Hisense R5 Series

Hisense R5 Series

65R5 (65"), 58R5 (58"), 55R5 (55")

4K TV Buying Guide

• Software
  • Picture Quality
Tigz

TigzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shaky start but has been great since

Purchased a 65r5 Hisense and was very happy for about three months and one day it went to the crazy house and started rolling thru it's colour test screen for no reason , Hisense contacted and oddly registration I did were not linked to service with Hisense , approx two weeks later two awesome techs arrived to fix it as a part was needed from China , guys fixed it repositioned it the lot , has been perfect , Hisense an Amazon prime software app would be great if you can. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $930.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi Tigz, thank you for taking the time to write a great review. All feedback will be passed on as we are always looking for improvements,

Joy

Joy

$999 for 65" TV, Yes!

We bought our TV for over a year now and it works perfectly, no problems so far. We were a bit sceptical as it was $999 at Myre (normally something this big would cost double or triple the price).

We would say we are very satisfied with the product - it comes with warranty, HDMI ports (as I often connect my laptop to the large screen), you can also airplay, and it is a smart TV so there's youtube and other smart functions.

We have quite a few things connected to it such as an internet TV box (for Chinese internet TV) and wireless connection is great, it doesn't seem to lag like my old TV did. I used to own a Hisense fridge (for 5 years) and there wasn't any problems, so I'd say Hisense products are quite good. Would recommend!

Purchased in January 2019 at myre for $999.00.

Antonio

AntonioSydney, NSW

Value for money

It was my first hisense purchase and I was a bit sceptical, but i can say that the tv is pretty good, easy to use and value for money. Of course it’s not the best you can find on the market but it Does the job

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $995.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how Hisense R5 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best TV for your lounge room

They couldn't fix the Hisense 43N6 (43") so they replaced this model so I can watch all my favourite TV Shows in bigger and better clarity in the lounge room when I move into my unit in September 2020.

Purchased at Hisense for $370.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write a great review, any feedback will be passed onto our development team as we are always looking for consistent improvements.

MJay

MJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful!

Purchased in January 2020 at Betta Home Living for $599.00.

Ben S.Hisense

Hi, Thank you for the great review, we are happy you are satisfied with our product.

Wykiki

WykikiSydney, NSW

Great TV

This is our second Hisense TV purchase and we LOVING our TV. Great picture and great quality. The only downfall of the Hisense TV is that I can't access the Tenplay etc.. apps!! Otherwise it's 5 stars from me!

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $850.00.

Zou B.

Zou B.

This is not bad TV

The TV I bought is refurbished. And It works well for 3 years. The only issue is the remote controler. The controler's power button is not working normal. You would have to push hard to switch it on/off.

Purchased for $750.00.

Casslex

CasslexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for price but missing some perks

Good for price love the size and ease of use. Unfortunately can not connect Foxtel to hisense and we miss out on adding Foxtel go but happy with the catch up tv Netflix access.

Purchased in September 2019.

It is my first Hisense Tv, maybe this is a lemon.

It is my first Hisense Tv, maybe this is a lemon, but this has numerous problems, the tv operation system has frozen a few times(need to be turned off at wall to restart), when playing movies from portable hd, movie will stop and exit to sub menu, has frozen while watching netflix. When it freezes, the on buttons that works on remote is the channel and on/off....I have had this since early july, will be contacting Hisense asap..

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $915.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how Hisense R5 Series compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

Ken

Ken

Great value and excellent picture and sound quality

This is our 2nd Hisense Smart TV in the last 12 months, and this new model does not disappoint.It has great picture and sound and was simple to set up.
Hisense certainly build a nice unit for the price point, features and ease of use rivalling the other two very well known smart TV brands which I currently own.
We would always consider Hisense before the more expensive brands at the same model size etc, as quite frankly the picture quality is as good, if not better than most.
It comes with plenty of features and the remote and onscreen instructions are simple and easy to follow.
The 3 year in home warranty is also excellent.
I will definitely buy again. 10/10

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $795.00.

Performance
Sound Quality
Software
Picture Quality

The Unknown angel

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for $759.00.

Phill

PhillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Value for this Hisense 58" TV

I am extremely happy with this 58" TV.
The detail and colour after tweaking the setting are superb.
I would recommend this Hisense to anyone looking for good value.
Equal to any of the more expensive brands that I have viewed.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $775.00.

John

JohnUrunga

Good TV except for HDMI (ARC)

58" R5 TV (new for 2019) is a good TV, with nice picture, easy setup, reasonable sound, and good value at $899 less Ebay 20% off plus $38.80 delivery = $758. However, I was unsuccessful in hooking up a Yamaha YAS 108B soundbar using HDMI (ARC) even though both units specify HDMI (ARC). I Phoned Yamaha Customer Service and was told Hisense HDMI (ARC) is not compatable with their soundbar. Internet reviews have heaps of articles about Hisense HDMI (ARC) not working or not compatible with other HDMI (ARC) equipped units.

Purchased in June 2019 for $758.00.

John A.

John A.asked

58R5 (58")

What apps come with this tv

gsivas64

gsivas64asked

R5 Series

Few months ago I purchased the 58 inch Hisense 58R5 modelUHD tv.Very easy to set up however not happy with the picture quality.On many programs the picture is blurry, fuzzy, distorted etc.I contacted the warranty people on a number of times and supplied info to them but no help from them as at the end I was told that all manufacturers will exhibit some degree of motion blur and that this issue cannot be considered a manufacturing fault.This is not a satisfactory explanation to my problem with this new tv.Just want to know if others have had similar issues with this model and what was done to rectify the issue.

Kay'sMouthPs
Kay'sMouthPs

Hi,
This is subjective. I have been using this for the past 3 months: TV channels along with Youtube and Netflix. It could be a case of expecting high quality, when u cant compare it with Samsung or Sony etc. I knew this when i bought hisense. But, i have not faced any distorted visuals. Especially with the TV channels, they are pretty decent. Sometimes, due to internet speeds, or the lack of it, could be a reason for blurry visuals at 360p on youtube or netflix. Otherwise it could be a faulty device and you have to use the warranty.

Gen D

Gen Dasked

58R5 (58")

Can I ask anyone with an Iphone if you can cast from your phone easily to the T.V? I know it's sometimes a bit tricky.

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives

Compare all 3 Hisense R5 Series

Price (RRP) $1,499.00$1,799.00$899.00
Screen Size 58"65"55"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TV
Energy Rating5 star(s)6 star(s)
Wireless OptionsWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
Refresh Rate 50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz
Number of HDMI Ports333
Number of USB Ports222
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight17 kg16.3 kg
Dimensions (without stand) 749 x 1292 x 68 mm721 x 1242 x 81 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 812 x 1292 x 233 mm781 x 1242 x 235 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Compare all 3 Hisense R5 Series