Haier HDC80E1

Haier HDC80E1

MPN: HDC80E1

Clothes Dryers Buying Guide

A reliable tumble dryer can give you clean, dry clothes - and fast. Whether you decide on a heat pump, condenser or vented dryer, a washer dryer combo, or no dryer at all, this guide can help.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.9

I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing

Our old dryer finally died and being winter we needed another, this dryer is such a disappointment, I've found it's only drying clothes completely from straight out of the washing machine which will ultimately cost us a lot more in power as I used to just use the dryer to 'finish' almost dry clothes off the clothes line outside, but if you put clothes which are not quite dry in to do this it makes them even damper, which is really annoying and makes the whole thing useless. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,336.00.

Useless and waste of money

This Dryer is totally useless and does not dry anything, I am so angry I wasted so much money on it, takes 3 trys to get things dry and really expensive on power. The manual is nonsense and I had a technician come out to explain how it worked. He agreed this was a bad product and although I was able to get things a bit dryer after he explained the things that weren't in the manual. The procedure goes as follows: Put select weighted clothes in dryer on extra dry, after 30 mins when the cycle finishes take out damp wet clothes and put in express 30 min thing, after 10 mins it stops so I hang damp clothes on rack in front of heat pump.

Purchased in January 2021 for $800.00.

No dramas here!

I used to have an unvented dryer in the garage but after getting soaked on rainy cold winter days going out there I decided to go for a condenser model to have in the house. I like that this machine doesn't over dry items like my old unvented dryer did, I've noticed my fabrics have lasted much longer given they aren't being crispy fried! A load of towels come out dry but still soft in under an hour. A trick for sheets, tie the diagonal corners in a light knot which stops them bunching while tumbling and just run them on a normal cotton cycle. It works for me, I get a queen size sheet set dry within an hour. I got my machine on a good deal nearly 2.5 years ago and I'm still really happy with it.

Purchased in November 2018 for $750.00.

jennifer k.Hunter Region, NSW

Disappointing

Very disappointed with this "dryer". The first dryer did not work from new,kept stopping after 1 min, telling me to empty the water tank which was empty ( Never used). Took it back to GoodGuys who gave me a replacement ( same model). I have to run the dryer twice on high, extra in order to dry a normal load.( not even a full load). 2 towels, hand towel and bath mat took 3 attempts before dry. One lot of queen size sheets took 2 cycles to dry. I read some reviews that had this problem too but others who liked this machine. Feel I have definitely wasted $800.

Purchased in March 2021 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Not worth it.

Only actually dries on the highest setting. Doesn't work on sheets - just rolls them up into a warm damp ball. Stopped working after 2 and a half years (2yr warranty).

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
DawneSydney, NSW

Check before you buy

I have had the Haier 8kg heat pump dryer for a few months. I am so sorry I bought it. It takes HOURS AND HOURS to dry a medium load. So disappointed an annoyed!!!

suhu6
suhu6

Haier HD80-01 Condensor Tumble Dryer

Happy with my Condensor Tumble Dryer. It is too heavy to attach to the wall, but saves me having to open the window above my sink, when the old dryer was used. 6 years old and No problems with it.

Purchased in April 2014 at 2nds World for $869.00.

Does not dry anything

These reviews are all on point. I have honestly just one cotton sheet in there, it's been 2.5 hours and the thing is still damp. I'm not going to even bother putting the other washing in there because thats just a waste of time. You'll be waiting a long time for anything to dry. Save your money and get something else.

Purchased in May 2020 at Farmers for $799.00.

Creativecaz
CreativecazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

HDC80E1 Condenser Dryer

Purchased June 2019 (last year). I have to call the repair man again as the roller has flattened AGAIN. Two call outs in less than a year. What happens when the dryer is out of warranty? Make parts that last please.
This Dryer was recommend by Good Guys, but I would not buy another one.
I cannot afford to replace the rollers every year.

Purchased in June 2019.

Luke miller
Luke millerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent washing machine

I bought this haier washing machine last year and it’s great on water usage and energy usage, I can’t say I’ve ever had any problems with it the only negative was the delay in finish load time

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Sylvia
SylviaSydney, NSW

Terrible. Do not buy it

I have used many different settings to try to get my clothes dry. Unfortunately, the Haier 8kg heat pump clothes dryer which cost me over $1100 DOES NOT DRY CLOTHES of any kind. Cotton, undies, work shirts, towels. Nothing gets even remotely dry.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,149.00.

Bernadette G
Bernadette GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not recommend

The worst dryer that I have ever used. It only spins one way, therefore the clothes bunch up in a ball leaving the outside clothes dry and the inside (of the ball) very damp. I bought this dryer from Harvey Norman Bundall, they usually are great at helping with good choices but unfortunately not this time.

Purchased in April 2019 for $694.00.

Adriana
AdrianaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Stick with a Normal Tumble Dryer

Have had this dryer for a week and have used it 5 times. I wish i stuck with my old cheap vented drier as that dried all my clothes in 90 minutes.

After tyring a few different cycles clothes still come out damp.. Even after washing sheets for 3 hours they were still damp and i had to hang them up to dry!! WTH even using the anti crease function the sheets were all wrinklly!

One review said you had to try a few functions before you get the right one to dry but who has the time and money to try all 16 cycles. Ita a dryer it should dry regardless of what setting you use!!
Wish i had spent my $700 on a vented tumble dryer..

Haier should allow us to return the product for a full refund!

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $725.00.

k.cubillo
k.cubilloPilbara, WA

Did not even last a full year.

We have a family of 6 and wash a lot of uniforms, work clothes etc
We thought this would last a while because we bought a expensive one, it unfortunately didn’t last a full year and started making an awful loud sound so we couldn’t use it for months and had to wait for it to get fixed. Not good when you have 4 kids.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Brett
BrettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A waste of money

Doesn't fully dry anything as the sensor cuts it off too soon.
Sheets end up in a wet ball.
If Haier had any ethics and valued their reputation they would offer a buy-back or replacement scheme for this useless hunk of junk.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $728.00.