Gillette Mach3 Turbo

Gillette Mach3 Turbo

Wow use less rubbish

I have used your razors for a long time i have never complained about the price as the quality was there and durability was long . The new blades are blunt to start with and useless will never buy again overpriced rubbish from china.

Purchased in April 2019 for $171,717.00.

Causes Irritation Yes

The new plastic packaging is a joke

The refills are expensive especially as at least two in every pack have been blunt, and cut me straight away, but what is worse the ridiculous idea to replace cardboard packaging with tough impenetrable plastic packaging, when plastic waste is one of the biggest environmental dis
asters marine life and the human race faces today.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $16.00.

Causes Irritation Yes

Mach3 Turbo blades are blunt out of the pack

Have been a long time Mach3 user - have noticed a significant decline in the quality of replacement blade heads of late - to the point of them being blunt (and painful to use) out of the pack
Will have to change brand I feel - disappointed

Very disappointed

Long time mach3 user but the last batch of blades I bought at Cosco was blunt.. brand new blades and they simply blunt, also I found that the plastic clips are very flimsy and weak and break.

Best product ev

Best product ever! clean close shave every time, no cuts and each blade last over a month of shaving every day! I have to write this little extra bit because there is a 30 word minimum.

Not bad at all

I bought this mach 3 turbo shaver from the gold cross chemist and started to use it to shave and found that it glided pretty easily over the skin while using the quality shaving cream gel however, the handle itself proved to be weak and easily snapped so I couldn't use the shaver anymore

The handle where the razer sits into snapped easily when tapping on the side of the same sink otherwise great shaver though can be fixed by dipping the shaver into a small bucket of hot water each time use the shaver across the skinI recently bought another Mach 3 turbo shaver setup and it's excellent as the hairs don't get stuck in between the blades and it does a very good job Conclusion : Mach 3 turbo shaver setup does a good job and is reasonably priced

At last .. thank you

I've been looking for a replacement for my schick quatttro razor/blades for a while, which used to be great but are now useless. I suspect they moved the place of manufacture. The Gillette Mach 3 turbo is what the Quattro used to be .. very sharp out of the pack and stay that way for multiple shaves. I notice tho that the ones I'm using at the moment are made in Germany, but the ones I see on the shelves at the supermarket just lately are made in Poland .. hopefully not the same thing that happened to the quottro's .. you're on notice Gillette, don't mess with the quality !

false advertising.

It turns out that this razor isn't actually turbocharged. I am shocked and appalled. Gillette will soon be receiving a strongly worded letter expressing my disappointment.

What are these blades actually made of.

I have been using Mach 3 for many years now and can't believe how long the blades will last. The blade that I am presently using has been on the handle since 6/6/2010. I only shave every second day usually but this blade is as good as when I first used it. The "wear trip" is completely gone and it is down to bare metal but this blade is showing no signs of getting blunt even after being used constantly for 21 months now. I will keep using this blade until it gets blunt which on past performance does not seem to be any time soon. This is the first blade that I used out of the package but my being 70 years old and the way that these blades last it possible that this one package may last me for the rest of my life.
This is not fiction. This is fact and I would submit the blade for testing if anybody doubts what I say.

Peter Neilsen J.P.
Unbelievably long lasting
I have no complaint whatsoever.

I first wrote about this Mach 3 on 18th July 2011 then again on 13th March 2012. I am still using the same razor blade (head) to day 12th Jan 2015. I am still using the blade that i put on the handle on 6/6/2010 and it is still cutting as good as when I first used it. The colored wear strip is long gone and the blue strip on the back of the blade is all but gone also but the blade keeps on cutting. I have no idea how this blade can last for so long and still cut as efficiently as when it was made but it is true. Can anybody explain how rhis blade can keep cutting efficiently for so long when the makers say that the blades can only cut a relatively small number of shaves and then have to be changed.Saturday, 5th September 2015 and nothing has changed. I am still using the blade that I first used on 6/6/2010 and there is still no sign of it wearing out. I have no explanation as to how a single razor blade can last for so long but for some reason it is still going.Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. On the 1st January 2016 my razor ceased to function. The blades still were not blunt. What failed was the plastic pivot pins on the head. With the amount of use they had, they simply wore out and now I will never know how many shaves the blades would have delivered. The head lasted from 6/6/2010 til 1/1/2016. That is approximately 5 1/2 years that I used the razor on the one set of blades and then it was not the blades that failed but the plastic pins on the pivoting head that wore out. This was the only razor that I used during this period.

underrated

I have been using the Mach3 turbo for many yeas now. The blade (head) that I am using now I have been using for 13 months. The colour strip and the plastic underlay that the strip is laid on has almost vanished but the razor s still cutting as good as the day I first used it.
It does not look like I am going to need to change this blade anytime soon so I am going to keep using it until it finally expires.It is hard to believe that a single blade head can last so long but I can testify to the fact that it is true.
Anybody who doubts that this blade has lasted so long feel free to arrange to have it inspected to verify that this is true.
At the rate it is going the pack that I have could quite possibly last me for the rest of my life.

A good shave doesn't come cheap

This may be the best safety razor from Gillette, but quality doesn't come cheap, particularly when you have to fork out for replacements heads.
The triple bladed heads certainly shave faster than two or one bladed razors, and fewer strokes means less irritation, as the ad says. But they don't shave that much closer than previous designs, and really the only reason I haven't gone back to an older design is that Gillette does not sell them any more.
I compared the Mach 3 directly against the equivalent supermarket brand triple bladed razor and was surprised how little difference there was between the two.
Close shave with fewer stokes
Not good enough to justify the cost

i recently bought myself a mach 3 and i havent looked back since, womens razors just dont last as long, i ussually get one use out of a womens razor on my legs, the mach 3 gives me about 4 or 5 shaves. impressive! the cartridges are expensive but im more than happy to pay the price because they last so long. and they dont cut you either! ladies if your after a good razor this ones your best bet! its well worth the "investment" lol
hands down the best shaver ever, the blades last forever,it doesnt cut you. it comes in a neat little package where you can keep your refills in nice and neat
very expensive

Good

The Gillette March3 Turbo has been reviewed by Mensbiz as one of the best favoured cartriage shavers. The turbo version has the additional stripe that makes shaving more comfortable. The shave is better with traditional normal shaving cream than using Gilette's shaving foam or gel. Is only a shame that these refills cartriges dont come in cheap and funny enough they can be bought cheaper overseas like Singapore for nearly $4.00 cheaper. By far this is the best from Gillette I have tried so far.
Best product from Gillette, not too over priced cartriage blades thats gives a good shave and last pretty long
blades are still considered expensive by far