Joolca HOTTAP

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (46)

Absolutely useless

I use mine for camping and have found it to be absolutely useless in even the slightest breeze. Jollka themselves even suggest you might get better performance by blocking the vents and reversing the top vent. Extremely sensitive and the flame easily goes out.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Waiting patiently for pre-order

Joolca has had massive growth which is causing delays on pre-orders.
It must be a great product for that to happen!
Hoping to get delivery very soon. We will report back soon.

Purchased in May 2020.

Keen customer
Keen customer

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to me.

JoolcaJoolca

Glad to have you sorted with the pre-order Richard!

Appalling customer service

We purchase a hot water system from Joolca - were sent a " lemon". Product never really worked reliably and it was missing some screws. Tried to troubleshoot but it didn't work, so had to send the item back, have requested a refund... and now they take over a week to reply to an email.
Appalling customer service - we just want our money back, we don't want to deal with these guys anymore.

Purchased in March 2020.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Fab Fox

Purchased in June 2020.

Nic G

Nic GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great stop-gap product!

Bought as a water heater for our outdoor shower room. We didn't want to have to pay an expensive plumber's fee, just to have a hot shower outside. It works very well indeed. Considering how cold it has been of late, in our South Australian winter, you wouldn't know it with this little unit! Hot water every time!

Just give it a moment to regulate and hey presto! Hot water outside whilst you enjoy the great outdoors! And at a fraction of the cost too.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$299.00.

Household Size 4 person(s)

JackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hottap-help assist

When i take a shower the water starts hot - minutes in it goes cold - i turn the unit (rotate hand controller) off - turn on - hot minute or so goes cold again. this is on going Unit is new two months out of box. Temperature on maximum 34.

Jack

Thank you Chris i will be in touch. I have heard about your wonderful after sales customer care.

MitchPerth, WA

What i thought would be the perfect hot water system for camping?

Purchased in October 2019.

JoolcaJoolca

Thanks Mitch, glad to have you sorted!

Warm regards,
Chris

Leonie

LeonieFar North Queensland, QLD

Unfortunate accident, awesome customer service

Purchased in July 2019 at Road Tech Marine for A$450.00.

Good!

I am updating my original review (below) because Joolca staff got back to me and fixed the issue. They gave me a refund for the difference right away. We haven't used the shower yet but so far the experience is good. I would still warn that for gravity fed you need 15m drop or get the pump.

(Original post)
We purchased the essential kit, only to realise you need 15m drop to work without the pump. I called customer support in NZ and AU all day, but both went straight to voicemail. I purchased the pump separately but if it was made clear I would have saved money by ordering the pump together at once. Very disappointed.

Purchased in March 2020.

Dissatisfied camper

Dissatisfied camperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very disappointed with this unit

Very disappointed with this unit. Purchased it and pump direct from Joolca 18/01/17. Used it twice on a camping trip 26/01/17. Shower rose broke so replaced it with after market metal one. Next time I tried to use the unit it would not ignite. Sent back to Joolca on 16/02/18 for repairs. It worked maybe twice again then sat in the camper as dead weight. Tried again recently and again would not ignite. (Joolca suggests maybe a pressure switch). As unit is now out of warranty Joolca no longer back the product. Having used it only about 10 times in 3 years it still looks brand new. I will be cutting my losses, trash the unit and buy a different brand.

Purchased in January 2017 at Joolca.

JoolcaJoolca

We are very pleased with the Joolca, easy to set up & use works great.

Everything works as described, we had a minor issue that was quickly sorted out by the Customer Service department. There was a very slight leak where the shower head screwed on, this was replaced quickly at no charge. The customer service was fantastic, a rare thing these days! They also followed up later to make sure we were satisfied.

Purchased in January 2020 at Anaconda Physical store for A$499.00.

JoolcaJoolca

Thanks for leaving the review Andrew, we appreciate it - glad to hear you're happy with your HOTTAP!

Very easy to setup and use

Great unit and very good communication from staff I've brought two hot taps, double ensuite, ensuite plumbing and about to by another ensuite plumbing set have one setup for caravan other set up permanently out side can't fault any of the products

Purchased for A$449.00.

Not happy camper

Not happy camperWestern Australia

Waste of time twice....

Purchased in August 2019.

Absolutely perfect

Ordered unit one day it arrived the next day and it's everything it was claimed to be, so I would highly recommend this unit to anyone needing a semi portable/ portable water heater

Purchased in December 2019 at Joolca NZ for A$349.00.

Tassie Tiger

Tassie TigerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Australian Product!

Purchased in August 2016 at Joolca for A$299.00.

Find out how Joolca HOTTAP compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

With Joolca camping is fantastic!

I've only used it once but it works well. It wont get super hot like a house hot water system but then again this is not a shower you stand under for half an hour. The on off switch on the shower head is a great feature and being able to have a proper shower when camping is fantastic.

Purchased in September 2019.

Tp920

Tp920

Nice warm shower with a shot of cold

Facts- easily goes out with little wind
Also randomly just fails about 10seconds after ignition. Joolca Have instructions on website to block vents as it obviously a known problem... not happy with this product also no phone support!

Purchased in February 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$299.00.

JoolcaJoolca

Awesome shower and amazing customer service

This shower is better than the one we have at home ! Really easy to use, exactly as described. Very impressed with customer care team who looked after all of my queries quickly.
Havent tried any other camping showers so cant compare this with anything else but very happy with my Jolla, looking forward to a clean camping experience this summer !!

Purchased in November 2019 for A$499.00.

Heating Speed

Never again will I buy one first try didnt heat, Got another one still didnt work

Product didnt heat took it back to get replacement that one didnt work either not at all happy with the product or the time it took me to go to the local store to swap them over

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$295.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
Kara F.
Kara F.

Thankyou in the meantime I purchased a different brand and it worked perfectly fine so it couldnt have been how I set it up as I have previously used them

Toni

ToniMid West, WA

Best Bush camp showers

Using one for bush camp, I now enjoy camping! This is 2nd unit purchased for our shed shower. Great service, easy to use, very happy so far with my Joolca.

Purchased in June 2019 at Joolca for A$429.00.

James C.

James C.asked

HOTTAP

I see the Joolca uses 2 X DD batteries. This is the first I've heard of this size. I read a little about it and like what I see but I must ask before buying the Joolca, How long will the Joolca pump run on a set of DD batteries? Are they rechargeable? These must not be an easily found battery in the US as every search changes DD to only D battery choices. In the US where can I buy replacement DD batteries and how much will the average cost be?

Hi James,

It runs on 2 x D cell batteries which are very standard and can be found anywhere. The batteries are only used for the ignition of the HOTTAP and so they will last for months with regular use.

If you are powering a pump to provide water pressure, then that runs off of a different battery (your own).

Hopefully this makes sense! Reach out to support@joolca.com if you'd like more help!

Leanne S.

Leanne S.asked

HOTTAP

Hi, why does my battery holder keep filling with water when it rains? I have to replace the batteries and dry out the holder before I go camping every time!

Hi Leanne,

Please reach out to support@joolca.com and we'll be able to look into this for you!

macrobial

macrobialasked

HOTTAP

reading the reviews for the joolca hottap which is given a very high rating on your site, but the reviews do not reflect this and say it is rubbish!!!???

Get an answer from our members and Joolca representatives