dye

I am really happy with the way my hair turned out.

The dye is easy to use and there is a generous amount of conditioner supplied. My greys are covered and the colour is accurate. I also like how soft my hair is after using this dye and the lack of ammonia smell is great.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase and I will definitely be using Garnier Olia again in the future.

Ash

AshHunter Region, NSW

Washed out by half next shampoo

The dye was the exact colour of box the first day, washed hair 3 days later & half the colour washed out. For the price of this dye i would expect it to last alot longer.

Purchased at Coles Online for A$17.00.

Prior Hair Colour Red

Love this hair dye

Purchased in May 2020 for A$11.00.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde and Grey
Longevity 1-3 months
Aussienanna

AussienannaQueensland

Didn't cover grey.

This product was easy to use and didn't have the awful ammonia smell however it didn't really achieve full coverage of the greys.
I didn't achieve very much shine either. I think I'll try another brand next time.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$14.00.

Find out how Garnier Olia compares to other Hair Dyes

Don’t use themmm!!! I’m 16 and I had long shiny dark hair and i used this dye and my hair is snapping off

Horrible! Made my hair snap off might have to shave!!! Don’t use this dye it’s not good for the hair made it oily aswell don’t use it if u want hair

Purchased at Wilko for A$6.00.

Side effects Yes

Don't waste your money!

I bought 3 packs as I have quite long hair. My natural colour is brunette but the lengths are an orangey/red tinge from dying my hair 6 months ago.
I bought the pink thinking the underlying red would make it pop, and the packet said it works on dark hair.
As I was waiting for it to develop I was excited for the colour as it looked fantastic but as soon as it got to the step where I rinsed, the colour ran straight out of my hair. It didn't even tint! On top of that, it bleached my roots an awful pale gold.
I'm so incredibly disappointed. So much time & money wasted.
Do not buy this product, save your money for a better brand that doesn't just rinse out.

Purchased in May 2020.

Prior Hair Colour Brown and Red

Mm it didnt work

I had blonde wanted a dark brown, applied the color left for about 45 minutes i looked at it and it was dark. I thought it worked but once i washed it and dry i looks weird i just tinted a lil bit ima go back with a normal garnier dye.

Purchased in April 2020 at Cvs for A$9.00.

Dyed Hair Colour Darker shade

Great for First-Timer

Purchased in April 2020 at Target for A$10.00.

Kristan B.

Kristan B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Waste of money

Was excited to do something bold and change my light blonde hair to pink whilst stuck at home. I applied it to my light blonde hair and waited the 30 mins as indicated in the instructions. After washing out there was no pink at all just a slight copper tinge. I also found the application bottle really slippery and difficult to hold with gloves on.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$15.00.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Cece

CeceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I'm disappointed!

I haven't dyed my hair since September 2016 and i saw the ad for this hair dye. I wanted to give it a go as i thought to myself that not a lot of brands allow the dark hair change without having to bleach it. I have dark hair (Dark brown to black). I mixed the colour and even let it sit there for 5 minutes before starting to apply. The packet said to wait for 30 minutes but i figured since i have dark hair, i'll wait a bit longer. I could see the violet coloured creme nicely in my hair and was excited for the results. Went to wash my hair, my shower turned purple BUT my hair did not change. Even my white slippery mat turned purple and i still have dark hair.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$15.00.

Prior Hair Colour Black

Patchy results.

I dyed my hair once and I left a lot of patchiness and so I bought more and redyed and it left it even more patchy. Don’t waste your money. Not worth the hassle. Doesn’t cover everywhere and my hair was no where near red and now I have red streaks? Honestly I’d go somewhere else.

Purchased in March 2020 at Amazon for A$6.99.

pillybeeHunter Region, NSW

Love this colour, very natural

I use this about every six weeks and works well with my hair. The colour is light brown which is what I wanted.
I have been using this for about two years and I am very happy with the result and ease of use.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$14.99.

Longevity 1-3 months
Side effects No

No change in my hair colour. Highly disappointed

My hair is darkest shade of brown and I brought this color as the packaging mentioned that it would lighten it. I left it one my hair for exactly 35 minutes.. 5 minutes extra to get the light shade of brown. Had literally no change to my hair colour. I wish to get a refund back as I'm sincerely disappointed with this product. The picture attached is my hair right after using the product.

Purchased in November 2019 at Shoppers drug mart.

Dyed Hair Colour Dye had no effect

Doesn't work - no colour after leaving it in for 40 minutes. Contacted customer service UK - terrible experience,

I mixed the colorant and the developer cream together in the bottle, shook well and covered all my hair with the product from root to tip. I left to develop for 40 / 45 minutes and then rinsed out and applied conditioner. There was almost no colour in the shower tray as I rinsed out my hair which was the first surprising factor. The second surprising factor was that there was zero change to my hair - it looked exactly as it had done before I put the colour in. I've been dying my hair at home for over a decade and have never experienced this issue before.

Contacted customer service in the UK. The were really slow to get back to me. In the end, no satisfaction. They wouldn't replace the product. Never again. Go elsewhere!!!

Purchased in September 2019 for A$18.00.

JYO

JYOSydney, NSW

Not worth

I was super excited to try olia as my first in-house colour trial...but unfortunately haven’t saw any noticeable change in my hair colour ...colour is light and noticeable only in sun .

Prior Hair Colour Black