L-Shape, J-Shape, U-Shape

IMOAdelaide

How do I love thee ... let me count the ways ...

disappointed

I looked forward to having a fully functioning tap. Unfortunately the concept appears flawed as the flow rate is dismal compared to my old hot/cold fawcett. The installer incorrectly plumbed it up so the only water that was filtered is the almost boiling part, and I have now been told that if I get that corrected the flow rate will further diminish. Had I know this aspect I would not have purchased one. As it is now, without the filter on the cold water, my flow rate has gone from 3.25 seconds per litre down to 8.4 seconds per litre. Filling the large sink to do dishes now takes ages.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliance Central for $1,850.00.

GWCmelbourne

The best part of my Kitchen Reno - I will never go back to a normal tap !!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Faucets / Tap Mixers

Find out how Insinkerator Multitap 3N1 compares to other Faucets / Tap Mixers

Eve G

Eve GMelbourne

Life Changing!

The Multitap3N1™ is super functional, stylishly designed and makes day to day life just that little bit easier by dispensing hot, steaming hot and cool water. It's super stylish and the perfect addition to your kitchen!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Can't live without it!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Jusdan78

Jusdan78Victoria

Design. Convenience. Perfecto!

I have had my Multitap for almost 12 months now and it's probably the most used 'appliance' if you can call it that in my kitchen... i use it for hot drinks (kettle has gone to charity), instant steaming water for washing up, boiling water on the cooktop is instant after filling up your pot from the Multitap, even blanching vegies works straight from the tap. Moving house sometime in the next 12 months and definitely taking it with me! LOVE IT!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Dana

DanaMelbourne

The best tap i've ever used

The Multitap is the most amazing tap to have in your home or office. The instant hot water will change the way you cook, no more waiting for water to boil. It's one of those things that once you have it, you can't live without it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Nash

Nashmelbourne

Amazing and oh so stylish

I could not be more obsessed with this tap. It is in constant use at Canvas House and both our guests and staff love it. The best thing is that it looks amazing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Can't live without this now!

The boiling hot water tap is extremely safe as you have to push then pull down at the same time. It also flows slower so it’s not something little kids could accidentally hurt themselves on. But it is boiling (so still be cautious). The convenience of steaming hot water in the one kitchen mixer tap that saves precious kitchen bench space (reducing need for kettle) is excellent in my eyes. The tap only needs a small space under the sink for the tank and filter. You can see the tank mounted very neatly under my sink.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Faucets / Tap Mixers

Find out how Insinkerator Multitap 3N1 compares to other Faucets / Tap Mixers

Clare

Clareasked

Multitap 3N1

I am finding it hard to get a clear answer about the flow rate out of the non-boiling water side of the tap. When I tried it in a store the flow was terrible - would take 5 or 10 mins to fill the sink to do the dishes. Is this remedied by excluding a filter to that side of the tap and/or adding a 'high flow rate filter'? or maybe people are not washing dishes in the sink at all so not bothered about the slow flow rate?

GWC

HI Clare - I have had one for 3 years now and still LOVE It.... and I am not on their payroll. ;-)

On the tap you will have regular cold water (I put mine through a fast flowing water filter), hot water and the boiler.

The hot water, as you would expect, has the same pressure you would normally get from a hot water tap. This is what use for filling the sink. Fills the sink in normal time.

The boiler is fast flowing when comparted to other instant boilers but would never be as fast as the hot water tap. I suspect it is designed purely for hot drinks and for that purpose, I LOVE IT. The flow is the same as if you were pouring it from a kettle. In that context - it will fill a mug in around 5 seconds (have not timed it but feels around that). I have no issues with the flow rate for that purpose.

I will use mine to rinse a fry pan of oils (as I want the extra heat to cut through) - and it is good for that. I would never use it for filling a sink. Consider a) it has the spring loaded handle (safety feature), so if you were to fill the sink - you would have to wait there and hold it down. b) it would be very dangerous to leave flowing boiling water and c) I cannot remember what the boiler capacity is but it may struggle (drain the boiler) to fill a sink anyway.

In short, if you are into hot drinks (even coffees - I use the boiler to pre-heat the cups for the expresso) GET THIS UNIT. Boiling water to fill a sink..... find another solution.

Hope this helps.

IMO

Hi Clare. I agree with GWC's comments. And I love my multitap too! I mostly use the dishwasher for washing up but on the occasions where I do want to wash up something manually, say a large pot or a few measuring spoons/cups, I run cold into the pot, dispense some boiling water into it and clean the pot like that. Alternatively I might wash a couple of things with a wet soapy sponge or cloth and run a small amount of boiling water over them to rinse/sanitise. Takes very little water. I find I never fill the sink with washing up water. My regular hot water takes ages to reach my kitchen from the supply point, anyway, so wastes litres and litres of water. The multitap has been a lifesaver. Hope the extra input helps.

Pauline S.asked

Multitap 3N1

Can this tap be used as the main sink tap in the kitchen or is it meant to only be a smaller tap to the side of the main tap?

Greg
Greg

Yep. It is your Hot, Cold and Boiling.... all in 1. Look great as well. Go to their web site - you can get a feel for how large it is. I have my cold tap connected to a fast flowing water filter -that cost extra but is also great. I put this unit in 3 years ago as part of a Kitchen reno. Have not had any problems and is still my favourite part of the reno... more than my free standing cooker !! Love this product.

Pauline S.

Thanks Greg! Did your plumber connect the fast flowing water filter during the reno or is it an option from Insinkerator?

Billie

It is our main tap, as Greg says. However beware as plumbers are not good at connecting the cold water to be filtered, they just don’t seem to do it as they should (3 different plumbers at 3 locations) plumber 1was called back to connect the filter, but we opted to leave ours without a filter as the flow was very much decreased from our old original fawcet. That was disappointing initially but I have learned to live with it. I love the boiling water tap after initial reservation/ opposition. The main issue we had 18months ago, was plumbers not knowing how to fit these. Just be onto them re the cold water filter, don’t assume they will understand how to fit it.

DiDasked

Multitap 3N1 J-Shape

Hi there,
I’d love to know how noisey the unit is when warming the water / if there’s a fan etc? Also what is the warranty and can any plumber do installation and maintenance or does it have to be someone registered with this product?
Thanks!

Billie

The unit is extremely quiet. It is inside a closed cupboard anyway but with no other noise happening you can just hear it quietly. Normal kettles are very loud by comparison, I hate being in the same room as a freestanding kettle heating up.

GWC

Agreed - cannot hear a think, Love this product - 3 years since I installed it, it is still my favourite part of my Kitchen reno. Better than the great looking stainless steel cooker I put in. This product I used multiple times a day.

DiD

Thanks Billie and GWC for your comments, that’s great to know!
I assume from the lack of negative feedback that it’s also been reliable?
Cheers :-)

See all Insinkerator Multitap 3N1 questions

Get an answer from our members and InSinkErator representatives