Global Exchange

Global Exchange

See the Best Travel Money in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lost over $AUD300 with changing $AUD 1070 into foreign currency

Lost over $AUD300 with changing $AUD 1070 into foreign currency - I should have paid more attention. You expect a mark up at the airport but a rate of ~2.4 when the exchange rate is ~1.7 is very ordinary. I do not think they should be allowed to operate at an international airport without more regulation.

Thieves at Sydney Airport - Global Exchange

I was travelling with my family to Bali in July 2019 and exchanged $AU500 for Indonesia Rupiah, I received 3.6 million IDR by using my 15% off discount voucher. When I arrived at Bali airport and after checking the conversion rate I realised that I would have received 4.7 million IDR for the same $AU500, basically ripped off by about $AU100. I thought the airport may have been a bit more expensive but in your own country I am appalled that they charge this much more, they are thieves and should be ashamed! WARNING, to any travellers going abroad, do not exchange any foreign currency at Sydney international airport with Global Exchange, it's way more expensive than beer in a plastic cup at the footy! They should've been included in the recent financial services Royal Commission, I certainly will never do that again. Wanting to help others avoid making the same mistake I did.

Huge Con, keep away!!!!

Changed 116 AUD to NZD at Sydney airport when travelling back to New Zealand, only received 100NZD. Shows no fees rates are applicable, absolutely ridiculous. Do not use this company.

CurrencyNZD

Don't Use Global Exchange At Sydney International

This mob should be inquired into, for $504 AUD I received $360 SGD
Yes I was responsible for my own plight, by allowing the transaction to go through by being distracted but I didn't expect to be ripped in my own country especially when they had a sign saying it was no Fees day and some other wonderful incentive.
Poor form from this group.

CurrencySGD

Ripped off, exchange rate is 40% more

Even they don’t charge Commission and fee but rate is Incredible, I know the rate at Sunday air port won’t be good but 40% is too much, they give me 15% off, I did not think much about rate, I exchanged 88000 Taiwanese dollars, I only received 3320AUD, I should get 4000 AUD if I exchange from bank.

CurrencyAUD

Ripped off in my home airport

I bought 28500 Vanuatu Vatu in melbourne airport - it cost AUD$500. In Vanuatu I cash advanced 30000 Vanuatu Vatu from an ATM. Cost ....AUD$391!! Over $100 more and I get less in exchange. I got my currency in an Australian airport expecting that I would at least get a reasonable rate. I bought local to avoid being done over in a foreign country but I have been horribly ripped off in my own airport. I looked around the airport before I went to GlobalExchange as I was used to Travelex or ANZ but they have a monopoly - I couldn’t find another provider.
I strongly suggest you get currency elsewhere.

I wish there was a zero star.

Highway robbery. Rates are about half of what they should be. Sydney airport is doing a huge disservice to travellers allowing this company to operate here. Please bring back Travelex or another reputable exchange company.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Airport Currency Exchange should go before the Banking Royal Commission for ripoffs

Currency Exchange at Sydney Airport gives the worst possible rates. Margins for most currencies exceeds 40% for each transaction, buy or sell. The Banking Royal Commission should look at this for how a monopoly will gouge the consumer as an example of appalling behaviour. I have never exchanged my money in Australia as I know rates are bad, but Sydney Airport just takes it to the next level. Matter of fact, I have never bought anything in Sydney Airport as I know that is the worst possible deal you can get. From Pharmacies to Duty Free, everything is dearer at Sydney airport than anywhere else.
Here are rates for some currencies and you can see they are buying at about half what they are selling the currencies for.