Ikea Poang Armchair

See the Best Chairs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love this chair and footstool!

I have found this to be a great chair /footstool combo - really comfy and supportive. I use it all the time to watch tv, use my laptop, read etc. I actually bought it when i hurt my back and couldnt sit on my couches at all - have had it 3 months or so now and my back is fine but prefer to sit on it as my back feels better than if i sit on my couches too much.
No complaints at all - looks good and was pretty cheap too, compared with other furniture here in australia

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Broke within 2 weeks

The chair broke within 2 weeks in the back where it is assembled. The connection is not made correct. The chair does come with warranty of 10 Years!! You can't find many complaints about these chairs on the Canadian IKEA website due to not many Canadians buying IKEA products. If you go to the European IKEA websites there are many complaints about them. IKEA does not replace the item for me due to my mistake by getting rid of my receipt. My bank statement with the amount is not acceptable for them they told me. I explained that I assembled the chair sat on it for a week and with a 10 year warranty I should be ok. So I threw the receipt out, very disappointed about the service of IKEA...

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Everybody needs a Poang chair

Get a poang. The leather ones are cooler looking but the fabic model is more comfortable just make sure you get
the foot rest or you are not Poanging correctly.

Just Realized How Good This Is!

Until I developed a bulging disc in my back, I preferred our $1200 wing chair to our Poang. It took one night to change my mind; for sheer comfort, support and durability, our Poang is perfect. I sleep in it most nights now, it has saved me a lot of pain.

They are now made in China, so not so good.

We had them 12 years ago and we love them, with no problems at all, but they are now made in China and they tend to sink over time. We brought six of them two years ago and have had parts break, bolts have broken and they sagged to where they were no longer comfortable, I would never buy another one again, BUT if you are a slight person then great, they will not sink as fast, and will be really comfortable for you..
However I would suggest that you get extra sponge to go in the seat as your tail bone can sit on the wood along the back. On the ones that we had, the Velcro at the back of the back cushion never matched with the Velcro on the chair so we had to pull it off so as it would not do damage to the back cushion...

Great chair

Really comfy chair. I also used it for breastfeeding and it was great, comfy, rocks a little and really easy to get out of. Breastfeeding days are over but we still use it and went and bought another. It's light, so easy to move around - we often pull them into our lounge room from the study when we need extra seating. Lots of choice of colours and patterns too, which is great.
Comfy, easy to get out of, lots of choice

Great Chair!

I also bought this chair as a feeding chair. It's super comfy, rocks a little, has a nice head rest and I love the print. Very happy with it. It comes flat packed so you need to set it up yourself but it's easy to work out. Looks great in our nursery. I would recommend getting the footstool as well.
the print

Breastfeeding chair

I got this chair and footstool as a nursery item. This chair is perfect for feeding baby in. Bought by my parents who found during their cleaning rounds that many clients had these in their nurserys. It took about three times to get used to the actual feeding part because I had been in an upright chair with an upturned bucket to rest my feet on. However this chair is a delight. It is so comfortable. I've spent a few nights asleep in the chair with the baby because it was so relaxing.
Comfortable, great support, nice color
The cover is hard to get off to wash. Spot washing is easy however.

Great comfy affordable armchair

I love this chair. Have 2 of them in dansbo medium red. Tricky to assemble but very strong and firm, easy for an older person to get out of, unlike the older Ikea models (of which we have a few). Very good value for money, attractive and fit two of them in the back of the car easy.
inexpensive, bright quality fabric, elegant design
flat pack assembly - fairly tight

I have basic version & I love it

bought 2 of these chairs for the house & both of us love it.

IT wasn't that hard to assemble the chair as long as follow the instruction & sort out parts before hand.

the height just right & it's on the same level of the TV, which we have the best seat at home to watch movies or any TV programs. we even use that for the computer chair & the height is right too(save our money to buy the computer chair). i added a small cushion at the back for supporting to avoid back pain.

However, we didn't buy the foot rest when we got it & hubby start regret. we might just find something similar to match with it, coz the match foot rest is not that worth as we think.
easy to assemble, modern look
half of the price if you buy it in US ikea