Holden Colorado

Holden Colorado

RG.II, RC and RG.I

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

grey

greyIpswich

terrible car ,

new car burning more than 16lt per hundred , black smoke from the exhaust , the dealer said that's normal, it was returned to the dealer many many times , sold the car in discuss through action

Purchased in June 2010 at Llewellyn Motors.

Year2010

PascalSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love this ute

I love this ute, it handles well with comfort, great power, good on fuel, bought the 2018 LTZ, it's a winner. It now has 30,000 klms just had it's second service, could not fault it.

Purchased in June 2018 at Zupps.

Bryce

BryceMelbourne

So far I'm happy

Recently brought a Z71 colorado and so far I'm a happy camper. My friends have Hilux and Rangers and this thing keeps up with them all day. Found its better on diesel too. Couple things that could be improved are the collision alert is touchy, stall lock up is looser than old ones which I like the low rpm lock up with turbo diesels even If they do vibrate, and I wish it had heated mirrors and adaptive cruze (I'm picky).

Anyways will up date once I've put more kms on it

Purchased in August 2018.

BoughtUsed
Michelle t

Michelle tSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

I have had my Holden Colorado for three an half years now it is only used for personal use and I have maintained regular services, I am a little disappointed that I had to have the motor replace in one of the rear back windows which hardly get used, I thought that I Shouldn’t have the need to spend $350 on a new motor on the window considering the car is only three and half years old. Just a little concerned about what else will start going wrong with this car.

Purchased in April 2015.

Year2015

Michael C.

Michael C.

It's a great truck that behaves like a car.

This is a fantastic truck. I can't believe how 'car-like' it is in it's handling. It really doesn't feel like you're driving a ute at all. The handling is smooth and the engine is very responsive. I'm constantly surprised how much get up and go this thing has. I have the base model LS Crew Cab and although pretty basic, it has all a really nice simple interior with Android Auto, which is pleasant to use.

A really great truck, highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 for $39,990.00.

karen55

karen55Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NOT TOP QUALITY

Purchased Colorado 2018 LTZ IN January 2018 new. Biggest issue is service staff not doing proper services and lying about it. So far Keycase broken supposedly replaced but wasn’t. Told tyres were rotated but not done. Aircon stopped working. Now travelling around Australia, so far turbo hose had hole burnt in it by radiator fault. Believe it’s a design fault. Darwin Holden incompetent taking 5 days to fix. Next halfway to Broome and battery leaking acid everywhere.. Broome Holden more helpful but $312 for battery only 18 months old not happy. Doubt I will buy Holden again.

Purchased in January 2018 at Holden Dealers for $46,500.00.

sarah bain

sarah bainMurray Region, NSW

VERY dangerous when it comes to the safety of my family. Due to on-going issues, that Holden refuse to acknowledge

This is our family car, so every day use to and from work, weekends. Since purchasing this vehicle, we have had on-going issues with the fuel sensor, once fuel gets to a certain amount ( which we dont have any knowledge of knowing what this amount may be) the ute completely shuts down, losing all control of steering. This issue, has occured on more than 4 times. each time we have had to have the vehicle towed, and the issue looked at, the sensor being replaced once. The most recent nearly causing a major accident on a freeway. Holden refuse to deal with this issue seriously, given we are not under warranty anymore.

Purchased in November 2014 at Thompson Motor Group for $53,000.00.

Year2014

JDA

JDASydney, NSW

Best car we have ever owned

Holden Colorado 2011 LX. Dual cab 4x4 turbo diesel.

Very fuel efficient, is used as daily work and family car as well as some 4WDing. Hasn’t skipped a beat, smooth to drive. Has 3 anchor points and roomy. Loved it so much I learned to drive manual just to drive it. Will keep for myself when partner upgrades to newer model.

Purchased in February 2019.

TransmissionManual
Year2011
EIC94

EIC94

Such a great ute!

My fiance and I purchased the 2017 colorado Z71 after much deliberation. Having previously owned a 2009 Holden SV6 Thunder ute, we upgraded to the colorado as a future family and work car. We love this ute and it has heaps of great features! But there are some things we noticed that we weren't happy with until afterwards, for example the dual climate control in the Thunder is not in the Z71 (being that I always have the heater on while my partner has the A/C on). The seats in the Z71 are not very comfortable and after a road trip it's actually a bit painful... And the tub of the ute also had a leak, we took it back to the dealer who looked at the seal, but could not find any problem. Other than that we absolutely love this ute!

Purchased in August 2017.

Year2017
IDW

IDWGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

RG1 great for what it is

Purchased the RG1 as a workhorse in Oct 13. 5 years on, have replaced alternator (warranty @ 3 years 115k) and Air Con compressor @ 180k. 210k and just fitted 3rd set of tires (100k per set), drives great and auto is as smooth as any car I’ve driven. Towa 2 1/2 ton of boat beautifully. So happy with it, I bough a Z71 RG2 in Oct 2015 which is a bit smoother (110k) and no issues. I drive both of them hard and service when due. Neither leak or use oil. We do a lot of highway and interstate Ks and find both very comfortable on the road.

Purchased in November 2013 at Barry Bourke Holden for $33,000.00.

Year2014

Angry19

Angry19

Colin the Colorado

I bought this vehicle in 2009 and must admit to being a little apprehensive. I have owned 4x4s before but never a dual cab.
I so glad I did as this the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It never complains, it’s just point and shoot and it works every time. After 257,000 klms it’s still as strong as it was the day I drove it out of the dealership.
Would I recommend this vehicle, without question!! I have been asked a few times why don’t you update and my answer is always, Why!!

Purchased in December 2009 for $47,000.00.

Year2009

2019 Crew cab 4wd

Vehicle is used for work and Private, vibration through the car makes it unpleasant to live with. Have been told by the dealer the trans needs a triple flush? Then told could be an engine balance problem. Holdens customer service is awful. 3 months and still waiting.

Purchased in September 2018.

Year2019

Petar B

Petar BPerth, WA

6 speed automatic transmission vibration. Am told normal. What a disappointment

Purchase new LTZ with 276km. Right after purchase noticed transmission viberated through car between 90 - 110km. Took back to dealer and told was normal. Test drove another demo and same vibration.
Been searching Chevy colorado US sites and there has been warranty replacements on 8 speed auto trans torque converters with same issue. Unable to find solution here in OZ. What a disappointment.

Purchased in November 2017.

Year2017

Dalco

DalcoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do your home work

My 2018 Colorado has a shudder problem. I do 800 Klm’s a week and Holden say it will get better. It is the same in all Colorado’s. I have had Holden engineers drive the car and all they could do was offer me gifts.well, the car has now done 35000k and is still a shudder bucket. Biggest piece of rubbish I have owned. The torque converter locks way too early which causes the car to labour. I have driven a few different Colorado’s now and none are as bad as mine.save your money and do your research before you make a choice.

Purchased in March 2018.

Woz

WozAU

LTZ RG Colorado 2012 - 2013

Vibration throughout the car
Who's pinion seal doesn't leak?
Who's passanger seat doesn't wobble like a mofo without a body sitting on it?

New valves needed just before 100,000km shat itself.

Wish I kept in and put a gen3 in it tho. Other than that.... They're POX be cautious if you're buying one aye.

BadgeLTZ
Date PurchasedJul 2013

2019 Colorado LS

Ive just picked up today a Brand new 2019 Colorado Ls, { company car not my choice } if you want a comfortable work ute / office, keep away. This is by far the most agricultural vehicle I have driven apart from a John deere tractor.
It's uncomfortable, basic, terrible handling and the brakes are borderline dangerous. Even the handbrake goes straight to the roof and it's only travelled 75klm. Our company bought Two and they are both like it.
Save your money.
It's not good when you pick up a new work ute and even the
salesman says you won't like it.

BadgeLS
Engine Size2.5L Turbo-Diesel
Date PurchasedJan 2019
Drive4WD

Please help Ute makes wining and strong ridgey shakes when driven

BadgeLX

Good Reliable Truck

BadgeLS
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Spot on

Have had other models of Holdens previously that we had major issues with, so we were reluctant to buy another Holden. But can happily say that our 2017 Z71 is spot on. We test drove the top of the range Tritan and they really don’t even compare to each other. They drive on road like a dream, off road great, tow like there is nothing on the back. we haven’t had a single issue yet. Though, a slight near the back wheels that we will get checked. Only thing I could suggest, is a better sound system. Coming from a SRI-V Cruise (complete lemon of a car other than the sound system) If the Crusie could have a really good sound system you’d think for the price of the Z71 it could be better. All in all we love it!

BadgeZ71
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Last Holden ever very disappointed in Holden’s service

Purchased this ute from new the aircon was permanently on cold, have a vibration that goes through the Ute at 1500 revs which has been there since the day we got it and numerous visits back to the dealer with no joy and at just over 12 months old has rust along the top of the windscreen. Ute has only done 21000k’s and is only used for commuting to work.

BadgeLTZ