Kambrook Aquarius BPA Free KAK60

Kambrook Aquarius BPA Free KAK60

MPN: KAM-KAK60WHT

It always drips.

Considering how many centuries jugs have been made, it's pathetic that in 21st century Kambrook produce a jug KAK60 that has such a spout that it always drips. Disappointing. etc etc etc

Purchased .

Let down by long afterboil

On the strength of the reviews here, I purchased one of these at a Big W store in early September. I followed the recommended break-in and usage procedures.
Like other people I was impressed with its quietness, speed and visibility. Also, because its lowest water level gives you enough for a single cup you don't have to waste electricity.
EXCEPT
It took a long time for the kettle to switch off after the water starts boiling. This happened no matter what amount of water I put in it.
Thinking this may be a once-off I replaced the original kettle yesterday with another KAK60. Exactly the same result. I infer then this is typical of this model. I'm surprised no one appears to have mentioned this before.
I have to decide now whether to replace this with a different model with a short cutout time or hang onto this unit and try to be around it when it boils to switch it off manually.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Crushed by kettle

purchased brand new at Harvey Normans Launceston. am absolutely crushed as illuminated on/off switch simply doesn't operate .Kettle is completely dysfunctional. So disappointing. I will now have to travel over 100 km to return product which I so looked forward to using. should have been quality tested before put on sale.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great product Good price

I like this kettle because of the BPA free component. The kettle is very quiet when in use and Choice recommends this kettle with there 2 slice toaster. The only thing we didn't like was the filter inside the pouring nossle kept coming out and we found it hard to put back to place, There is a 2 year warranty with this product which is excellent and the out side does not get dangerously hot during use.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Really good jug

The water tasted really good when it was boiled its really easy to determine the water level with the lid open and with the glass down the side which is easy to read and see..it boils quite quickly it gets hot outside but isnt dangerously hot u can still touch it

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Oh well done

Hey well done you lot.

I have owned this kettle for years and you have never missed a beat

Your design is an indirect heating base but like some others I owned never leaked
Your cut out thermal system has never drifted , failed or gone out of calibration

I put you in the cupboard for some upper market models which all failed in less than a year and out you come doing what you do best.
Sure your not as vogue or pricy as some others but you last the distance thats all we can ask.
I have the red model, happy with it, and bought off the shelf at a Big W

An Australian icon ,, over the years never boasted about itself but delivered the reliability for a low cost appliance

I salute you all

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Love this kettle!

We purchased this kettle a couple of months ago and we are super pleased with it. Not only is it very affordable, but it is very efficient as well. Water boils quickly and its not too noisy. The window to see the water level is also handy. Best thing is that its one of the only kettles out there that is BPA free.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

So Far So Good

I’ve only had this about a week and it does a good job. The speed is no faster or slower than other kettles that I’ve had. There’s no taint to the water. It boils very hot. Easy to open lid with a button. Holds 1.7ltrs. I am happy with it. Hopefully it will last a few years.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

the best budget Kettle

Very good, well priced kettle. Simple to use and clean inside and outside. very light. the noise level is very low unlike my previous kettle. Compared to the previous kettle, this is awesome! I like the the window to see the water level.
Cord is a bit too short but other than that on the mark.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A rare treasure

Paid $29 for it. Works like a charm. Not too noisy, not too heavy. Agree with the other reviewers---no problem with pouring water. No need to pay more than $50, more than $100, or more than $150 for a kettle. Those prices are more about marketing a name rather than value for money.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Would buy again

Our old kettle died because the lid wouldn't open properly after being opened so many times to fill it. This Kambrook has a very wide spout so you can easily fill it directly from the tap without opening/closing the lid. It's easy to see how many cups are in the kettle and the minimum you can boil is 2 which makes it very economical to use.Easy to fill, easy to clean, very quiet and super quick to boil. Plus it was only $25 and looks great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Works great, quiet and great value

We paid $27 for this kettle and decided on a plastic one because they are meant to be quieter. This kettle is great value and quiet! Maybe not whisper quiet but it is a kettle so does need to make some noise. No longer have to turn up the volume on the tv when the other half makes a cup of tea! Good handle. Easy to fill, hold and pour. What more could you want!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Works Perfectly

My Breville Emporia started leaking after 4 years so was glad to be rid of it as it sounded like a 747 jumbo jet when boiling. After much research I went with the Kambrook Aquarius, mainly because it is much quieter, I have found that plastic jugs are quieter than stainless steel. This jug was the most attractive of the plastic jugs that I could find and it does the job perfectly. Good for left handed people as well as the water level window is on both sides and most of the cord can be hidden underneath. So far no leaking from the bottom or dribbling from the spout and a good price as well.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
UPDATE: I threw this kettle away last week as the exterior was yellowing all over and I couldn't remove it. Not impressed after only purchasing it just over 12 months ago.

Excellent value fo rmoney

My Sunbeam KE2350 kettle just died after 5 years. I almost bought a new version of the same model but decided I buy this Kambrook one. I'm very glad I did. I very much like the much bigger water level window. It's much easier to see how much water is in the jug thus avoiding unnecessary topping up. Looks great too. Boils as fast if not a little faster than my previous kettle. I also like the one touch flip up lid control. Makes it easier and simpler to refill the kettle.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good little kettle

This is a pretty good kettle. It's not overly loud and it boils water fairly quickly. It feels pretty plasticky, but still solid. I think it's very good value for money. Some of the cheaper kettles are also quite ugly, but his one is fairly nondescript which is all most people need. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

De scaling solved the problem

I was getting white bits in my kettle which I couldn't stop.Customer service suggested that I descale the kettle with 1/3 white vinegar to water ie 1 cup vinegar with 2 cups water. Bring to just of boil and leave for a few minutes. Then rinse. Wolla kettle was sparkling inside and no more white bits.The descaling really worked as no amount of wiping out was solving the problem. Thank you customer service.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Love it

Was very sceptical buying this kettle - but thought what the heck for the price. I was not disappointed! Works great and the build is very good for the price! I have bought other more expensive kettles in the past and they didn't last or work as well as this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Water, water everywhere!

This kettle has some good features but performs poorly when it comes to pouring. The spout design means that water runs down the outside of the kettle and onto surfaces near the cup. It is necessary to mop up as you go, including the base where water quickly settles when the kettle is returned after pouring. Not great in terms of safety! Since pouring water is one of the key functions of a kettle, this model's performance is a real problem. Buyer beware.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Henry, please contact the Kambrook customer care team on 1300 139 798 during business hours or e-mail askus@kambrook.com.au. Thank you.

No complaints for a change.

Bought this for price and reasonable looks with a bit of colour after I'd returned two other metal and expensive kettles.
Has easy to see water level on both sides, bright light so you know you turned it on and a large handle and spout for good grip and easy pouring. Boils reasonably quickly although I only use it for one or two mugs at any one time and fill it accordingly.
Simple and inexpensive. It only boils water after all so who needs all the bells and whistles and poor design of the expensive kettles.
I've only had it a few weeks so I can't comment on reliability but if it lasts more than 18 months I'm on a winner.
Given there's no long list of complaint and comments on this one I believe I may have made a reasonable decision.

Love this kettle

I bought this kettle after having had enough of two very stylish but not very good kettles. It boils very quickly. You can easily see how much water is in . The kettle is lightweight with the handle large and easy to grip in a good position so it is well balanced to carry and pour. Very easy to refill. The reto design is refressing change from the plain white or silver. It also is a lot cheaper than the other kettles.
Good balanced grip, good price and quick boil.
A little noisy when boiling. Looks a little cheap