GIC Black Series Patron

• Ease of Towing
Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It would've been 5 stars if a tiny bit better quality

Great for a family, extremely easy to set up once you get used to it after a couple of times, quality not so bad but for just a tiny bit more effort it would be one of the very best campers but it still great even for a short trips as setting up is easy, price is very competitive for what you get.
People complain about very little minor things and compare to a $60 caravan.
I'm so happy so far and I believe the after sales service will be a 4 out of 5 star as well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Black series Campbellfield for A$22,000.00.

Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I

Great weekend away in our 2019 Patron

Thought I’d give some feedback after my first camp with our new 2019 Patron. I followed a lot of social reviews during our purchase and was slightly nervous. In my case the sales process and the camper has delivered in all aspects. A bit difficult to get the Patron setup at first, but you learn quickly. My Waeco 95lt fitted and worked perfectly, camping off-grid for 5 nights tested the solar and battery setup without failure. Thank you GIC

Purchased in August 2019 at GIC Camper Trailers NSW, Sydney for A$20,000.00.

Car ModelToyota HiLux MK8.I
Black S.GIC

Excellent after sales service.

We have a Black Series Patron Camper which we bought in Perth second hand. The front winch handle went missing and I couldn’t find one to suit anywhere in Perth. I rang the Sydney office of Black Series Campers and spoke to Tom in sales. He organised a replacement handle for me and sent it to Perth. It was all for free. Thanks for the prompt and kind service Tom. Cheers Liz Lonsdale.

Purchased in June 2019 at Second Hand .

Off-roading Performance
Car ModelLand Cruiser
Camper Trailers

Find out how GIC Black Series Patron compares to other Camper Trailers

Mark j

Mark jSydney Surrounds, NSW

Patron value for money

I have had my patron for a few months now and only problem was with electrical system on our first camp. Arranged to return it and was fixed without any fuss. Several more trips since and all without a drama. Handles rough terrain really well. Foam mattress supplied was replaced straight away. Way too firm. Camper itself has everything you need. Annex is not simple to set up but once up is worth the effort if staying a few days. Good value for the price

Purchased in November 2018 at GIC Camper Trailers NSW, Sydney for A$22,000.00.

Off-roading Performance
Car ModelNissan Patrol Y61
Craig L

Craig LPort Macquarie

Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased for 2 adults and two children (6 and 12) and it was amazing, the positives and value far out weigh any negatives .Troy at the Brisbane office was great to deal with.

Extremely bad after payment received service

BJagg

BJaggtownsville

great design poor quality.

great design, good size for family. terrible quality in small details such as the couch hinges, the kitchen sink plug, the gas bottle rubbers etc , plus after finally receiving the trailer weeks after eta and numerous phone calls and complaints it arrived with dints and scratches. The easy to set up advertising and instructions takes at least two people with plenty of time on there hands, it was easier to buy a 6x3 porta shade to erect on the front for shade and shelter. would not recommend for short stays however did hold up in four wheel drive terrains, have only had 1x gas shock blow out. also doesn't come with a.c inlet, need to now pay to have installed.

Charlie

CharlieSouth West Rocks

Great Camper for all the family

Purchased January 2017 and used on different occasions by us (pretend Grey Nomads (2) and Son (2 + 3).
Now travelled over 10000klms but not heavy offroad to date. Camper is easy to tow (Nissan Patrol 4.2lt diesel) easy to put up and down. Just returned from Queensland when we had 480mls of rain and 30/35knot winds in 5 days. Camper stood up to the conditions very well. No water inside the Camper but of course everything got damp as you would expect. Dried out quickly as soon as the weather improved. We have had two minor problems, easily fixed and off little concern. During the course of our travels we have had the opportunity to check out various makes and models of other campers and saw nothing to make us disappointed with our purchase.

Jason

JasonGunnedah

After sales service is very poor

Purchased a Patron in July, set up van when we got home. The door latch on the main door into the van dose not lock. Rang our salesman several times. Also the Sydney store to get a replacement latch posted to us as we are 6 hour drive from Sydney. Black series were going to send a replacement latch and here we are 3 months later no latch and not returning phone calls. Going away next week. NOT A VERY HAPPY CAMPER!!

Camper Trailers

Find out how GIC Black Series Patron compares to other Camper Trailers

Excellent product great value for the money

Happy with our purchase of our black series patron, looked at every camper on the market and couldn't beet the price and all the extras that were included. Had excellent aftersales experience with the minor problems we've had.

Barry

BarryIllawarra, NSW

The perfect Camper for the larger family

Aussie-got-conned

Aussie-got-conned

Patron 2016...Buyer beware. Average customer service, average warranty help. Need to bee mechanical

It's the camper that matters

Jim

JimGippsland, VIC

Patron Good And Bad

Joe D.

Joe D.asked

are there heaters or furnaces in the patron?

Hi Joe

The patron doesn't have any heaters unfortunately.

Terry Parozasked

I picked up my Patron in Melbourne in March and have not had the chance to use it yet due to Covid. The batteries and inverter were not wired when i picked it up. Where can i get some instructions please?

Deon Lubbe

Mate you can follow the facebook page “Black Series Owners - Hard Floor Campers”. It is a very helpful site on which you can search and filter all sorts of advice and information.

Hi Terry,

The batteries would be wired in, I believe the inverter and battery charger were possibly not wired in?

You will find 2 red wires and 2 black wires, you will get one red and one black wire from the inverter and run it to one positive terminal on one battery and the black wire to a negative terminal on second battery.

Do the same with the battery charger.

Thanks Team
Is there a diagram I can use please. Must admit to being surprised and disappointed this was not done prior to handover.

Hollie

Hollieasked

What maximum Engle or Waeco size fridge/freezer will fit on sliding draw of the patron 2018 model please?

Deon Lubbe

Hi Hollie, you can follow the "GIC Black Series Campers Owners Group" on facebook to find lots of good information. I personally have a 95lt Waeco in my Patron camper and it works very well.

Hi Hollie

The fridge slide dimensions on the Patron are
Height: 525mm
Width: 610mm
Length: 990mm

Get an answer from our members and GIC representatives