3.7

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in April 2020 for A$7.42.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Dyed Hair Colour Completely different colour
Longevity Less than a day
Side effects Yes

Fantastic results

Purchased in September 2019 at Semichem for A$4.99.

Prior Hair Colour Brown
Dyed Hair Colour As advertised
Dolores S.

Dolores S.Hunter Region, NSW

Really worked so well

Purchased in June 2019 at Priceline for A$29.99.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Dyed Hair Colour Lighter shade
Longevity 1-3 months

Kylie K.

Kylie K.

Was okay but even max strength cant remove oldish hair colour...

It smelled gross but I didn't really mind, it sorta hurt but thats natural since it's made of chemicals.
It did get rid of some of the old colour nearf the roots and the buffer smelled really nice, if you've just made a hair colour mistake this would be very good for removing.
Also I had many blonde streaks with green blue colour on them.
And it costed about 12$?

Purchased in April 2019 at pricelines for A$12.00.

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Purchased in April 2019.

Prior Hair Colour Black
Dyed Hair Colour Dye had no effect
Carpi

CarpiPerth, WA

Very gentle on hair

The smell is over exaggerated. It has no horrible smell like ones say. It definitely removes colour from hair. I left it in for the full 60 minutes. I was so surprised. I recommend try it. It can’t hurt you. And make up your own mind. You have nothing to lose. I have almost waste length hair so used two boxes.

Purchased in January 2019 at Priceline.

Prior Hair Colour Black
Dyed Hair Colour Lighter shade
Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Winning product !

L2018

L2018Sunderland

Didn’t work

I have used colour before a few times over the years and have always had amazing results however last night I decided to remove my black dye again having last dyed my hair black about 3 months ago and used the same dye I always use. I left the colour before on for 60 mins and did all the correct washing stages, when rinsing my hair no colour could be seen leaving my hair usually I see the water rinsing a different colour. My hair is literally still black no colour left my hair at all. Is it possible it’s out of date and didn’t work for this reason? I am a little upset as I now have to go out and buy another in the attempt to lift it again

Turned hair grey

I bleached my hair few weeks ago put a dark blonde on used this to get rid of the dark blonde went up stairs with yellow hair as the remover had worked used half the buffer and the colour of the buffer was a grey colour and now my hair is that colour so it’s redyed my hair I’m not impressed I followed the instructions this is my first time using it as I normally use the wella colour remover I won’t be using this again. I now have to go to shops and start all over again not happy at all

Worked for me.

I used colour before at twice the price of this one and guess what...this one does the same job and the smell is less pungent than colour before as that one was unbearable. My hair was dark brown and I'm now a nice shade of gingery red. I actually love my new hair. Highly recommended.

Absolutely brilliant

Used this for first time. Very sceptical but it did exactly what it said. Highly recommend this product. Very smelly but if you rinse as in instructions there is no problem with any smell afterwards

Completely shocked me!

Teejai

TeejaiVictoria

Removes dye from inside the hair cuticle

Pros: Removes colour that is in the hair cuticle, doesn't fry hair like bleach does, can do at home, fast, cheap.
Cons: doesn't remove staining on the outside of hair (no good for manic panic), drying on hair so need to put a conditioning mask on after, smells really really bad.
The smell is so bad, it made me ill/nauseous. Felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but it did remove permanent hair colour so it's ok.

Ange L

Ange LLincoln

Absolutely fantastic product!!

Sarah

SarahBirmingham uk

Brilliant product

Used this product with trepidation as I have thin hair...worked brilliantly to remove a very dark colour I put on my hair. Colour removed successfully and I was able to recolour my hair straight away. The product didn't damage my hair in any way would highly recommend and will use again.

Meg N

Meg NPlymouth

PLEASED!!

After trial and error with MANY hair colour strippers over the years this is by far the best I've ever used, I was a really dark brown with red on top, and this took me to a light browny/ natural ginger and I love it. Would absolutely recommend, just have to follow instructions properly!

Too smelly

My hair was dyed burgundy colour & I wanted to grow it out. I had about 4 ins silver root growth & looked ridiculous. In a bid to hurry things along I purchased this product. My hair went a horrible rusty colour, one could say "my own fault!! ok but the smell from the product is horrendous. It's like the old fashioned perming solution, ammonia & after 5 weeks & a brutal cut it still stinks!!!!

Lozza
Lozza
Biancajayne

BiancajayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its perfect, if you know what youre doing

A lot of reviews are people being disappointed. Stripping your hair won't bring back your natural colour, once you dye your hair, your natural colour is gone. Stripping the hair removes the pigment dye that was put in, it doesnt remove stains either. Any hair dresser would advise you that stripping dye out of your hair is very damaging.
This product is amazing, and does the job. People just need to do their research on how products work before they use it.
The smell reminds me of perm solution and it will be in your hair for a while.

Does what it says on the box!

I had the live purple dye on my hair and I used the jobaz max, (purchased from b &m so dont have an invoice) it completely removed all of the coulor and returned me back to natural read head (with blonde ends due to previous lightning) i rinsed foe the full reccomended 10 mins + 10mins, although my hair felt really dry at the time, it is fine after a good conditioner

Letka

LetkaSydney

Worked really well got rid of black colour

I have used this a few times to get dark colour out of my hair and it actually works it dose smell bad whilst in hair but it washes out you need to really follow instructions the more longer you rinse the product the better the result i recommend 10 mins minimum for best restult i had dyed my hair to dark by accident and it brought my hair back to previous colour which was also dyed a very good product just have to bare the smell

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews