5Ikea Karlstad

Ikea Karlstad

5Ikea Karlstad
3.9

75% · 62 · 25%
Brand Manager for IKEA? Claim your listing.

Mrs K.
Mrs K.7 posts

Smell made me sick

We purchased this couch 10 months ago. It still smells strongly, despite airing it out well.

The chemical smell hurts my throat and gives me a headache if I sit on it.

Other family members aren’t as badly affected but no one enjoys sitting on it as it is not comfortable, the cushions started to slope very soon after purchase.

I can’t recommend this couch to anyone unfortunately, due to the smell and chemical odour.

Show details

Andrew H
Andrew HMelbourne5 posts

Uncomfortable, especially for the price

It’s my own fault I guess for not testing out the couch more prior to buying, but after owning it a couple of years it’s just no good, very uncomfortable and unsupportive.

Show details

Samantha
SamanthaLogan3 posts

Comfy couch

This has been our couch for many many years and you just cant kill it. We have younger children and it has stayed stong through all they have thrown at it! i would recommend buying just about anything from ikea!

Louise Purvis
Louise PurvisBrisbane, Queensland8 posts

Love it

We purchased a Karlstad sofa with chaise a couple of years ago and we love it. Very comfy to sit on, the cushions still have their same shape and it really doesn't even need "fluffing" up. We ended up buying a different lounge for the other room and I'm regretting it. Should have saved the difference and just bought another Karlstad. The washable covers are a bit of a pain to get off so I wouldn't be washing them every week but with kids it's great to know you CAN wash them. Some covers do say dry clean only though so check which one you're getting.

Themar2 posts

melbapartment123
melbapartment123AU

Sensible living room sofa

This is a practical down to earth sofa that's also very comfortable. Assembly is really easy, and the firmness hits the sweet spot for me. The seat back might be slightly too far from the edge for shorter customers, but for me it's perfect. Not as versatile as its sofa bed sister but personally I don't want heavy and dodgy moving parts in my sofa that will probably start squeaking in a few months. A nice, modern look as well. A sensible no nonsense sofa that's reasonably priced.
Reasonably priced, comfortable
Heidi551
Heidi551AU8 posts

Cheap but not nasty

Got the 2 seater Karlstad with Chaise longue in lovely blue/beige flower fabric pictured. Apart from the pain of assembly (and putting on the velcro covers) it's a great sturdy couch and fabric is tough enough to cope with our 2 young sons. The cushions are very firm which I like and seat depth good for the tall people in our family. Only had it a few months but very happy with it and think we will have it for a long time!
inexpensive, hardwearing and sturdy
assembly/putting on the velcro covers
maxsmumma