Insuranceline Funeral Insurance

Insuranceline Funeral Insurance

See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amy R.

Amy R.Sydney, NSW

Disgraceful

Claim MadeNo

pierre

pierreGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Funeral insurance rip off

I took a funeral policy in 2004 as a level policy.In july 2009 insurnce line converted my policy to a stepped policy increasing my premiums from $124.06 to $200,23 in february 2014.When I complained they converted my policy I am now paying $230.63 monthly for a benefit of $9000 for myself and my wife. Do not insure with insuranceline tal or tower they will rip you off if you do not pay they cancel all your benefits and you get nothing
Asic reported in 2004 on the extensive cancellation of premiums and did nothing to stop the rot I give them minus 10. Now afca has not done any better

Claim MadeNo

Funeral insurance

Paid within 48 hours , fast and easy . Was also sent flowers and a card. Only had the insurance for 15 months , opted for extra cover all recievd in full. Happy with my insurance

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Kristy P

Kristy PPerth, WA

Avoid at all costs.

Completely took my grandfather for a ride. Paid for over 15 years and they did nothing to help him. Service officer was extremely rude to me and him when we cancelled the poilcy. Do not use these thieves

RobertIllawarra, NSW

Lost money

I was a member for 7 years and changed my policy to a no increase premium.So it does not go up each year.BUT they started me a new policy and I lost all of the money I had put into the previous account. Also is it right that they cancel your policy after you turn 69.I had a friend who was 79 and they cancelled his policy because he had only been a member for 2 years and they said he was too old to be a member.

Gunther G

Gunther GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rapid payment with minimal fuss and documentation

Slightly overpriced but good service at the end when required made up for it. Checking others around and found close in comparison

Disgusting!

How dare they sending unrequested marketing emails to myself and my wife! Shut them down and hardcore regulate marketing! Advertise on TV, but stay away from emailing and letterboxes! Wish someone would sue all marketing companies for harassment!

Annie

AnnieCastlemaine

They took $450 out of my account without permission

Insuranceline are scammers! They took $450 out of my bank without my permission! That was money I was going to use over Christmas, the nab bank will not refund the money, this is crazy ! I have only ever agreed to a fortnight payment , this is outrageous!! Just before Christmas.

Amielc

AmielcSPringwood

Praying on Elderly

What our grandmother paid verse her claim payout was drastically different, she paid 3 times the amount of money she was entitled to upon death. Thought she was helping her family out. Disgraceful and immoral.

Insurance claim madeYes

Claim was easy and stress free

Lodging a claim with these guys after my mums passing was very quick easy and stress free very satisfied and highly recommended

Carolina

CarolinaMelbourne

Taking two payments instead of one since start of policy

Jason F.

Jason F.South East Queensland, QLD

I was treated with understanding and respect.

Although there was an issue between my father (who held the policy) and InsuranceLine my review will be focused on their claim handling.

After notifying InsuranceLine of my father's passing I was informed of the claim process and the required documents to substantiate the claim.

Once I was able to obtain a "Cause of Death" certificate I submitted it along with proof of ID (mine and my fathers) and they promptly processed the claim. I was treated with understanding and respect.

Allanp

AllanpAU

Making money out of the elderly

My mother since 2000 has had a policy and the amounts keep going up, when I calculated the amount she has paid and what the insurance will pay out upon death someone is making one hell of a lot of money. It would seem that these contracts lock in your money and if you cancel all is lost. I'll be taking this further.

Razzle

RazzleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Total Rip Offs

They are happy to take a pensioners money for 10+ years on the promise that the small premium will never increase but then advise they are going to decrease the insuranced amount by $10,000 & then raise the premium on top of that, & then as soon as you turn 69 they cancel the policy.
When questioned the response was 'its cancelled because of your age & now you need to shop around for a new policy"
They then expect you to continue paying the premium for the next four weeks for a policy they have advised will be cancelled
Disgusting !!!
Absolutes rip offs !!!
Check your policy thoroughly...

Insurance claim madeNo

They won't leave you alone

I called to make an enquiry about insurance and even though I said I wasn't interested I have been receiving 10 calls per day from them (and spoken to them 2-3 times per day). Never leave your number with them

Insurance claim madeNo

Cannot fault these guys. Paid promptly.

Both my mother and father had the funeral insurance with these guys. My mother passed away two years ago and they paid out promptly within a few days and my father passed away only last week and again within 48 hours it was paid out. Also received flowers and condolence card which was a nice surprise.Relieved the huge expenses burden of a funeral from our family in a time of need.

Ive been in with these guys for 4years now

LifeforLiving

LifeforLiving

Legalised Extortion

Reading these reviews and our own personal experience, is very upsetting. It is unrealistic for people to pay stepped premiums for over ten years and more for small amounts $5-7-10,000, when in effect you are paying up to double or triple the amount you are insured

Suzanna

Suzanna

Peace of mind for Mum, great service for us.

When my Mum was diagnosed with cancer, she was worried about paying for her funeral, of all things. So my husband and I took out funeral cover, to give her the peace of mind that at least THAT was taken care of. When the time came to make a claim, they were wonderful. They told us what we needed to do, followed up with an email, because, let's face it, who can keep their head straight during that time? They processed the claim as soon as they had the paperwork and the money was in the bank the next day. The nice touch, the thing I didn't expect from an insurance company - the beautiful bunch of flowers delivered to our door.
Thank you for making this awful time a little easier.

Rip off

Found out I’ve been paying since 2001 and I need to speak to someone as I found a glitch in there policy I’ve lost$7,000 as they said I cancelled but when you go to a higher amount they stop the one your on and as the guy on phone said it is not a bank so when you start new one you lose the money you’ve paid.

Marie C.

Marie C.asked

I paid my funeral plan for 9 years nowi want to cancel can I get my money back

Robert

Hi Marie.no way they will not refund you.but they will gladly cancel it and keep your money.l started a new policy recently so it would not increase every year.So l lost all the money l had put into my policy over the last 10 years.

Robertasked

I had a friend who was 79 and they cancelled his policy because he had only been a member for 2 years and they said he was too old to be a member and returned 3 payments to him.

Jenny W.

Jenny W.asked

How much is funeral insurance for someone who is 76?

Glynis
Glynis

At age 76 forget it. keep your money in your bank account. At least you will earn interest.

Get an answer from our members and Insuranceline representatives