GIC Black Series Patron

GIC Black Series Patron

Gogoyogo

GogoyogoMelbourne

It have been 5 stars if a tiny bit better quality

Great for a family, extremely easy to set up once you get used to it after a couple of times, quality not so bad but for just a tiny bit more effort it would be one of the very best campers but it still great even for a short trips as setting up is easy, price is very competitive for what you get.
People complain about very little minor things and compare to a $60 caravan.
I'm so happy so far and I believe the after sales service will be a 4 out of 5 star as well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Black series Campbellfield.

Ease of Towing
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I (2011-2015)

Great weekend away in our 2019 Patron

Thought I’d give some feedback after my first camp with our new 2019 Patron. I followed a lot of social reviews during our purchase and was slightly nervous. In my case the sales process and the camper has delivered in all aspects. A bit difficult to get the Patron setup at first, but you learn quickly. My Waeco 95lt fitted and worked perfectly, camping off-grid for 5 nights tested the solar and battery setup without failure. Thank you GIC

Purchased in August 2019 at GIC Camper Trailers NSW, Sydney for $20,000.00.

Ease of Towing
Car ModelToyota HiLux MK8.I (2015-Present)
Black S.GIC

Excellent after sales service.

We have a Black Series Patron Camper which we bought in Perth second hand. The front winch handle went missing and I couldn’t find one to suit anywhere in Perth. I rang the Sydney office of Black Series Campers and spoke to Tom in sales. He organised a replacement handle for me and sent it to Perth. It was all for free. Thanks for the prompt and kind service Tom. Cheers Liz Lonsdale.

Purchased in June 2019 at Second Hand .

Off-roading Performance
Car ModelLand Cruiser
Mark j

Mark jSydney Surrounds, NSW

Patron value for money

I have had my patron for a few months now and only problem was with electrical system on our first camp. Arranged to return it and was fixed without any fuss. Several more trips since and all without a drama. Handles rough terrain really well. Foam mattress supplied was replaced straight away. Way too firm. Camper itself has everything you need. Annex is not simple to set up but once up is worth the effort if staying a few days. Good value for the price

Purchased in November 2018 at GIC Camper Trailers NSW, Sydney for $22,000.00.

Off-roading Performance
Car ModelNissan Patrol Y61

Craig L

Craig LPort Macquarie

Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased for 2 adults and two children (6 and 12) and it was amazing, the positives and value far out weigh any negatives .Troy at the Brisbane office was great to deal with.

Extremely bad after payment received service

BJagg

BJaggtownsville

great design poor quality.

great design, good size for family. terrible quality in small details such as the couch hinges, the kitchen sink plug, the gas bottle rubbers etc , plus after finally receiving the trailer weeks after eta and numerous phone calls and complaints it arrived with dints and scratches. The easy to set up advertising and instructions takes at least two people with plenty of time on there hands, it was easier to buy a 6x3 porta shade to erect on the front for shade and shelter. would not recommend for short stays however did hold up in four wheel drive terrains, have only had 1x gas shock blow out. also doesn't come with a.c inlet, need to now pay to have installed.

Charlie

CharlieSouth West Rocks

Great Camper for all the family

Purchased January 2017 and used on different occasions by us (pretend Grey Nomads (2) and Son (2 + 3).
Now travelled over 10000klms but not heavy offroad to date. Camper is easy to tow (Nissan Patrol 4.2lt diesel) easy to put up and down. Just returned from Queensland when we had 480mls of rain and 30/35knot winds in 5 days. Camper stood up to the conditions very well. No water inside the Camper but of course everything got damp as you would expect. Dried out quickly as soon as the weather improved. We have had two minor problems, easily fixed and off little concern. During the course of our travels we have had the opportunity to check out various makes and models of other campers and saw nothing to make us disappointed with our purchase.

Jason

JasonGunnedah

After sales service is very poor

Purchased a Patron in July, set up van when we got home. The door latch on the main door into the van dose not lock. Rang our salesman several times. Also the Sydney store to get a replacement latch posted to us as we are 6 hour drive from Sydney. Black series were going to send a replacement latch and here we are 3 months later no latch and not returning phone calls. Going away next week. NOT A VERY HAPPY CAMPER!!

Excellent product great value for the money

Happy with our purchase of our black series patron, looked at every camper on the market and couldn't beet the price and all the extras that were included. Had excellent aftersales experience with the minor problems we've had.

BarrySydney

The perfect Camper for the larger family

Aussie-got-conned

Aussie-got-conned

Patron 2016...Buyer beware. Average customer service, average warranty help. Need to bee mechanical

It's the camper that matters

Jim

Jimyes

Patron Good And Bad

Gogoyogo

Gogoyogoasked

Hi there mate, i agree with Barry, the ignition is disconnected from factory for safety reasons, i have a patron myself and i love it.
Good luck.

Chris Lord

Chris Lordasked

Hi guys, picked up my Patron a little over a month ago from Sydney, such an awesome camper.
Just wondering how to connect the stove igniter, as under the stove seems to have wiring hooked up to it, but just can't get it to work. Where do I connect it up?

Deon Lubbe

Hi Chris, you can follow the Facebook Group "Black Series Owners - Hard Floor Campers" for a lot of info and mods that you can learn from. This topic has been addressed in there. In short, you have to connect it yourself. There are a few cheap solutions for this and it's really not hard to do. Happy camping

Hi Chris

You will have to connect it yourself, you can connect it into the 2.5mm socket next to your kitchen.
The wiring can be purchased from Jaycar electronics.

Gurinder

Gurinderasked

Hello Barry
I am very tempted to buy the Patron and so are 2 of my friends but we are also a bit apprehensive after reading Tony and Aussiegotconned's reviews. Can you please shed some more light in Gic's defense against the reviews?

Thanks in advance,
Gurinder
Bureau Of 4X4 Inc.

Barry

Hey Mate, I cant speak for GIC as I dont have anything to do with them. I can only go by my own experience which has been positive. I guess it comes down to expectations. Don't spend 20k thinking you are getting the same as you would spending 50k. jump on https://www.facebook.com/groups/102905463381190/ there are more patron owners there than anywhere else and you can get opinions from them aswell (the good and the bad)

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives