Brondie

BrondieAuckland

Works just like it says

In many of the reviews I see people say the end result colour was yellow or orange. Of course it was, the colour remover returns your hair to BASE colour. If you are naturally blonde, your base is yellow. A natural brunette, your base is orange, mature persons your base may well be white/grey with age. No product on the planet will give you back your natural shade, just your natural BASE. When you coloured your hair, your natural colour was gone for good & the only way to get it back was to grow it all out. So, yes the product does work & it works well. I dyed my hair brown for years & this product takes me back to my yellow base as I was blonde as a kid. Then I can dye it to any shade of blonde. Horray!

Smells like cow crap

This product works but honestly the smell is so bad it actually smells like poo anyone that came near me kept gagging and everytime I washed my hair after the smell came back just as strong. NO THANKS

Rotten Egg

The smell this emits is chocking and unpleasant it does not work well on hair that has been dyed a long while ago and the colour at the end it won't match your regrowth colour natural hair is darker than the colour that the hair striping dye made the coloured hair. I don't recommend using this as a quick fix I despise how my hair looks even more than it did

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength compares to other Hair Dyes

Nat

NatMelbourne

Worked better than expected!

Only works on some dyes.

I paid a whopping $30 for one box (on my thick but only shoulder length hair).

I dyed my hair wine red December last year with semi-permanent dye, but in February started to dye it black again (roughly once every month) with both semi-permanent and permanent dyes.

Cons: Smells like the chemicals in a public toilet.
Takes over 50 minutes. Took me roughly 5 minutes to apply the dye. 30 to let it work it's magic. 5 to rinse out. 1 minute buffer, another 5 minute rinse. Repeat the buffer and rinse.
Makes hair very dry.

Pros: Removed all the black.

In the end, I was left with the semi-permanent red colour from last year. Still unsure whether or not I'll purchase again.

This is honestly the worst product I have ever used.

Was absolutely horrible, did nothing to my hair at all apart from make it dry and brittle when my hair was just getting healthy and growing. The colour I had in was purple fudge and has no ammonia or peroxide at all and all it did was literally make my hair blue when it was already fading to blue never again and definitely not worth the money I paid. I honestly could've got a bleach and would've had a better out come. My hair would be the same as it is now only There would be an actual difference in the colour but there is literally no difference what so ever. Definitely wouldn't recommend

Not great

Didn't even remove temporary rinse!

I have naturally auburn hair and I died my hair with a mahogany colour that only last 8 washes. I hated the colour immediately and wanted to go back so the day after colouring I used this (following instructions exactly) and barely noticed a change. If it can't remove a temporary rinse how could it remove permanent colour..? It was a waste of time and dried my hair out!

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Lisa

Lisaasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

I have mousy roots with a lot of grey coming through on previously highlighted hair which has been ombré dyed for about half a year. I want to take this to my natural / highlight to then go to hair dressers for lighter highlights to work with my grey. Do I then use a toner after to combat a brassiness in the blonde bleaching that is left?

ap74
ap74

The product will take your hair to its lightest colour, either natural or previously bleached. If your hair tends to be warm you will probably be brassy but I wouldn't use toner. I'd organise an appointment with your hairdresser soon after as they would be best placed to advise you on colour, but keep in mind that the instructions recommend using only a semi permanent colour for a few weeks to avoid damaging your hair.

Paris

Parisasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

My hair was purple and I've just used the Jobaz colour remover as I want to dye my hair a light brown but it's turned my hair blue and I don't think my hair is going to go light (dark hair doesn't suit me). I now have no money as I've just used my last pennies to get the remover and hair dye! Is there any way I can fix this? I need help quick!!!

Kezwald1
Kezwald1

Hi, purple will always go blue. Blue is extremely difficult to get out and any hair colour remover isn't designed to get out crazy colours. I've tried vit c tablets with shampoo that can help to get the blue lighter but may take many attempts of leaving it in for 2 hours +

Anon
Anon

I did the same to get bright pink out (rookie mistake on my part but jeez it made me laugh!), it's not intended for temp colours. You've probably already found some kind of solution by now however for anyone in future having the same problem try anti-dandruff with bi-carb. It works a treat but does strip your hair of all moisture.

Toniasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

My friend dyed her hair for the very first time about a month ago and now she wants it removed and back to natural. Will it go back to her natural colour or will it go like brassy blonde or orange?

Teagan c
Teagan c

Mine went orange like but I had heaps of colour. Best thing is leave it and let it grow out

Toni

Sorry I should have added that she is natural brown and went red.

Charlie M
Charlie M

Hi Toni, If your friend does not have a huge amount of buildup then there will be very little brassy tone under the revealed colour. It is likely to be a slightly lighter shade of her original natural colour. Red dyes use an amount of bleach to lighten the hair and so this will remain after the dye is removed. In this case I would say your friend will go back to a colour very close to the natural colour :)

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions