GIO Landlord Insurance

GIO Landlord Insurance

AVOID GIO Landlord Insurance AT ALL COSTS!!!

Sparky

SparkySydney

Look elsewhere

I have just lodged a claim for tenant rent default for a total 30 days after tenant disappeared and left the property uninhabitable. Cockroach infestation, filthy and all belongings left behind. The Bond money will just cover cleaning costs, pest control and rubbish removal.
The claims department just got back to me to say they don't cover first 28 days of rent default and with the compulsory 500 dollar excess it was not worth proceeding with claim ! After voicing my disgust they said that is the policy. GIO do not even cover cleaning costs .
Needless to say I will not be renewing with GIO. I will now insure with Terri Scheer as the reviews seem to be very positive and property manager has recommended also.

Avoid Insuring With GIO

This is not the insurance company you want to be with if you make a claim. GIO will do everything they can to delay paying. I had to take GIO to VCAT in order to settle my claim and even there they dragged out the matter as much as possible. They fabricated the facts to reduce their payout. Nasty insurance company to be avoided at all costs. I have taken my policies elsewhere and will deal with them again. I believe AAMI is part of the same banner.

WaltPerth, Western Australia

Landlord Insurance Melbourne

Alex

AlexMel

Bad

Unlike GIO car insurance, GIO home insurance is very difficult to deal with. Claims department is terrible. It took me about 6 months to return $450 i spent for the urgent repair GIO originally approved. When you talk to the front line you have got meaningfull answers, but when you made a claim, there is another story.

Verry messy and unprofessional when dealing with claims.

joanne

joanneasked

Is there anyone that is good for landlord insurance? I can't find any good reviews

Walt

am still with them,still they the cheapest, for me am not concern about anything else other than the building insurance just in case of the whole place go on fire or something similar , I heard the best are www.terrischeer.com.au/LandlordIns, however I haven't tried them and they not cheap, so you are right it is hard to find a decent investor Home & Contents Insurance, they all happy to take your money but then you need them , they will start count every penny before can give you anything back.,just they are money makers and none else, the best thing is to find the right Tenant (how am not sure , you got a be lucky), now I do have a tenant with sort close to some family member and does work alot better when you know somebody, strangers is a hardcore business since Real estate agent in Melbourne they are useless also.

Get an answer from our members and GIO representatives