Joolca HOTTAP

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Awesome!

My initial thought was not good as I bought the HotTap from Bunnings and it was missing parts and it failed to operate after about 20 minutes. I returned it to Bunnings and got one that had all the parts. I bought the outing as well and it works brilliantly. Emre, who I was dealing with at Joolca, is a great bloke with fantastic customer service skills. All we need to do now is go into the scrub and put it to good use...can't wait! I will probably make a video of it when we use it as I have rigged it up to my trailer.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $420.00.

Heating Speed

Reliable and fit for purpose

When I purchased the Joolca Hottap, as well as their shower tent and leave-in plumbing, it was after a lot of research for a continuous hot water solution. We live in the city and are renovating a decommissioned church in the country, and we knew it would be at least 18 months without wet rooms onsite. Knowing it would be so long, I've deliberately waited until we've seen both summer and winter performance before writing this review.

We are extremely happy with our shower solution and it makes a massive difference to our ability to stay onsite for extended weekends.

We run the hottap unit from the mains water tap on the property. It takes me and my husband about 10 minutes to put up the tent and get the unit connected to the gas bottle, and a little longer if I'm doing it alone; we pack it all up when we go home to the city. We recommend this as a shower solution for renovators - if there's room to pitch a tent, then you can have that nice hot shower after hard work.

In summer, we are getting steady 48-50 degrees water temperature, and in winter, when it's 5-10 degrees daytime and 0-2 overnight, we are getting average 42-43 degrees. Pressure is always good. The unit doesn't like much wind around it, but we followed online instructions from users plus advice from Joolca, and have fashioned some wind protection to manage this on all but the most windy days.

The winner features for us are:

* Being able to turn on and turn off from inside the tent, means that if the wind does suddenly pick up and blow out the gas, by just turning the water on and off, it lights again. You don't have to get out to deal with it. You don't need help. Brilliant.

* You can get a full long hot shower with a hair wash without feeling pressured for time or having to fiddle with the unit all the time. It just works.

* The shower tent is top quality, well-ventilated and has great waste water distribution, with two good-sized rooms; you have a wet side and a dry side and a zipper in between them. Water doesn't leak anywhere between the two sides or underneath, and there's room to dry off without feeling cramped, then dress and come out fully clothed.

We recommend Joolca and are very glad we chose their products; we've been using our shower solution 5-7 days a month for two years, and it has proven itself as a quality setup that delivers for us in all seasons.

Purchased in August 2017.

Everything and more...

The system is compact and all the components are great quality and work together seamlessly with everything controlled from the shower head. Used it on a recent desert trip and my wife loved it. To be honest I also enjoyed the luxury as well... it didn't use much gas and it packed easily into the 4X4. We are all now really looking forward to camping next to a creek where we can have long hot showers.

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed

Great Product - reliable, easy to use and provides a great shower.

Purchased the Hot tap for our camper. Plumbed in pump and fitted a bayonette gas connection. Has now been used for over 2 years and has not missed a beat. Has provided hot water from the High Country to middle of the desert, from minus 5 degrees to over 35. Always works well. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2017 at Joolca.

Heating Speed

Bloody awesome bit of gear. 100% happy.

I’ve been using my hottap now for a few trips and have not had any issues at all. Very very happy customer and even happier wife and kids with hot showers. I also bought the #joolca ensuite and that’s just as good and real easy to set up.

Purchased in March 2019 for $664.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Absolutely perfect!!

Thanks Joolca, we love the hot water system, shower tent and towels!!! Youve done an amazing job! We cant wait to use it on our longer trip in August.Well done Joolca you rock great products!!!

Purchased in May 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

I have more friends Now!

Should of invested in this great bit of gear years ago, Life will never be the same again. I now have more friends wanting to sit beside me. Thanks Team, Ron.

Purchased in May 2019 at Joolca directly.

Great product ,

Having used other products like this for caravaning, and then using our JOOLCA OUTING shower there is no comparison. Would never go back to anything else. Top rate product. Well done to the company

Awesome

Very well made product. Haven’t tested out in field yet but I love the quality of the product. Even the bag for it is nice heavy duty. Well done Joolca

Purchased in March 2019 for $299.00.

Noise Level

Very pleased so far. Feed hose a little short, but I just use a garden hose for now.
It gets used twice a day so extended use is not an issue. I think the temp could be a little hotter for the volume of water.

Purchased in February 2019 for $450.00.

Great product

Great product, value for money, great company easy to deal with and delivered on time, will always recommend their products to anyone wanting gear for your camping trips regards Darren Wilton.

Great.

Easy to assemble and use. I was struggling to wash my dogs inside now that I've moved somewhere without a bath or laundry trough. This has solved the problem. Highly recommend.

Heating Speed

Fabulous customer service and up-dates and we are delighted with the product .. hot, stable temp, great water flow 10/10

Delighted in every way .. fabulous product would highly recommend if you want a portable shower. Great service and updates from the company as well as entertaining customer service. Great stuff

Purchased in January 2019.

Heating Speed

Joolca has rocked our off grid world!

We have an off grid hut on 10 acres in Victoria. For the past 3 years we have heated our water by fire or solar bag. Lugged it to a spot near the car and hoped the water would stay warm enough for the 3 of us to clean up. Not any more! When a friend asked if I had heard of the Joolca shower system my answer was no, but after 3 days of research, I purchased ours and we are in love! This system has rocked our world and made going off grid even more enjoyable! It’s easy to rig up, sturdy and so efficient. Thanks team - great product!

Purchased in December 2018 for $429.00.

Household Size 3 person(s)

Simple to put Together. Worth every $. Highly Recommend

Set up and used for the first time today. Very proud that the en-suite camp tent was up in less than five minutes and then water / heater connection not much longer. Others watched in amazement. We had a wonderful hot shower. Now we can go camping anywhere. Love it.

Awesome

Great compact unit, fits neatly packed in with our camping gear.. Works well at home after the beach and spoiling our shih tzu with warm baths now ....Can’t wait to really give it a workout on our next camp trip

Great Little Unit

Unpacked and set up in the shed to familiarise myself with the unit... Works perfectly... Had a choice between a few different brands but after reading all the positive reviews (there’s a lot of them!) decided to go with the Outing... Looking forward to our first camping trip on the Darling River... Couldn’t be happier... PS: Get the Joolca bag as well you won’t be disappointed...

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very good product

I have had the Hottap now for over 4 years. It works really well. The after sales service is second to none. They even replaced a cracked fitting with free postage after 4 years. My only problem was a couple of leaking fittings which I fixed with plumbers tape. If I ever need to replace the unit I would not hesitate to purchase from Joolca again. The heating does need regulating with hot or cold ambient temperatures as it heats to X degrees above ambient. Not a problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great Product

We used our hottap over the Christmas break. We couldn’t be happier with our purchase. Right from the day we ordered it, the service has been amazing and the product even better. I would recommend this product to anyone. It is easy to use and even easier to set up.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

best outdoor shower i have used

copes extra well with demand and extended usage water temp was fine a great little machine even the wife was impressed !! with all the fittings colour coded it was very easy to set up and adjust maintained a good water pressure the auto pump stop start works well happy to recomend it

Date PurchasedDec 2018