IRoad X9
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by IRoad

• Readable Number PlatesYes (6) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Narelle S.
Narelle S.Sydney, NSW

Great product and easy to use!

Product was recommended by car dealer and installed in May 2021 as added security measure. So far the product is easy to use through the mobile phone app. Has a feature whereby the camera turns on to record if car is parked and someone runs into it. Camera itself is very small and discreet and features appear to be of good quality.

Purchased in May 2021 at Mazda Dealers.

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thanks for the feedback Narelle! Glad you're happy with the X9 in your new car.

GregIllawarra, NSW

Problematic

Purchased from Frankies Auto Electrics 24/5/21. ($699.00) Since installation the IRoad's 'Advanced Driver Assistance System' has been very problematic. IRoad's customer service and Frankies suggestion was to turn the feature off. I don't find that solution very palatable given I paid a premium price for what I thought was a premium product. The X9 does not do what I was told it would do. Today I downloaded footage from the IRoad sim card to my computer only to find the recorded audio cuts in and out continually. Not sure what thats about. Needless to say I'm fairly disappointed.

Features / Functions
Night-Time Video Quality

Other Dash Cams

PK S
PK SSydney, NSW

Great product and great service!

Great product, great service! contacted iroad team for issue on q9, sent new unit next day! Did not charge $100 either. Irene from the team was very helpful! A++ service

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thanks PK. We appreciate the feedback.

Dash Cams

Find out how IRoad X9 compares to other Dash Cams

Lesl
LeslIllawarra, NSW

Great customer service

Clear recordings and so far seems a good product - a bit early to be too specific as have only had a short time. I had a problem a month after purchase and despite being away from home at the time, arrangements were made to rectify without any drama - excellent after sales customer service by iroad.

Purchased in April 2021 at Frankies Auto Electrics & Car Audio Physical store.

Ramses
Ramses

Upgraded from X9 to X10 -- X10 Video Quality is Great

I had the iRoad X9 dash cam installed by Mercedes. I wasn't really happy with the video quality of that unit, and I wrote a harsh review here. I had the unit replaced with a new X9, and this was marginally better. Matt (from IRoad) and Mercedes allowed me to upgrade to the X10 (which is a 4K version), and I just paid the difference in price. I checked the videos in daylight, and the video quality of this unit is absolutely awesome.

I was also impressed with the support I got from Matt (at IRoad) and from Eileen (at Mercedes Parramatta). They went out of their way to ensure I am totally happy with my dash cam.

Purchased in August 2020.

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thanks Ramses for the great feedback and continued support.

Best customer service

Best customer service (thanks Irene) who provided me a solution to my problem promptly. By providing a mount for rear camera with heat resistant tape attached made it easy to apply to back window. Good job! The iroad X9 was worth every penny! Excellent quality of recorded footage. Recommend without hesitation.

Purchased in August 2020 at Frankies Auto Electrics & Car Audio.

Paris
Paris

Recommend without any hesitation.

Thanks Paris

Suzie
SuzieSydney, NSW

Product review & customer service review

The product is so easy to use. The footage is very clear . The connectivity is great and the APP is very easy to navigate . I’d also like acknowledge the outstanding customer service I received from a technical support agent by the name of John.
John done a fantastic job In not only solving my technical issue but also took the time to go through and double check every aspect of the camera settings with me .
His kind, helpful nature and outstanding customer service deserves recognition.
You defiantly are an asset to this company .
I highly recommend this product .
Overall IROAD has been a pleasure to deal with and their products are amazing .

~ Suzie .

Ally
AllySydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Product and Service

Great Product and awesome company to deal with
Highly recommended, Customer service was great. the camera is easy to use and to connect to your phone, picture is clear front and rear camera view

Purchased in June 2018 at Holden Dealers for $916.00.

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Hi Ally thanks so much for your review and wonderful feedback. We are absolutely thrilled you are happy with your X9. If you need any help moving forward please give us a call on 1300818622.
Take care,
Holly @ IROAD

Other Dash Cams

Garth
GarthIllawarra, NSW

Awesome dash cam

The iroad x9 is an awesome dashcam . The style is small , compacted and stylish and doesn’t stand out which I love . Is easy to use with the iPhone app and the footage is clear . Would def recommend to fellow road users

Purchased in October 2018 at Connected visual audio .

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thank you for the great feedback Garth! We love that you are so happy with your IROAD Dash Camera.

Dash Cams

Find out how IRoad X9 compares to other Dash Cams

Ticks all the boxes.

Had this camera fitted to my car recently. Its a 2 channel front and rear camera and it really is quality. It has a ARM Cortex-A7 MP Core Processor and front and rear Sony Image Sensors. It has 150 wide angle, wifi, night vision, memory recovery system, parking recording and voice guidance and external GPS antenna. Easy to use and great images. Well worth the money.

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thank you for the great feedback JCEE! We love that you are so happy with your IROAD Dash Camera.

Geoff
GeoffIpswich

Excellent Dash cam

Very impressed with this dash cam. It’s stylish in design and easy to use. A few days after having it installed i encountered a driver who was weaving in and out of traffic and driving erratically. I was able to view the footage from my camera on my mobile phone very easily and capture details including the number plate. The app is easy to use and the recordings are very clear.
Overall I am happy, it’s a great little dash cam with lots of cool features.

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Thank you for the great feedback Geoff! We love that you are so happy with your IROAD Dash Camera.

Wayne Bellasked
X9

Does the light running across the front of the camera turn off after car is parked and ignition turned off. Worried about car’s battery going flat

Hi Wayne,
The light across the front is to advise people, and yourself, the camera is active. It will turn off when the camera shuts down at the voltage or time as set in the IROAD app.
Alternatively, you can turn off the light via the settings in the IROAD app.

kysay
kysayasked
X9

Recently had a iRoad X9 installed in car. I can see the system has been set to reboot at 3am everyday. After the reboot when I connect via wifi I don't have any previous days footage. Is this meant to happen? What happens if I switch this off and is there a way like the BlackVue where footage can be saved to the cloud?

Bec
Becasked
X9

Hi just recently had the x9 installed .. just wondering is there ment to be sound in the recordings... when watching events via phone there is no audio..
thanks Bec

IROAD AustraliaIRoad

Yes there is, as long as the audio is turned on in the camera settings (set up), it will play back through the video.
If you need further help or information, please don't hesitate to call us on 1300 818 622.

Get an answer from our members and IRoad representatives

IRoad X9

Compare all 4 IRoad X9
CategoryDash CamsDash CamsDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $669.00$699.00$829.00$879.00
Viewing Angle 150°150°150°150°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)
Channels 2222
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Forward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Forward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Forward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), Forward Collision Warning, GPS, Lane Departure Warning, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD cardMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare all 4 IRoad X9