Hiclone Petrol Saver

Hiclone Petrol Saver

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hiclone Petrol Saver? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jingjoe M.
Jingjoe M.Gippsland, VIC

Diesels great, petrol cars - no noticeable difference.

Had 2 in my turbo diesel and it has had far greater low end torque and also had noticeably more top-end power. Fitted 2 hi-clones in my next petrol car and absolutely no noticeable benefit what so ever.

Purchased in March 2010 for $320.00.

Gavin C.
Gavin C.South East Queensland, QLD

Fitted to 3 consecutive vehicles with no noticeable difference

I fitted one to 3 consecutive Commodore utes that travelled 1000000 km between them. Absolutely no difference in fual consumption on any of them. All fitted with dual fuel set ups and every drop of fuel used tracked for tax purposes.

Purchased in December 1999.

Peter  Adams
Peter AdamsAU

Mechanic for 45 years (my test)

reece
reecehobart

Great BUY

I put one on a mazda bravo 92 4x4 2.6litre petrol. instantly got much better acceleration, and got extra 30-40kms per tank. Iam getting one fitted to my 2.4ltr hilux diesel and cant wait to feel the improvement as they are supposed to be more effective with diesels. But seriously if your car is in good nick, dont drive like a fool - i cant see why you should have a negative effect with this product. I recommend the Hiclone

JJateitCairns

Great results on all our vehicles

I've had Hiclones in the last 5 vehicles, carby, Efi and Tdi all with excellent results, if a company is giving you a money back guarantee based on your happiness with the results and has been around for over 20 years it's obviously on to a good thing. I would recommend Hiclone to any one who needs more power and economy to give them a go.

Hiclone in HJ61 Landcruiser

I put a hiclone in a 1986 landcruiser 12HT turbo diesel about 14 yrs ago it made the turbo cut in 300 rpm earlier so less throttle needed to accelerated resulted in an 0.5 lph fuel saving. It also reduced the vehicle from labouring at low rpm by 150 rpm I was happy with the results.

SolarWaterCoolerAU

25 Years & still selling (2nd try)

SolarWaterCooler

Good to see the web site was corrected to the Hiclone Fuelsaver site, it has better information.

works best before just afm

I have used hiclones on three vehicles now. I recently fitted one before the AFM in my r33 turbo skyline and was impressed with the instant result. I believe just as an intercooler does the heat from air being sucked in dissapates into the stainless fins on the hiclone hitting the AFM cooler and denser.

Ian
IanVictoria

Market hype rubbish

I tried two Hiclones in my 4x4 TD. First off, a lot more intake noise was noticed. Yeah cool. I am guessing due to the RESTRICTION in the intake hose is why more noise was heard. Further more, no improvement in performance and bugger all improvement on fuel economy.

My advice, buy a potato, cut it in half and jam one of the halves in the intake.

Placebos must be a wonderful thing if you believe all the hype/

Oldfella
OldfellaHunter Region, NSW

HiClones - Do they really work

I have kept a full log on my Toyota LandCruiser 105 Series HZJ105R Diesel 2001 model of each & every fill, Kms/Litre, Litres/100kms since new. HiClone in QLD recommended I also fit the recommended two HiClones as well as a Snorkel & Reusable Air Filter. Realistically the overall performance was noticed especially when towing. However the fuel economy was approximately 10-15% better. The figures do not total what we should have saved overall as if you do the math we should have seen a 20-30% decrease in fuel usage. I do not think I would install the HiClones now as I would need four of them in the 200 Series Diesel LandCruiser at a cost of $800. I would recommend the Air Filter as well as a Snorkel with large bore & air ram.

2011 Ford Ranger (hi rider)

I purchased 3 hiclones and a K & N filter, Getting tired of the rangers very ordinary fuel economy. Was promised a 20% gain in fuel economy. First tank gave me a 10% gain, since then every tank has been getting slightly better. Must be the computer, adjusting. Was a skeptic before purchasing, was an easier decision considering it came with a money back guarantee. Still far from the 20% promised but it's showing signs of getting there
Saving fuel (diesel), saving 10%+, more power, nicer to drive
hoping on 20% saving, might still get there. Not cheap, spent $600+

Waste of money

Fitted two hiclones to my 2005 rodeo diesel they made no differance at all a total waste of over three hundred dollars.i think I got ripped off.would nod recomend them to any of my friends.really really diserpointed in the product.Would have been money better spent elsewhere.will not buy them ever again....

Waste of money

MickRural NSW

WILL retard the performance of your car

Garbage

From the moment a Hiclone was fitted to my 2009 Subaru Forester petrol consumption has steadily increased over the past two months with no increase in power or anything else beneficial. Despite the vehicle being fully and properly serviced during the period fuel consumption is up by over 15%. Buy one at your peril.

Expensive, their warranty runs out before their recommended run in period and it actually wasted more fuel

Darren
DarrenSouthern and Hills, SA

Hiclone magic

Maddog
Maddogasked

Has anyone ever fitted hiclone to 09 Ford Territory petrol/injected gas with what results. Thanks

RC1asked

What happens to the air after it passes through this bit of bent tin at the start of the air intake? It goes through the throttle body and then into the intake manifold then through the inlet valve all of them are designed to control air flow into the motors combustion chamber so would make any swirl effect from the hyclone useless

Sparky
Sparky

lol, buy one, try it, don't like it then send it back. Don't make assumptions until you have given it a 'whirl'.... They work, and work well, they have for me across many different vehicles. That's an opinion based on FACT, not merely a perception. :)

RC1

LMAO assumptions and perceptions I in fact know how an engine works. How does the swirl effect from this thing still continue through the throttle body butterfly and intake runners? How does the swirl effect make it through a turbo? How does putting something like this in your intake not restrict air flow?

Craig H
Craig H

You were making a little sense there til you said turbo.
That’s on the wrong side of the engine for your argument.

Ronasked

Can these be fitted to 2012 v6 commodore. Would I notice any improvement in performance and fuel economy? I recently did a trip to Melbourne on the Hume Hwy and got 1000 ks to a tank.of fuel.

Thanks in advance
Ron Simpkins

JJateit

Yes, 1x or 2x can be installed with very good results.

For more info go to www.hicloneqld.com

SolarWaterCooler

Hi Ron, my friend had a couple fitted in Melb & had good results. He fitted one 1st because he was still a bit skeptical, but was surprised by towing & economy gain. From head offices in Melb & Perth they are $160 each incl gst + $12 del, I think shop in Cairns charges more $175 +$18 del. Contact Hiclone at Fuelsaver.com.au they have installers all over the country as well, some of these supply & install for $160 each

Thanks again.