Holden Colorado

2019 Crew cab 4wd

Vehicle is used for work and Private, vibration through the car makes it unpleasant to live with. Have been told by the dealer the trans needs a triple flush? Then told could be an engine balance problem. Holdens customer service is awful. 3 months and still waiting.

Noise Level
Boot Size

6 speed automatic transmission vibration. Am told normal. What a disappointment

Purchase new LTZ with 276km. Right after purchase noticed transmission viberated through car between 90 - 110km. Took back to dealer and told was normal. Test drove another demo and same vibration.
Been searching Chevy colorado US sites and there has been warranty replacements on 8 speed auto trans torque converters with same issue. Unable to find solution here in OZ. What a disappointment.

Noise Level
Boot Size

Do your home work

My 2018 Colorado has a shudder problem. I do 800 Klm’s a week and Holden say it will get better. It is the same in all Colorado’s. I have had Holden engineers drive the car and all they could do was offer me gifts.well, the car has now done 35000k and is still a shudder bucket. Biggest piece of rubbish I have owned. The torque converter locks way too early which causes the car to labour. I have driven a few different Colorado’s now and none are as bad as mine.save your money and do your research before you make a choice.

LTZ RG Colorado 2012 - 2013

Vibration throughout the car
Who's pinion seal doesn't leak?
Who's passanger seat doesn't wobble like a mofo without a body sitting on it?

New valves needed just before 100,000km shat itself.

Wish I kept in and put a gen3 in it tho. Other than that.... They're POX be cautious if you're buying one aye.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

2019 Colorado LS

Ive just picked up today a Brand new 2019 Colorado Ls, { company car not my choice } if you want a comfortable work ute / office, keep away. This is by far the most agricultural vehicle I have driven apart from a John deere tractor.
It's uncomfortable, basic, terrible handling and the brakes are borderline dangerous. Even the handbrake goes straight to the roof and it's only travelled 75klm. Our company bought Two and they are both like it.
Save your money.
It's not good when you pick up a new work ute and even the
salesman says you won't like it.

Engine Size2.5L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedJan 2019
Drive4WD

Please help Ute makes wining and strong ridgey shakes when driven

IHey so I have a Lx 2011 Colorado 4x2 6 cylinder Automatic trans Takes Unleaded Petrol .
3 months ago I got a basic maintenance service.
When the report came back 3 codes kept popping up on scan,
(1)-(P0521) Engine oil Pressure sensor Performance
(2) - (P0522)Engine oil pressure sensor circuit signal low (3)-(C0226)Left Hnd front wheel speed sensor malfunctn

I haven’t been able to get a start to get any fixed but recently when I start Her up there’s a kind of wining jittery sound especially when I Begin to drive its like the gears can’t change Revs are stuck and it sound scary But when I put it in 2nd Gear to begin driving, Then third it doesn’t make the noise and dont jitter
Also I pressed the “Third start” button near the power switch and put in drive it worked perfectly fine but if that button is of it feels like the Ute will just rip in half PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY ANY BODY ...

Engine Size3.6L V6 Petrol
Date PurchasedApr 2018
DriveFWD

Good Reliable Truck

3 years old and is my daily drive. To work is 64k country/city round trip and is at 58,000k.

It is bumpy on our wonderful roads but is the base model. Good quality sheepskin seat covers helped immensely.
I sit on a 100ks going to work and 80ks on way home (to many roos at night).
Fuel is between 8.4 and 8.7 L/100k.
Has plenty of power and is easy overtaking and not hard to hit 120k+ when doing so.
Very easy to spin the front wheels in the wet from take off so use the 4x4 around town and it works very well.

Only problem was the fuel filler door actuator failed and replaced by Wagga Motors under warrenty and is serviced by them at the recommended intervals.

Besides the normal costs. I had to replace the pollen filter at the last service.

Otherwise I can't fault the Colley.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Spot on

Have had other models of Holdens previously that we had major issues with, so we were reluctant to buy another Holden. But can happily say that our 2017 Z71 is spot on. We test drove the top of the range Tritan and they really don’t even compare to each other. They drive on road like a dream, off road great, tow like there is nothing on the back. we haven’t had a single issue yet. Though, a slight near the back wheels that we will get checked. Only thing I could suggest, is a better sound system. Coming from a SRI-V Cruise (complete lemon of a car other than the sound system) If the Crusie could have a really good sound system you’d think for the price of the Z71 it could be better. All in all we love it!

BadgeZ71
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Last Holden ever very disappointed in Holden’s service

Purchased this ute from new the aircon was permanently on cold, have a vibration that goes through the Ute at 1500 revs which has been there since the day we got it and numerous visits back to the dealer with no joy and at just over 12 months old has rust along the top of the windscreen. Ute has only done 21000k’s and is only used for commuting to work.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good all round ute

Used every day, always serviced on time and never thrashed when on the road. I have had a few issues but realistically, good value for what I paid for it. In respect of reliability, it's very good but the good old Holden days are gone so nothing will last for years anymore sadly.
It is super stable and comfortable on the road. I have upgraded the suspension to heavy duty - out of necessity and keep on top of any maintenance. I would buy another...

DriveRWD

Great for towing, loads of power!!

Purchased a 2017 Holden Colorado RG LTZ back in October last year and still smiling when I see what I'm driving home. This vehicle is four door, and is great for my family and also my work place. I often tow a caravan , a boat and a box trailer all of which the Colorado handles with ease and pleasure. The back seat is wide and deep enough to fit three child/baby seats across the back, without compromising leg room in the front of the cabin.

This vehicle has build in Satellite navigation, front and reverse sensors making parking a breeze as well as a top quality reverse camera. This features are on top of a top ancap safety rating, with side, front, back airbags and grade braking for the big down hill slopes.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Alternator Issue

Vehicle has 90,000Km, go anywhere, pulls 22ft van with ease; one of the best cars I have owned in 50 years problem free until this week. 1. developed engine noise and rough idle - bearing collapse on alternator idler pulley, replaced bearing. 2. Driving along in 60 zone, loud "POP" sound, engine lost power - hose blew off turbo, not damaged, just blew from fitting - re-joined and tightened retainer screw clamp.

I would have thought the idler pulley bearing would have been a vehicle "life" thing, not 90,000Km ?. Maybe the turbo clamp worked loose?

Any comment or feedback please

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Blown Head Gasket

Well, just completed service at 120K.This vehicle has had a very easy life.No towing, very little off road ( Fraser, Bloomfield)never overheated and always driven conservatively.But it has a leak from the cylinder head gasket at right hand rear of block.Using a very small amount of water.I would have thought this engine would have lasted a LOT longer before needing major surgery.I have been told by two mechanics that they have seen a few of these models with the same problem.Not happy or impressed at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Drive4WD
Well, I have only just had time to report back on my blown head gasket diagnosis.I sent it in to my mechanic to get the job done, with a heavy heart I may add.I get a call from him an hour later telling me they have found the problem.A screw -in inspection plug is at the back of the cylinder head and it was leaking coolant down onto the area where the cylinder head meets the block.He was unable to see this until he removed a bit of the clutter from top of the engine.They screwed it out, resealed it, pressure tested and away I go for $300 which included a full flush of the cooling system.So, this is something to watch out for with these machines.My faith in the vehicle is restored and my bank balance is very relieved.

Mini Tank. Excellent car.

Excellent car. 2012 DX 4x4 model single cab. My work car has done 200,000. Towing 2ton trailer every day. Never had a problem, oil consumption 0, manual transmission beautiful, servicing every 5,000-7,500. Upgrade catch can,Stainless steel exhaust, air bags on rear, future upgrade bigger intercooler and that's it.
I heard lots of issues with Colorado but mine is absolutely great.

BadgeDX
BodySingle Cab Chassis
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Drive4WD

Never buy a Holden vehicle again

Oil consumption very high; fix = thicker oil ???
Engine vibrates heavily always; fix 1 = replace tyres ???. fix 2 = replace front wheel bearings ???. fix 3 = that's the way they were built, tough !!!!. Go away and live with it as we (GMH) are not going to do anything about it !!!
Interestingly GMH have replaced a large number of engines under wty.

Oil Consumption 2.8 Auto

On a trip towing a 1.5ton Camper with about 750kg in the back of the ute my Space Cab 2.8 Auto consumes 200ml of 5w 40 oil every 1000km, it has being doing it since day one, this equates to 3 litres of oil per 15000km which Mr GM Holden states is within specifications. City driving oil consumption is about half. I have asked where all of the oil is going and what effect it will have on the catalytic converter, EGR system and carbon deposits - no response. I've done 80,000km now and have extended warranty but they don't want to know me. Yes I am frustrated because the ute is very good apart from the oil consumption.

BodySpace Cab Chassis
Date PurchasedJun 2014

Good

I’ve driven my grandads and I wanted to keep it, drives really well steering is fantastic quite light to drive for such a big car. Spacious and quite luxurious inside which is good, my daughter loved it also I would definitely drive it again if I could :) good job

BadgeDX
Engine Size3.6L V6 Petrol
Date PurchasedAug 2014

Love the RG Colorado

Bought a 2014 RG Colorado, as we needed something reliable, good economy, 5 seats and decent load and towing capacity. We couldn’t be happier with it. Quality build, excellent economy, good power from a small Diesel engine. Pricing is reasonable, only negative is front seats aren’t very comfortable for touring, long trips

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Drive4WD

Sold a lemon nothing but Junk

Bought brand new only just hit 120000ks and has just cost me over $5400 to fix gearbox, clutch and flywheel, no warranty or support from the dealer or Holden. I am so disappointed as this was over a 60k vehicle not even 5 years old, never again will I buy HOLDEN

Engine Size3.0L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedSep 2014

Perfect Ute for all adventures

Great for the bush and the beach and everything in between. Plenty of room for kids of all sizes (or just men!) great air flow and engine capacity. Sand does catch within the wheel frame which throws off the alignment whilst on the beach - but don’t be alarmed it’s just the car loving the beach as much as you!