MPN: GA01919-AU
See the Best Networked Media Players in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Google? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.7

Sapphiree
SapphireeAU

Can't live without it now though the remote is ....

Purchased in October 2020 for $99.

Jay
JayNSW

Best gadget I have ever bought.

I have had the Google Chromecast for 18 to 24 months. It was so easy to install, just plug it in and I have no had no trouble with it whatsoever. The last 2 weeks, I could work my around the TV screen while looking for a video to watch on YouTube, suddenly this handy little thing has disappeared, it was only there for about 2 weeks, I don't know if it's something they let us try out first, to saved getting up and walking to the computer and finding a video to watch,. Anyway, I have no complaints, it really is a great gadget. I noticed it went up 30 dollars since I bought it though. I paid $69.

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $69.

m rupert
m rupertSydney, NSW

Better than previous models

I've been using google chromecast for a long time now. I like this better than the 3rd gen. Remote control is pretty convenient plus it casts perfectly on screen. Navigation is not a problem.

Purchased in December 2021.

PKCMVA
PKCMVAMelbourne

No input button control with Kogan TV's

I'm using my TV as a computer monitor and decided to get the Google TV to catch-up with any free to air shows I my have missed. All good setting up and lots of info video's online if you need help. Only problem is the input button on the Google remote isn't compatable with any Kogan TV's. So in my case if I wanted to go from HDMI 3 (Google TV) to HDMI 2 (computer), I need to use sources on original TV remote. Then back to Google TV remote for it's menu. I'm sure there's a universal remote code that works somewhere for Kogan TV's but at this time Google Chromecast/TV hasn't got it.

Purchased in November 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Google Chromecast with Google TV compares to other Networked Media Players

Ginnygin
GinnyginGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has it all

Has just about very app you'd want including Apple TV. Works great and easy to navigate. The trick is to only have one subscription at a time. The only issue is that with so much choice it's hard to decide what to watch.

Purchased in June 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.

Pushes unremovabel adds on homescreen

I wanted to express my gratitude for google tv putting adds on my homescreen, and pretending its all for my benefit. Whilst not being able to turn it off. They add apps without consent, but it is OK because I can remove them. They fill up homescreen with crap, but it can be modified. This last with u removable ads is not OK, I paid for my shield.

Purchased in June 2019 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $200.

ron
ron

forced selling of google services

the product works but its bundled with netflix offer which in fact is very difficult to actually receive unless you additionally install google home.

basically its an offer that requires additional undeclared software to install which is illegal unless declared at point of sale which it isn't.

google service is abysmal and also forces installation of google home. trying to get your money back is like crawling down a razerblade and that is deliberate as well.

absolutely abysmal company and will not buy a google product unless its the only thing available.

Purchased in September 2021.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Ian
IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Chromecast with Google TV - Just a Sensational Little Unit!

Purchased in March 2021 at Officeworks for $99.

Steve
Steve Victoria

Saved me buying a new TV!

Purchased in May 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.

KGM
KGMSydney, NSW

Google Chromecast with Google TV

This system is well priced for the functionality when compared to competing products in this space.
The set up was easy to follow and the resulting outcome was inline with expectations.

Purchased in July 2021 at Google Store for $99.

Suze
SuzePerth, WA

So close, yet so far

Purchased in July 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $99.

Richard SMITH
Richard SMITHPerth, WA

Just what I needed

I have used several devices but this product has all the features and functions I need. So easy to use and makes searching easy. The support and instructions I received from the supplier was outstanding.

Melanie
MelanieSydney, NSW

Love it!

We love our Google chromecast. We had an Apple TV prior and this one is so much better! So easy to use. Love that I can ask it questions and if I’m looking for a show it shows a range of platforms that show is available. The interface is great. You can see all the shows you are watching from all different apps without going into the app separately. The only qualm I have is the buttons are super sensitive so we often accidentally change the channel. Best part is turning the tv on and off and the sound function from the remote so we don’t need two remotes.

Purchased in May 2021 for $100.

Chris
Chris

Everyone should have one

For $99 this turns any TV into a smart TV.
Being able to watch free to air online and most of the TV shows on demand is really handy.
Then there is of course netflix etc which absolutely kills foxtel.
The interface and also the responsiveness of the remote control is dramatically improved over the Nexus box which was the beginning of Google TV.
For Apple fans, you also have Apple TV on this, so this offers far more flexibility than just having Apple TV.
Just buy it and thank me later. :)

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $99.

DavidN
DavidNGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Turns my monitor into a smart TV and much more

Purchased in June 2021 at Officeworks Physical store for $80.