Jaycar Wireless 2.4GHz Reversing Cameras and LCD Monitor Kit

Jaycar Wireless 2.4GHz Reversing Cameras and LCD Monitor Kit

See the Best Reversing Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jaycar? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
Tony D.
Tony D.

Worked Before!

Bought my Jayco Poptop with Response camera already installed. The seller advised me that the reversing camera was a great help when reversing the van and also for gauging banked up traffic behind the van during road travel.
I have not been able to sync the camera with the monitor since I've had it, neither has an Auto Electrician - or the original owner.
I am very disappointed with this product!

QM 3856

One year old and stopped working. Towing a caravan and bought it to see vehicles behind me. Not happy. Not a cheap unit either. The main screen is working but the camera isn't syncing with display unit.

Purchased in May 2019 for $250.00.

SirajulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish Product

Totally worthless product ever bought in my life. Less than one year old, does not work anymore. Jay Car refused to replace it because it is now discontinued. What should do I now? To take it away from the car, have to pay money to the mechanic.

Purchased in February 2020 for $320.00.

Response QM 3852

Terrible, stopped working after 12 months. Also a pain to install.
Looks like the camera maybe the problem.
hard to believe that Jaycar don't know this thing is a dud.

Purchased in June 2017 for $99.00.

Reversing Cameras

Find out how Jaycar Wireless 2.4GHz Reversing Cameras and LCD Monitor Kit compares to other Reversing Cameras

THE BIGGEST PIECE OF RUBBISH

Julie G
Julie GAU

Waste of time

Bought this 2 camera wireless system for my horse float. Worked ok for a year then it had to be paired again as the rear cam stopped working. Both cameras worked again for a while then the rear cam became intermittent. I'm over it. Now neither cam will pair. Not really fit for purpose.

tom.redcama
tom.redcamaAlbany, Western Australia

Review Camera kit for Large Caravan

I have used this Long Range Jaycar reversing camera kit for 15,000km over 12 months.
It has worked very well over rough gravel roads, and on the highway.
Display could be better but it has done what I want, even at night.
I do remove it when stationary so it has not been subjected to weather 24/7.
Works better than my previously hard wired camera and display.
I would definitely replace with another one.

Waste of money

We were told that it would work on our bus after many visits to Jaycar and auto electrician it is a no go. It has cost so much would never recommend it. This is no good the camera keeps flashing on and off even when the bus is still. The only place it works is through the water view tunnel.

GavinPerth, WA

Stopped working after 12 months

Installation on an Hyundai IX35 relatively easy. Was never the best as it often picked up other cameras and flickered from its own camera. Stopped working after 12 months (just out of warranty) - believe it is the transmitter (as per other reviews). Screen still has power.
Believe hard wired is the way to go.

Waste of money

Installed on back of camper trailer and despite trying different locations and the relatively short transmitting distance, it was useless. In fact it was dangerous with the intermittent flickering on and off of the screen as the signal strength vatied. Changing light conditions rendered it unseeable in simple reversing operation.

Impossible to use because of noise bars flickering across screen.

When installed in a car to a caravan, the wireless reception by the car display from the van camera transmitter is so weak the static or noise bars flickering around the display make it useless. I took the display into the caravan and plugged it into a 12v van socket, and the display was OK at a distance of 2 meters, step outside the door of the van and it was very bay reception.

Dud

Had a auto electrician install this unit on car and caravan . Found car camera just acceptable still with interference but no or very poor reception from caravan mounted camera with screen very hard to see , they tried adjusting aerial position and no good . I am having a cable linked camera's installed , it just doesn't do the job advertised [80m range?] and it's going to cost me a fortune in labour .

DGK
DGKMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

QM3852 camera kit and second camera QM3854 wireless

Camera from rear of vehicle works fine. Unfortunately the camera mounted on the back of caravan is a complete dud. After numerous attempts to get it to work made a phone call to the importer and was told that the caravan is interferring with the signal and it will never work so after spending $254 for camera kit and then paying for installation we have something that half works offered refund but nothing towards installation. Very disappointed.

Pete H
Pete H

Do not buy

Have had multiple problems. Transmitter failures x 2. Replaced on warranty. Now out of warranty and another transmitter failed. Replaced at my expense. Then the monitor failed. Replaced at my expense. Now this monitor has failed after 2 months and I find out it is now obsolete. I'm so annoyed.

Works very well if you find the right position.