Honda S2000

See the Best Convertible in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Feaking Awesome!

I first purchase an S2000 back in 1999 putting a deposit down, site unseen. I received the 40th one to come into Australia picking it up on Melbourne Cup Day. I really felt that Mr Honda made that car specially for me. I still have my membership card as a founding member of the Honda Sports Car Club. I raced it around Wakefield twice and I twice drove the Honda Indy Race Driver's around the Gold Coast Indy Parade Lap. This car is phenomenal and bullet proof! Sadly I sold it in January 2003 to pay for school fees. :(
Fast forward to 2016 when I semi-retired and lost my company car; enter an immaculate 2008 S2000 with 28,500km's on it. :) I love this car. I still say it has the best engine/gearbox combination of any car I've driver. This is a pure driver's car which never disappoints! She is a Chef in the kitchen, a Lady on the street and a performer in the bedroom!
Note: My understanding is that AP2's were never sold in Australia but rather the upgrade is an AP1.2
Note: I previously own a Scirocco R. Great car but I sold it after 2 years. I will NEVER sell my S2K. ok!

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Best Car I Have Owned

I have owned a Nissan Skyline, Renault Clio Sport, Golf GTI and Forester XT. The S2000 is fantastic to drive, economical and ever reliable even after 15 years.
If you're expecting a luxurious drive this is not the car for you. If you enjoy driving, the thrill of a high redline and rifle-bolt gearshift you will rate this car highly.
The optional OEM hardtop makes this car a better proposition during winter.
Looks, engine, gearshift, reliability.
The seats are a fraction too high, this can be corrected with an aftermarket seat rail if you're tall.

Fantastic car

In past years have had a Triumph Spitfire, Mitsi Cordia 1800 Turbo, 2 Mitsi Mirage Panther and GLS. now kids have grown and I can get back into a sports car. Looked at Boxter, Z4, MX5 but settled on a year 2000 Honda S2000. What a car!! Massive power, great engine and exhaust sound, great handling, Mum used to say " its a nice day, go outside and play" Now I can! Best fun car I have ever had. Car still turns heads and men and women still smile at pedestrian crossings. A cruise in a S2000 on summer sunny mornings is the ultimate drive to die for.
We also run a Honda Jazz and a Honda CRV Sport so are fans of Honda vehicles and may be a little bias!
Everything. Its the ultimate affordable sports car.
Lack of a dashboard locker, but not a biggie.

Transmission6 speed manual

Owned & Droved it since 2003 - Will die if it eventually dies...

Boought firsthand from Honda Burswood WA. Impeccable customer service & car servicing since 2003.

Simply put, this car is an extension of me. Had 6 different sports coupes before, but this simply beats them all.

From exterior to interior, wonderful japanese engineering and detail. Drives superbly, nil engine problems though coming up to 10 year old mark.

Will be heartbroken in the event I have to sell or if car eventually gives up on my hard-driving

I probably will mourn for a week & will definitly get the latest S2000 model again. This time not in Red, but probably in Black ;p
Awe-inspiring
Wished I could have a colour change for free

TransmissionSport Manual

From a layman's point of view, this car was gorgeous. Lovely to drive, very powerful, good looking, and even with the top off, it was warm because the heaters in the cabin work very well and the wind deflector was effective. It was hard to get in and out of and still be lady-like (so low to the ground made exiting in particular, difficult). Hubby loved this car in every way and had no complaints on any feature except the CD stacker being located in the boot - a little inconvenient in the grand scheme of things.
Great looking, great power delivery.
Nothing, except that we had to get rid of ours once we had kids :-(

When people say S2000 i can only think of the AP1. The car is not awesome because it's good, it's awesome because it's the only one that features so many technological innovations, is cheap, efficient, extremely reliable, still has the highest specific power output per liter of all mass produced cars with an 4-stage internal combustion engine and provides the driver with the best handling ever.
It has everything a driver can wish for: great weight distribution of 50:50, very rigid monocoque x-bone frame that offers unequaled rigidity, best racing suspension(double wishbone) and an engine(F20C) you can only dream of (2L 4c NA 242ps 9000rpm redline)
Even though it weights only 1.27t it's still too much imo but that is because it was made to be sold to ordinary people for a good price so no carbon fibre or anything like that was used. The AP1 is great but the AP2 that features the F22C1 engine is a total disappointment(larger displacement, a little more torque but same power and redline went down to 8000rpm). Totally disgusting degradation