Hisense Series 4 40R4 (40")

Hisense Series 4 40R4 (40")

2.8 from 10 reviews · View Details

2.8

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality
Alyson

AlysonPerth, WA

Problems after only 4 days.

I bought this TV last Sunday, everything was fine. Easy to set up & all worked perfectly.
Last night (Thursday) so 4 days later the picture kept switching to a darker mode & the channels I had saved to Favourites weren't showing in Favourites. Even thought they were clearly marked as Favourites.
It is still under warranty since I only bought it last Sunday but what a pain. Now I have to call & see if it can be fixed. When you buy a TV, you just want it to work. There's not supposed to be issues after you bring it home.

Purchased in September 2020 at JB Hifi Home for A$445.00.

Blu J

Blu J

Having technical issues after 11 months

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$445.00.

Kanu Garg

Kanu GargGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PERFECT AND LIGHT WEIGHT

Everything is perfect, best for Kids bedroom or small bedroom
Screen quality is good and ports are also enough
Price wise its worth it

Completely satisfied and will highly recommend it

Purchased in November 2019 for A$259.00.

Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi Kanan, thank you for the great review and taking the time to write about your experience.

Full HD TVs

Find out how Hisense Series 4 40R4 (40") compares to other Full HD TVs

Great TV

This TV was easy to set up, does everything that I want and that was advertised and considering the cheap price I am really happy with it. I am really happy I bought it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$445.00.

Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi Goldie , Thank you for the great review, have a wonderful day.

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never Again Hisense

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$365.00.

MJA

MJAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

VERY bad quality product Hisense 40R4.. Do not waste your money on this junk

Purchased this TV new! on 10/10/2019 screen did not even last 6 months!!! died on 24/03/2020
and not covered by warranty at all.
So i wasted my money on a HISENSE piece of junk. They didn't even send someone to look at it and simply referred me to section 11a(ii) of their warranty. The "We are not responsible for the crap we make" part of the warranty.
Absolutely furious about this and now i have no money for a new TV and now can't use this TV as my computer monitor for work!!! Which i now have to do at home!!! HISENSE = Very bad quality!!! Do not buy!!! Hisense make faulty products!!!

Purchased in October 2019.

Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi , we are sorry to hear about the issue you are having with one of our products , if you provide me with your Hisense Reference number I can look into the file for you further or email me at crt@hisense.com

Stephen

StephenSydney, NSW

Not worth the money

First time purchase of a Chinese branded TV and the features of it have been disappointing.

Firstly, HD pciture quality wise, it was just a joke compare to other Japanese brands.

Secondly, being a smart TV and should you wish to using it as another internet browser, then your nightmare has come. WIFI consistency has been a joke.

For its price range, surely there still plenty other better options in the market

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$465.00.

Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've experienced an issue with one of our products. If you give our friendly technical support team a call on 1800 447 367, they will be able to address your enquiry.

Emma

Emma

No Catch up apps except SBS

Bought this TV due to price point and the fact that it was advertised as a smart TV, in-fact claiming that it had Freeview+. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The only Freeview channel with Catch-up is SBS. Not even ABC iview. Basically what you get out of this in terms of free options is SBS and YouTube. Otherwise you have to pay for subscriptions to Netflix or Stan. as far as I can tell it is not possible to add apps like Disney Plus or Google Play either. Picture seems fine and was easy to set up but really not impressed with the false advertising. Sound quality and picture are acceptable for the size and price of the tv.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$395.00.

Not me

Not me

Not so smart TV

Got a new hisense 40R4 40 in. Series 4 LED LCD TV and whenever I'm on the internet I get an insufficient system resources. Shutting down web browser message and wifi drop out constantly. Very annoying ... Have checked the system upgrade and all up to date.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bing Lee for A$333.00.

Jasmine F.Hisense

Hi , We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your TV ,if you give our friendly staff a call on 1800 447 367 they will be able to assist you further , it may be few settings that need to adjusted with the TV.

Full HD TVs

Find out how Hisense Series 4 40R4 (40") compares to other Full HD TVs

Kitchen nerd

Kitchen nerdSydney, NSW

Quality picture and sound

I bought this TV based on the in-store demo models. This one had a really clear picture and good quality sound compared with the other TV's in demo mode. The price was a bit more than I had hoped to pay but very reasonable for what I got.

Easy to set up and use. The remote control has Netflix and You Tube buttons which is a handy short cut for launching those apps. I'm really happy with the sound quality. Not tinny at all - no need for an extra speaker, this is plenty as is.

My only small gripe is it doesn't have all the free to air catch up apps and I can't figure out how to add them, or if it's actually possible. It has SBS which is good, but not ABC iView for example.

Would happily recommend this TV to others.