Medescan Rainbow Mist

Medescan Rainbow Mist

Nice light but not humidifier!

I bought this humidifier about 3 weeks ago from chemist. It was working fine for couple of days but suddenly starts to show red light. I checked everything working fine for few minutes and then keep showing red light and stop working. My baby was so ill and I couldn’t use it! I contact with the chemist and they said bring it back to us and we can have a look! Still haven’t had time to do that, such a waste of time and money!

Purchased in August 2019.

Works great but poor design

i find this unit works really well putting humidity in the air that is dried out from me having my heater on so much in the cold Melbourne winter. i suffer from sinus problems & this has definitely helped since the air coming out of it is purified by the filter too. The option of using the multi colored night light is also very cool.

But it does have some cons. One is the design in the way of filling the unit with water. It involves pulling off the top of the unit & tipping it upside down to remove the tank. But since it is a dome shape at the top which cannot be adjusted, it is not possible to set the tank down on a flat surface to then fill up with water. So i have to hold the tank with one hand/arm & then put the water in with the other, which is quite cumbersome to do since it starts to get heavier as you fill it too.

The other thing lacking in this unit is an auto shut off function, so one has to be careful not to forget & leave it on all night only to find the water tank is empty but it is still turned on the next day. So for these 2 design flaws i must deduct one star for this review. Hopefully the company might address these issues in a redesign of this otherwise great product.

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $59.95.

Hi Pizzalover, Thank you for your review. Firstly we are very happy to hear that the Rainbow Mist has helped ease your sinus complaint and works very well for you. Regarding the auto-shutoff feature, I would like to assure you that the Rainbow Mist humidifier is equipped with this feature and once the water runs out, will automatically turn off the oscillator and Red LED indicator light on the front illuminates. Please note, the auto-shutoff does not turn off the light, only the humidifier function. If you wish to discuss any of these points further, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300736330. Best Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

excellent customer service

I have two rainbow cool mist humidifiers and they have been great. Unfortunately, one started to make a bit of a funny sound and when I contacted customer support, they were amazing and told me they would send out a replacement base right away! I rely on these humidifiers when my sons are sick so getting a quick replacement is amazing! Thanks Medescan!

Purchased for $49.00.

It leaks

I bought this a month ago. I researched before buying and it seemed to have good reviews, was I wrong. I didn’t like how you fill it up firstly but it seemed to work ok. So a few nights pass and I go to turn it up and water has leaked all over the dresser and gotten into the wood. I can’t believe it. So dangerous. I’m returning it today. I’m so disappointed

Purchased in July 2019 at Blooms pharmacy for $69.00.

Hi Angela, We are sorry to hear about your experience. From your description, it seems the Rainbow Mist had no leaking issues at the start. The leaks develop if the water tank breaks or if any oils other than the Medescan Special Blend were added to the water tank. Please contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330 and I am sure we will be able to find a suitable solution. Best Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Fantastic customer service

Thank you so much for my recent dealings with your company due to a faulty part. The customer service was fantastic & would recommend Medescan to anyone - happy customer again & again

Excellent product providing instant relief.

My husband had very bad sinus infection and could not breath because of blockage and swelling of the head and had not slept in three days. I purchased the Medescan Rainbow Mist and when we set it up he was breathing easier within 1 hour of setting it up and running it. It was very easy to set up, is portable and has cool steam coming out so very safe for children and adults. The tank has ample room to store water and we run the unit continuously for 12 hours and it still had water left in the tank. It has an automatic cut off safety if the unit runs out of water. It has different light settings so you turn on the light and use it as a light source during the night and it lets you see how much water is left in the tank. It has multiple settings for the diffusion of cool steam out of the spout and flow can be adjusted. The only little concern with it was because it puts out cool air my husband was very cold that first night so we brought an electric blanket and that enabled him to have an uninterrupted good nights sleep and that is the reason I gave it four stars. I would thoroughly recommend this product as it is made with good quality materials, reasonably priced and easy to assemble and operate with safety features.

Purchased in August 2019 at Discount Drug Store, 128 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg. for $69.99.

Hi, thank you for your review and we truly appreciate the feedback. We are very glad to hear that the Rainbow Mist has helped hubby's sinus problem. I would like to make a suggestion regarding the cool air mist and hopefully give you 5 star satisfaction. You can get the benefit from the Rainbow Mist humidifier even if it is not directly next to the patient. Simply place somewhere in the room, away from the patient and simply turn on. This way, you achieve the benefit without the cooling effect. For any other queries, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

My daughter loves her night light and it also helps with her breathing during flu seasons

Had a replacement for the filter, i threw away the important part of the filter the screw in cap. I rang to see if i could order a new one, friendly staff was very helpful once again. To my amazement i was offered a new part free of charge. Thnx Medescan. One happy customer

Purchased in May 2016 at Wynyard chemist for $100.00.

Thank you Sonia, Glad to help. Best Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

What a fantastic product!

What a fantastic product! I’ve had my unit for over 2 years now and works a treat for both my kids. It also works across a large area, which is really useful.

I had a technical issue with the unit today and even though it is out of warranty, Michael helped me straight away. Thank you Michael!

Hi Maria, we hope you continue to enjoy for many years to come. Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Perfect for my new business room - Ifixit maryborough

Awesome product medescan!

Dottera oils and this on the high setting makes my business room smell so amazing!

Have had clients already comment on how peaceful and relaxing it is when they enter

Purchased in July 2019.

Thank you for the great review and photo. We hope you keep enjoying for many years to come. Quick note, please always put the Dottera oils in the dedicated aroma tray and not directly into the water tank. Thank you once again and enjoy. Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Best Humidifier for baby

The humidifier was bought for our new born baby six months ago. Overall great unit and safe for small children. However it takes some effort to keep it clean and maintained, as of maintenance of any sort of water holding tank. It's has been a real little workhorse and our unit's LED light broke and the customer service honored their 2-year replacement warranty and replaced the faulty unit very quickly.

Purchased in December 2018.

Thank you Ari, we are very glad you continue to enjoy our Rainbow Mist Humidifier. For cleaning, please add a teaspoonful of white vinegar into the water tank with some warm water and swirl around. Please rinse out the water tank thoroughly and allow to dry before storage. Please repeat cleaning daily or every second day if continuous use. Thank you Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

NOT JUST AN OUTSTANDING PRODUCT (RAINBOW MIST) but OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE

I don't usually do reviews and when i do it's usually very negative, but in this case I just had to do a review because not only is the Mist a very effective, easy-to-use, easy to clean, reliable and worth the money, but what made me really to do this review, is when I had some trouble with the filter cap, I made contact with the company via their customer email, got Michael from the Customer Service Team, who fixed the problem for me and in addition sent me a new part (cap) free of charge given the Mist was out of warranty. I told Michael I was happy to pay, but he insisted that a happy customer in most instances is better than having too charge. Now that it what Customer Service is all about, many many companies out there can take a lesson from Michael and his team. Its this type of backup service experience I had makes me purchasing other products from this company. Thank you once again Michael.....regards Phil Abernethy

Purchased in August 2017 for $95.00.

WOW Phil, we really thank you for recognising our team's efforts to provide not only good products but also great service. I will be sure to forward your comments to Michael. Thank you once again. Best Regards Medescan Online Customer Service Team 1300 736 330

Cannot clean properly

This works fine but its design means you can’t take it apart to clean inside the water tank where the mold or slime grows. Also too many small spaces in the design that can also not be reached to clean and quickly discolour. I’m now too worried about spreading mold to use it.

Purchased in November 2018.

Doesn't work after 10 times of use

i've only used it for less than 10 times since i bought it about a year ago, now it isn't working anymore. it did work and it did help my daughter breath better at night when she was sick, but the durability of this product is very bad (i clean and dry it after use every single time). won't recommend!!!!

Purchased in February 2018.

Lasted just enough time to run out of warranty

Ours stopped producing mist after 2 years. It was great while it lasted. We used almost daily for the first year then stopped using the most function for a while before it stopped producing mist. My daughter still uses as night light. I was so disappointed when it stopped working.

Purchased in June 2016 for $50.00.

Fantastic diffuser

This is an awesome diffuser, easy to clean and the oil that you use is beautiful. After 8 months I noticed a crack in the base, email the company and they responded straight way and hope to resolve this issue. It looks amazing on my bench and attracts attention from every one who visits

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Karen, We are very glad to know you are enjoying the Rainbow Mist humidifier. I am sorry to hear of the broken base and I am sure our customer service team will be more than happy to help you during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best Regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Great product, great service

My Medescan humidifier stopped producing a mist after 2 months. I contacted Medescan and they sent me a replacement base with no fuss. This new base works perfectly and I now sleep better again. This is a very good product which I have no hesitation in recommending. Particularly good is the lavender and eucalyptus oil blend which you put in the tank water.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thank you for the review Maggie, We hope you continue to enjoy the Rainbow Mist Humidifier for many years to come. Best regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Excellent product

I have been using this for few months and absolutely loving it. I used to have stuffy nose while sleeping but this medescan rainbow mist humidifier has helped me with my breathing. I now have wonderful sleep at night. Fantastic product, i will highly recommend this to everyone. Great value for money.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
We truly thank you for your great review and we hope you continue to enjoy the Medescan Rainbow Mist for many years to come. If you ever need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best Regards Sylvia Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

I love this!!

I initially bought this for my daughter when she had a bad flu earlier in the year. Now I sleep with it beside my bed every night because I absolutely love the cool vapour. It helps prevent my skin, throat and sinuses from drying out through this awful, dry winter.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi, thank you for the great review. We are very pleased to hear you are enjoying our Rainbow Mist Humidifier. You can certainly enjoy the Rainbow Mist all year round. It not only helps with relieving congestion but it is also perfect to help reduce dryness of skin throat and sinuses as you have found out. Also, the Rainbow Mist is perfect for helping in the allergy season. The mist produced is ionised and helps to reduce allergens in the air. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best Regards Sylvia Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

I think I got a dodge

Was so excited to use my new defused until after 3 uses it decided to leak and I couldn’t figure out what was going on ! ! ! So annoying for myself as I was setting it up for my partner as he was sick and also has bad asthma.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Ally, sorry to hear of your experience. I am glad to tell you that generally speaking, this issue can be easily fixed by reducing flow . When the Rainbow Mist is used on high flow setting in a small area, the air becomes saturated and it seems like it's leaking. Another reason could be actual physical damage to the water tank which our customer service team can also help you with. Please contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330 and they will be more than happy to help you solve this issue. We would love to hear back from you. Best Regards Sylvia Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Perfect gift

I gift the humidifier to two of my friends, one who has asthma and one who just had a baby. Both of them completely loved it and expressed appreciation as it was the best thing for the health of the baby and the asthma. Best money I have spent, especially when you don’t know what to gift someone it’s something that’s both practical & effective.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Nikki, thank you for the great review. We absolutely agree with you. The Medescan Rainbow Mist humidifier is a fantastic gift idea. If you need any help, or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best Regards Sylvia Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Hi, I no longer have steam coming out of my humidifier. Does that matter and how can I fix it.

I have been using my humidifier for several weeks now and I've noticed brown stuff sitting in the water bowl. What causes this? Is it safe to breathe in the mist if this is present?
We have been using the Medescan for two weeks now and have not had this problem. I use only filtered water only and I use a clean cloth to wipe the unit over each time I refill it and then I boil my water and let it cool before adding to the humidifier. I would suggest contacting the company that makes the unit and ask them.Hi Kim, we recommend regular cleaning of the Rainbow Mist. Once a day or every second day, we recommend you clean the water tank and wipe down the base. To clean, simply add a teaspoonful of white vinegar to the water tank with some luke warm water and swirl to disinfect and clean the water tank. Empty the water tank and rinse thouroughly. Allow o air dry if not to be used immediatley. Simply wipe the base. The brown build up in the water tank can also be a result of high mineral content of your local water supply, To avoid mineral build up in the water tank, we recommend the use of distilled water. Please note that the use of oil directly into the water tank may cause damage and build up of brown substance in the water tank. The only oil permitted for use in the water tank is the Medescan Special Blend oil. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team during regular business hours on 1300 736 330. Best regards Medescan Online customer service team 1300 736 330

Can a Vick’s based inhalant be used in this humidifier’s water tank or on the side thing for oils?