Joolca HOTTAP

• Smells of GasYes (0) · No (60)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

OMG my horses love it!

I have 3 miniature rescue horses and 1 welsh. Not one of them likes bath time due to their respective pasts. Two were rescued from the dog man and 1 from a home where she had been stabled then hit repeatedly with a 2 x 4. My welsh, Az had been tied up so he couldn't move and then had a hose turned on him, scaring him half to death. Every one of my horses loved this shower. In fact, not one of them moved and Az couldn't stop playing in the water. It was a win, win, win and win. Well worth the money.

Purchased in March 2021 for $546.00.

Noise Level
Dave

Dave South East Queensland, QLD

Easily the best products in their class

Purchased in February 2021 for $599.00.

BenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic

Purchased in January 2020 for $299.00.

TuiAlbury

Poor Back Design

I bought the Unit 12 months ago. I would have given it 5 Stars except for the back cover. It's as rough as a coil of barbed wire. I had to fit 4 rubber feet on the back so it would not scratch my camper when hung on it. The web site then, showed it hanging on a camper van door. Impossible without scratching the Duco badly. A single hanging point would also be a big improvement. However after making these adjustments the unit and fittings work really well and i am very happy with it. They may have changed the back by now. I see they have had a big make over recently. Thanks Tui.

Purchased in March 2020.

Jeff

JeffVictoria

After sales is the best

Had and loved an original Hottap that was shipped back to Qld by Jooca then we received a NEW V2 as a warranty replacement as ours couldn't be repaired , it does not get better , loved old unit , lifelong loyalty to Joolca now

Purchased in October 2015.

What a unit!

Absolute fantastic piece of kit! Simple to set up and operate. No issues with water temperature. Glad I purchased the Nomad kit, packs up neatly making it simple to transport. Customer service is absolutely incredible and can't be faulted. One small problem was noted with our unit and it was swiftly resolved by the Joolca team.

Purchased in November 2020.

womblesmith

womblesmithSouth West, WA

Pleasure with leisure .Perfect for us octogenarians

Very satisfied with unit coping with showering for 2 adults, with stable water temperature. The unit provides the solution for our outdoor residential showering and pleasant camping experiences
Leak of inlet hose connection to be addressed

Purchased in August 2020 for $389.00.

Nlventu

NlventuSydney Surrounds, NSW

Joolca have redeemed themselves - Thank you

I am changing my review from a negative review to positive after Joolca made contact with me to find a solution to being unable to fulfill my order and multiple delays. The Customer Success Team have managed to find returned stock and gone out of their way to ensure that I have a shower and tent that I previously ordered for our camping trip and in time for Christmas. I know that Joolca make quality products and after having cheap brands fail and difficult tents to put up, that is why I chose Joolca. Thank you for going above and beyond to ensure that my family and I will be smelling great on our off the grid camping trip.

Purchased in November 2020 at Joolca.

Bruce

BruceSydney, NSW

Very fast efficient response

Small problem with unit , send email to company , response in 20 minutes, 10 minutes to fix , GREAT service . Awesome 5 star plus rating , 100% happy , . Thanks Bruce H . Ricmond NSW

Purchased in November 2019 at Factory Price.

Lyn

LynSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Hottap has saved me a fortune!

Purchased in May 2017 and still working perfectly after three and half years. I use it every day in my ground floor unit in Brisbane and have saved a fortune.

Purchased in May 2017 for $399.00.

Revising my previous 1 star to five star rating, this is an exceptional product! Operator error

Purchased in September 2020.

Mark

MarkHobart, TAS

Hands down the best kit on the market!!

By far the best unit on the market. Never had any issues, temp sat about 45° with good steady flow. Water straight from the river was fantastic. Would highly recommend

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.00.

Kevin

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding service

I have just received my replacement ensuite, replaced under warranty, no questions asked just "how can we help you attitude"....thank you so very much for your outstanding service particularly after sales service it is so refreshing to experience in this day and age. Its because of your fantastic service that I continue to purchase Joolca products for many years now and recommend you to others around me. Thank you once again

Purchased in January 2019.

It’s great, it takes minutes to set up and warm showers you just can’t beat.

It copes well as long you have plenty of water, it takes a while for warm water to come through but I put a bucket In there to catch the water

Purchased in September 2020 at Online .

Glenn

GlennRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Out and about. Camping with style

The perfect shower for travelling off the grid. Easy to set up and use. Just like having a shower at home. Set the flow and temperature to your preference and leave. Ideal with a family in mind or even washing dishes.

Purchased in July 2020 at Tentworld Physical store for $500.00.

Krystle V.

Krystle V.South East Queensland, QLD

Great once we got passed the wrong part provided

Purchased in July 2020 at Joolca for $699.00.

Absolutely useless

I use mine for camping and have found it to be absolutely useless in even the slightest breeze. Jollka themselves even suggest you might get better performance by blocking the vents and reversing the top vent. Extremely sensitive and the flame easily goes out.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Waiting patiently for pre-order

Joolca has had massive growth which is causing delays on pre-orders.
It must be a great product for that to happen!
Hoping to get delivery very soon. We will report back soon.

Purchased in May 2020.

Keen customer
Keen customer

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me.

JoolcaJoolca

Glad to have you sorted with the pre-order Richard!

Appalling customer service

We purchase a hot water system from Joolca - were sent a " lemon". Product never really worked reliably and it was missing some screws. Tried to troubleshoot but it didn't work, so had to send the item back, have requested a refund... and now they take over a week to reply to an email.
Appalling customer service - we just want our money back, we don't want to deal with these guys anymore.

Purchased in March 2020.

Fab Fox
Fab Fox
Jamie

JamiePerth, WA

Worked Ok

Purchased in June 2020 for $519.00.

Glenn

Glennasked

HOTTAP

I attmpted to use my Joolca V1 for the 2nd time.
1st time it worked intermittently, this time it won't work at all.
I have confirmed power at the Joolca pump (it pumps), gas at the bottle (replaced bottle with known full one), igniter sparks (with new D cells) but no ignition.
The LCD illuminates when the water flows but only displays ambient water temp as there is no ignition.
Is there anything else I can do?
Very frustrated due to the cost and especially the cold inconvenience out bush.

Tui

Hi Glen, I know how you feel. Sometimes it is near impossible to get the adjustment right. Especially when you get your gear off and you can't get the temperature right.
Also if you are pulling out of a bucket and you waste all the water trying.
The answer is in the adjustment of gas and water. Worth a look ,but a mud wasp could get into the gas supply line but unlikely.
I suggest you set it up at home on the water from your tap so you will have plenty of water to experiment with. Adjust the water flow and the gas flow. If you get it working properly there then go back to pumping out of a bucket and do some more experiments. I have found just because you get it right at home doesn't mean the same settings work in camp. Especially if you are pulling out of a really cold stream.
I have had different brands and they are all the same. Hard to get it right in camp.
I thought my Joolca would have been better so i paid more for it. But last camp the same problem. Good thing i had a creek supply. Cheers. Tui

Hi Glenn,

Please reach out to us support@joolca.com.au and we'll be able to help you with this.

Warm regards,
Chris

Jack R.

Jack R.asked

HOTTAP

Can you run the hot tap PUMP in the vertical position

Ben

Generally because the mounting surface of a pump—called the pedestal—is so important to keep the pump rigid and aligned with the motor, you cannot simply turn an end suction pump vertical and expect good results. The pump has to be designed to work in a vertical configuration. The Hottap pump is self-priming to 1.8m, 30m reach, 6L/min flow rate.
Best to call customer support 1300669500 for a more detailed answer.

Tui

I do not have the Joolca pump sorry. I use another system. I think Ben has answered the question very well and accurately. The bottom line on all pumps is "as designed". Some can be mounted any way you like. Don't know about the Joolca. I don't have one. Go with customer support. They are very good.

JoolcaJoolca

Hey Jack! With our pumps you can mount them vertically if you want, it wont cause any issues :)

Cheers
Emre

Steve S.

Steve S.asked

HOTTAP

Is the Joolca hose food grade? I was thinking of using that hose to fill my water tanks rather than carry another hose.

Hey Steve,

The Joolca hoses are not food grade, so we do not recommend using them if you're planning on drinking the water. Sorry if this wasn't the answer you were looking for mate

Warm regards,
Emre

Get an answer from our members and Joolca representatives

Compare all 5 Joolca HOTTAP
Joolca HOTTAP V1
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018

Joolca HOTTAP V1

4.5
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)299