4Ionmax ION90

73%13%13%

Carolyn Ayre
Carolyn Ayre

Great

Very good for very dry and windy days to help with allergies. Show reply
Ryan
RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Suitable as a humidifier but insufficient as a supersonic

It does the job for sure! But somehow, it has a noise u can't ignore. It is not the fan or the supersonic sound, it is the transformer, so whether you turn it on or off, as long as it is plugged in, the noise happens. It is suitable for day use, but I would not recommend it for night use.

Also it lack of a function that auto start, (it can auto stop but the noise is still there until u unplug the cord.

JJCM
JJCMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great performer for its time. Wished it had remote/smart home connectivity

Capable of keeping a room with the size stated on the product page at the level of humidity expected. Large capacity enough to last the whole night running at full, though it's rarely required to operate to that degree. Has a limited set of controls to set sensor and timer-based operation.

The only feature I'm missing is to have some degree of smart home integration. At the very least a way to make it turn on based on sensors. Show reply

Seth
Seth

Louder than most

Does everything as advertised, but louder than most.
You can zone the sound out if it's far away enough, but I wouldn't advise it for a smaller room both due to the noise / blue light you can't turn off.

Other than those 2 gripes I would say everything works well, definitely outputs a lot of moisture & will help if you get blood noses or like to blast your room with panel / fan heaters for long durations. I would also say it's easier to keep clean & seems cleaner than other humidifiers.

Asa Kobayashi
Asa Kobayashi

It works

Very useful! Thank you so much!
Levi Hauwert
Levi Hauwert

Too loud and too bright

I bought it for the bedroom and it’s not really possible as it’s very bright and also loud.
Bit disappointing for the price
Amy
AmyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Great humidifier

Works well on my IONMax 90 Humidifier
Chris S
Chris S

It's good but had no stock for a long time

Had to wait nearly 5 months before I could get any replacement parts which was quite annoying as I had just gotten a new born at the time and we live in very cold environment. Only reason why I'm giving 4 stars is because the staff kept me up to date of when the product was available to purchase. Down side, there was no alternative product so I had to use the old filter which you could tell was dying.
Penelope Perez
Penelope Perez
L. Atkinson
L. Atkinson

Great price. Great service

Great to be able to get replacement filters at a good price with great service. Highly recommended.
Janabelle61 posts

Em
EmMelbourne11 posts

Helped us in our sleep and dry skin

I have been suffering from allergies including very dry eyes and throat and good thing i have this ion90 and it has been a great help..Living on a mountain, the air is very dry but noticed the change when we use this humidifier. My husband as well noticed the difference in his sleep pattern when we used this , can really recommend this one.

September 9th 2016 Update: The light is tolerable and noise is just enough

For me the light is tolerable, just enough, as well as the noise, if you can tolerate the noise in your laptop fan, its just the same.. with the light.i just put it in one corner of my room that doesn't go directly to my eyes :) So basically can still recommend this humidifier unlike with other units

susan
susan

too noisy and too bright

It was nice to be able to set the humidity level for whole night, but not quite if it's too noisy too bright to sleep with it!

If there's any way to turn the light off and get the noise level down, I would love it even more...

alexbk66
alexbk66Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Noisy

I found it a bit too noisy for the bedroom, waked up at night with a headache, switched it off...

I'm not sure if it's a design problem or faulty unit.

Also lights are too bright, even in Sleep mode.

But I do like the ability to set the desired humidity and lots of options.
High tech with a lot of options, humidity sensor.
Too noisy for the bedroom, Lights too bright even in Sleep mode

Ricard02
Ricard02AU2 posts

A really good product

Had sinus problems and in one nights use it was cleared. Has plenty of features and different modes for baby, common cold and allergies it is also easy to use. It has a baby mode wihich I found useful and it makes a good night light in my childs room. I would reccommend this humidifier to others.
There is a sensor that tells you the current humidity
Nothing as yet. There is a long if I want another one for another room I have to wait 6 weeks. Having to change the filter every 3 months Show reply

Penegeau

Everyone here has stated how loud the unit is. But like, what is loud? Can anyone liken the sound to another appliance to help me guage the noise level? Is it a low drum of a sound or high pitched white noise type? (Deep noises i love but higher pitches i can't stand lol) is it as loud as a hair dryer on full blast? A vacume? A dishwasher or something?
Thanks!

Janabelle

Hope i can put your mind at ease. I would describe it as a low, almost calming whirring noise, definitely not annoying in any way. It is not high pitched at all. It certainly isn't going to keep you awake at night. I find it quite soothing.

Penegeau

Awesome, thanks so much, thats very helpful. I was really concerned it was SUPER loud lolol. Thank youuu!

Ionmax
Ionmax   DM
adamlord
adamlord

I'm having trouble setting the auto mode to a higher humidity level. It reverts to 50% when I try to set it to 65% does anyone have any suggestions?

Lyn Ooth

I am trying to fit a new IONMaxn 90 filter ... and the new filter has a removable cap.
Do I remove the cap to use it or just loosen it?
thanks.

Janabelle

The old filter just screws out and the new one one screws in.

Lyn Ooth

Thanks Janabelle! The filter has been updated in style with a removable cap.. and instruction not to lose the cap.
I am wondering if the cap should be removed when in use.

CategoryHumidifiers