MPN: MG700

This is a fine little grinder

One thing I would advise, is that the unit came from the factory with the blade on backwards. I first made a batch of Italian sausage and it was hard yakka. Then went back to the manual and found the proper blade placement. That did the trick! I have just recently made a batch of andouille sausage from a pork shoulder w/skin and a pork belly skin. It chewed through 3 kilos of meat and fat in about 5 minutes. A reminder to any "budding sausage makers" that you need to put the meat in the freezer, but not completely frozen before grinding and check that your blade is not on backwards (I had a similar experience as the below reviewer until I sorted the proper blade placement.) The sausage stuffer attachments are great! I have built a whole charcuterie hobby around this little beauty. It is powerful and does the business. Clean-up and reassembly is a snap. I would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A real disappointment for a budding sausage maker!

Absolutely hopeless. Wouldn't mince venison, pork, fat or chicken livers. Kept on clogging with the most minute pieces of sinew so had to constantly stop and clear it, despite the fact that sinew and gristle was carefully removed. I thought I may have overlooked an additional extra coarse mincing die, but no. It took ages! However, the sausage making nozzle worked like a dream.
Sausage making attachment.
Die too fine to grind anything I needed to make sausages. A very expensive machine that can't do what it is meant to do.

Brilliant

I process relatively large quantities of game (mailnly wallaby) with ease. I used a hand mincer for 30 odd years and was given this as a gift. Best gift ever as it has cut my processing time from hours to minutes. I now intend to get a little more adventurous and start making sausages etc..
Speed and ease of use.

How often should the cutting blades be sharpened?
Hi Lyn. I am no expert but very fussy with my hunting and cooking knives. Thus I always inspect the mincer blades but have never had need to sharpen them even though they get quite regular use. Hope that helps.Mine came from the factory with the blade on backwards. The manual shows it turned around. I did that and now it goes like the clappers!

CategoryAutomatic Food Mincers