Hema HX-1 Navigator

Hema HX-1 Navigator

See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hema Navigator

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Ian
Ian

Screen cracking

I’ve had my HX-1 since Christmas and been on two trips with. It was in the windscreen holder at all times. I’ve noticed that there are some cracks starting to appear in the screen. Has anyone else has this issue?

Purchased in December 2020.

Jason
JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

OMG the worst product I have ever purchased

Battery dies fast, forever searching for GPS never stays up with you. Have to set up your trip every time you stop and restart your vehicle. Biggest waste off money.

Purchased in February 2018.

HemaHema Navigator

HI Jason, I noticed you have had your unit for quite some time., Perhaps we could take a look at it for you and get you back up and running? Please contact our Tech support team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1 for Hardware support.

This is a lemon

Worked great, maps were great, track logs and all to do with GPS was great, also took great pictures and video. Then battery swelled and popped screen. Lost everything. Thats all bye

Purchased in March 2019.

HemaHema Navigator

HI Des, All is not lost ! We can service your unit and carry out a battery replacement. Pleease contact us tomorrow on (07) 3340-0000 to discuss.

ConradGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Always searching for signal. Can never get a signal even on a sunny day.

GPS signal strength is non existent. Cant pick up GPS signal. inaccurate GPS position when i have a signal. Im always travelling on a different street to what Im actually travelling on. Called the tech team who were good at helping me resolve the issue

Purchased in May 2021 at BCF for $500.00.

HemaHema Navigator

HI Conrad, Please call the Hema Technical Support Team on (07) 3340 0000 option 1 for assistance. I am confident they will be able to get this sorted for you.

Conrad

Thanks. I did call. They were very helpful, and knowledgeable.
Unfortunately, Ill need an external GPS repeater to get it to work on my car. I will get this and hope it works.

Thanks Conrad - Safe travels

Tim T
Tim TPerth, WA

A fair tool, but lacking intelligent programming support.

Purchased in November 2017 at BCF.

Thanks for your deception Hema HX1

No factually correct updates. Customer service is a joke; they blame mapping company for the mistakes & after all it’s really just a 4WD gps not really for street navigation. 80 zones as 50, same for 70 & 60km/hr zones! Take the money and run!

Purchased in November 2019 for $995.00.

Track B.
Track B.Sydney, NSW

HX-1. Sorry we purchased this unit

Our HX-1 is less than 18 Months old. The battery will not charge past 26%. Even when plugged into the USB port in the truck, it will not hold its charge. USB port appears faulty. When using in Explorer mode on outback dirt roads and relying on the unit for directions it is actually dangerous as it constantly turns itself off leaving you with no idea where the road goes or which turn to take. It is difficult to use and is quite complicated after our previous Hema 6 which was far more user friendly. It is suited to a very select group of end users. We have resorted to downloading free speedo & trip apps on our iPhones/iPads as these offer continuity and accurate distances and maps.

Purchased in February 2020 for $599.00.

Christopher J.
Christopher J.Far North Queensland, QLD

Hema Problems

Very disappointed. Having the chance I would not have bought it. Blank screen, usb port faulty, will not charge, constantly wanting to shut down while driving poor vis when zoomed in, Maps up to date still won't recognise addresses and places fixed on warranty took 8 weeks to get back while travelling. Doing it all again now having to send it away again. Extremely Unhappy.

Purchased in June 2020 at Autobarn for $540.00.

Peter and Judy Hannah
Peter and Judy HannahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hema - never again!!

After 3 years of hn6 issues, Hema offered me a hn7 for $99. I said no, and purchased a HX1 for $100. It has not been out of the box for 3 years (brand new) - because of major family issues and we couldn't travel. Now - it:
1. Won't charge properly
2. Overheats dramatically
3. Will not hold a charge
4. Will not turn off!

What happens with retailers with old stock? These units have major mechanical, electrical and design issues, and Hema should be held responsible. A users group class action should hold them accountable. Hema brag about their systems being "World class" - and these units are not fit for purpose!!

Purchased in September 2017 at HEMA Maps for $100.00.

My hx 1 is always searching for gps

Always searching for gps signal even on clear day car gps works full phone service but Hx1 sill searching for signal very hard to use has anyone had or having this problem

Purchased in March 2021 for $550.00.

Jase gonebush Far North Queensland, QLD

Not fit for purpose in Explore mode for subscription users.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in December 2019 at BCF Physical Store.

Jase gonebush

That's a fantastic bloody lie. I emailed support@hemax.com 22 Jul 2021, 2:56 pm over your latest application I paid for and they just didn't bother to find my email or account and I give up. No more money for you guys. FULL OF Nonsense

Innis C.
Innis C.Perth, WA

The most useless navigation tool ever

Bought this in 2017. Went to several courses and training sessions. It is useless. Absolutely useless. Don’t waste your money. Thankfully some bought mine off gumtree. The bin it’s next destination, for sure

Purchased in October 2017 for $600.00.

Gill N.
Gill N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A GPS that can't connect to satellites

The HEMA HX-1 might be useful if most of its time wasn't spent searching for GPS signal. Yes, it is fully updated and all GPS satellite resets done. To be honest Google maps, even with no network signal is doing a better job. This is the most expensive waste of money equipment we have, it is not user friendly and a GPS that spends all its time searching for a satellite and so unable to provide directions is only good for the bin.
This device does not perform at all.

Tony
TonySouth West, WA

charging problems

I have owned the HX-1 for 18 months, now when I turn it on it says battery low, thinking that it will recharge as it is connected to the vehicle, after maybe 10 minutes it shuts down because of low battery. I have tried to charge it on my laptop and the same results. Prior to buying the HX-1 I owned a HEMA HN5I which was really good, then the case (plastic) became sticky and was unpleasant to handle. I am now looking for a new navigator it wont be a HEMA

Martin
Martin

We are so smart we are dumb

Purchased in January 2020 at BCF Physical Store for $550.00.

Marie
Marie asked

Does anyone else have problems with the navigation when using the Camps 10 Locations and the Camps Public Dump Points. I find my HX-1 to be hopeless, we have gotten lost so many times trying to follow the directions as given when we use this function. Our HX-1 sends us in circles, back tracking where we had just come from and no where near our destination. I contacted Hema and they told me to reset the GPS, which I did but it hasn't made any difference. I find if I enter the address the HX-1 gets us to where we want to be but when using the Camps function we end up chasing our tail. I am finding it quicker and easier to use our in car navigation instead. So far I have been very disappointed with the HX-1

Benjamin K.
Benjamin K.asked

My HX1 screen wasn’t working properly as one row of the keyboard wasn’t working, when I took it back to be replaced it started working fine again.
I haven’t used it in 3 months and when I turned it on today it is doing the same thing again, does anyone have a resolution for this other then factory reset.

HemaHema Navigator

Hi Benjamin, Please contact our tecnical support team on (07) 3340-0000 Option 1, Our Team will be happy to assist

KWR
KWRasked

I have a HX-1 unit and cant get passed the screen saver, each time i turn the unit on it will start up normally then after a few seconds goes to screen saver and i cannot get passed this unless i turn the unit off and the process starts again.
Has anyone had this issue and if so how did they fix it.

HemaHema Navigator

HI KWR, Please contact us on 07 3340-0000 - We would be happy to help you with this.

Get an answer from our members and Hema Navigator representatives