Street Guardian SG9665GC

Street Guardian SG9665GC

Good quality unit

Tried a couple of cheaper cams, both which broke within months. Tried a mid level cam,($199) but returned it within a week, as it kept failing, and freezing. Brought the Street Guardian in Nov 2017, and have had no problems whatsoever.Good quality video, and although,luckily I have not had any incidents that require me to need it, I feel safer with it, and confident that it will work if needed in the future. Recommend it to everyone.Most cams in Australia, can't cope with the heat you get inside a parked car, but this unit handles it well.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bought and used since October 2017 - Great, just some really minor flaws

Pros - Great recording and video quality. Manual settings if need be. Registrator Viewer for managing, viewing and editing in your PC. CPL filter to reduce reflections. Automatically saves emergency videos in a different folder.
Cons - a little need to familiarise with buttons such as back, ok, page up/down as its not labelled. Will help if user manual is read first. Full user manual needs to downloaded/printed. Slot for SD card is a little tricky spot. Had to install on the right side of rearview mirror as had no space on the other side. Problem is, slot is on the left which gives little room to take out/put in card. Be careful taking card out as it pops out and being so tiny it could fall into cracks. Adhesion to glass is fine but adhesive for DVR/camera comes loose when its a hot day. Recommend to do install in shade like in a garage. Other thing that could help is the optional cable cover provided as it holds the cables attached to the DVR. 1-5 secs video overlap even after setting 1000 milliseconds at Registrator Viewer.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great Dash cam

I am extremely Happy with my dash cam, so good I purchased one for my grandson.
The after sales service is second to none.
I had cause to ring and ask for some help and advice and was very surprised to receive a reply with in minutes. I would recommend this dash cam to anyone

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great Dash Cam.

I wanted a dash cam that was reliable, small, has great picture quality and has good backup support from the manufacturer. This camera has it all. I had a question to ask about the cam on the dashcam talk website, and within minutes it was answered. The picture is clear, day and night and the video can be viewed on registrator viewer that also has gps tracking and so much more. I was impressed with the cam, so I purchased one for my other car.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good quality unit

Bought this after suffering a cheap dashcam my wife bought for me from aldi.
Chalk and cheese!. The SG9665GC is absolutely miles ahead ..immediately obvious by the video quality especially at night time and going in and out of tunnels. The old unit would flare and washout and take ages to adjust to the changing light.
The compact wedge shape makes it easy to conceal beside the rear vision mirror. Even passengers are lucky to see it as it sits behind the right hand side of the mirror.
Screen is very small and writing is hard to read for my old eyes but it suffices for the rare times you need to use it.
Very happy with my purchase. Well worth the extra money to get a quality unit.
Easy to install as camera is small and it comes with plenty of goodies in the box like spare mounting sticky pads, carry bag, combined USB adapter with card reader...
Beware that other brands use a similar shaped housing but the internals are different

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Perfect

What a great little camera!! Works perfectly. The Customer Service is also top knotch which is rare these days! Very happy customer right here. Thanks for making an affordable device that works to a tee!

Street Guardian SG9665GC V2

Compared to my old ITB100 HD this dash cam is streets ahead (pun unintended).
The dash cam comes with everything you need to mount it tool & clips included, you have to download Registrator Viewer from the Street Guardian website to view the video's and see your speed - map & GPS data.

Pros: Small & discreet camera.
Excellent video.
Support is 2nd to none

Cons: Micro SD Card - hard to handle for people with big fingers, easily lost inside the car.
Small print on screen - hard to read for me (elderly) with glasses.

March 18th 2019 Update: Reliable Dashcam

I bought this Dash Cam 3 years ago and it is still working as good as the day I bought it.
Like all or most Dash Cam's, the weakest link is the Micro SD Card's, they have been known to stop working without warning.
So as to warning to all Dash Cam users - check that your Dash Cam is working on a regular basis i.e. at least once a week, otherwise it may just let you down when you need it the most.

Purchased in April 2016 at Strathfield Car Radios Online store.

Strathfield Car Radios has this DashCam for $225.00 at the moment, it is worth every cent. This DashCam can also utilize the Transcend 128GB Micro SD Card if you want to increase your storage space before files are overwritten. http://www.strathfieldcarradios.com.au/street-guardian-sg9665gc-v2-in-car-dvr/

After waiting patiently for several months while extensive testing was completed on the new improved Street Guardian SG9665GC dash cam, it was certainly worth the wait. Unfortunately in SA only Autobarn at Prospect, Gilles Plains and Mt Barker are the only stockists to date.

I wont bother listing all its components here as they are available online, but its one of the smallest dash cams, available with capacitor, and easily concealed behind the rear view mirror. It comes with a separate GPS, cables and clips, 32Gb micro SD card and card reader etc for viewing on registratorviewer.com.

I'm tipping this will be a popular seller and can be DIY installed in minutes once you have decided where to conceal the cables.

Any questions one has will be answered in the Street Guardian forum at Dash Cam Talk or on Whirlpool Automotive forum

For version 3 which is the better power pack to use for park mode, magic pro 2/3 or viccation power pack ?
I don't have a power pack fitted to my V2, I just use the cigarette lighter. May I suggest you ask the question on the Dashcam Talk Forum where there a number knowledgeable people, especially "jokiin" or read through this Thread on that Forum https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9665gc-anyone-hardwire.10665/ .

I have this dash cam and very inexperienced. I find the user guide a little difficult and I do not know how to remove the SD card. Nothing in the instructions on how. Can anyone help? Thanks
Hello Shirley, use a fingernail or a narrow blunt object to push the card in a fraction, then release it, it should "pop" out a little bit so that you can then get a hold on it and remove it. Let me know how you get on.I just push my finger nail into it and it pops out.Thank you Subyroo, I did manage to finally get it out. I now have a different problem. I looked at all the movies my dashcam took but they were all from today, every three minutes a new movie. The problem is that my car was parked in my garage all day yet the dashcam continued to take movies all day long. I was of the belief that the dashcam turns off shortly after the car is off. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you

Similar listings