VerifiedMPN:BDT-INDCTNCKD
3.0

53% · 98 · 47%

2.0
High power output
Great range of temperature settings
Power output sometimes difficult to control

Michael G.
Michael G.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Worked well until failed at 18 months

Happy with it but it didn't last, replaced with Kmart's version which I returned after a week as it kept shutting down if ran above about 40% output, I now have the Aldi one for over 12 months and it has been the best of the cheap lot Show details
Gail
GailHobart, TAS

Don't do it!!! 2 Piece Kitchen Couture Induction Cooker & Pot Set

Someone tried to cross a microwave "1 touch" with a portable induction cooktop and got this absolute shocker. I've used induction before, so lack of familiarity ain't it. I've used this execrable unit a number of times over the last few months. Instead of a dial with a range from 1-10, there's a variety of "functions" on this model. The minimum setting is 80C (!) for tea/milk and a max of 2000 (I assume its KW). Some "functions" can reduce heat to 1000 ?? (your guess of unit measurement is as good as mine). Either way the output is good for boiling water but that's about it. I heated 2 tbs of oil on the minimum setting with the supplied pan - the pan glowed red and the oil caught fire in around 10 seconds. Show details
Vkoio4
Vkoio417 posts

Glenn Ashcroft
Glenn Ashcroft3 posts

Induction Cooker Kitchen Couture doesn’t work!

The product doesn’t work. E0 code came on the first time we tried it and it won’t go away. We have tried turning off and on and we have tried a multitude of induction suitable pans but it won’t work. Show details
Jason L.
Jason L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Works well but loud

This is a solid induction cooker that has plenty of heat settings. The biggest issue is the fan is always on so if your using it and trying to watch TV or listen to music, it's difficult as the fan is loud. Maybe having the loud fan means the unit will last awhile since it shouldn't overheat but only time will tell. For what it's worth, I've had it for about a year with no issues. On a side note, the pot that comes with it is quite thin but you can make broth in it. Show details
Arsb
ArsbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Toxic plastic smell

I bought one a few months ago not intending to bother to return it if there was a problem so I have no idea where the receipt is. Now I wish I knew. There is and always has been a toxic plastic smell coming from the unit before you even turn it on. I don't feel safe using it so it's sitting out on the back porch doing nothing. I'm planning to put it in hot direct sunlight to see if that gets rid of it but meanwhile I'll search for that receipt. It's a matter of principle. Also I found that it doesn't go low enough for a gentle simmer. Otherwise it's great.

mz_dvs
mz_dvsSydney7 posts

Great product!

Didn't have very good expectation after opening the box and first seeing the free pot it came with, which is very very poor quality. So I was quite surprised that it's quite powerful, with a great range for power or temperature settings. It is very easy to use and portable.

Len
LenPort Broughton5 posts

Excellent product and price

this technology is incredible, a step up from microwave.

Instant on -off no waiting for heating elements and heating up the kitchen.

No burning spills on hot burners

Efficiency is Gas 40% Induction around 90% saving time and electricity therefore cost.

Always test your cookware to ensure they are magnetic otherwise the cooker will not operate as it is a magnetic coil based technology

Jayne
JaynePerth, WA2 posts

So annoyed with Harvey Norman

Purchased the KC induction cooker, have tried all my scan pan and Bessemer to find it won’t work, I only have one frypan that will work. What a waste of money

Bruce H
Bruce HSydney Surrounds, NSW83 posts

Im impressed

Recently purchased this induction cooker and to-date I am impressed. Power settings are variable from 200 - 2000 watts in 200 w increments or temp 60 - 270 in 20 deg increments. The cooker will hold a simmer at the lower settings. I trialed this will 500 ml of water only in a covered saucepan. Unit seems to work with my small coffee maker to large fry pans. The unit will not heat-up unless there is an appropriate metal cookware on the hotplate.

Dan3aka284 posts

Didn’t work

Arrived! Not impressed with the packaging!!! Then turned the cooker on, work for a couple of minutes then

Went in a E 5 code try a few more times still went in E5 code went to the trouble shooting guide try everything still would not work.

Have now sent it back. Hope I can get a refund. Thank you. Mary Bugden

Floss62Gippsland, VIC15 posts

perfect

I needed it for stir frying as my electric hotplate isn’t powerful enough to get the wok really hot. It does the job perfectly and I had the added benefit of an excuse to get a new pan.I’m very pleased with it. I would recommend it. It also is useful as a portable device and if you need that extra cooking plate.

Pat
PatAdelaide2 posts

Unfortunately, a big disappointment!

Bought it through Kogan. No problem with them....the item arrived quickly. But...

1. The free pot had a dent in it.

2. The cooker itself worked a couple of times and then the heat input went out of control. The cooker starts at a default heat input of 1600W, and there is a dial which you use to adjust the heat settings up or down from that. Unfortunately, after a couple of days, when you tried to reduce the heat input below 1200W, then it would jump up to the maximum setting of 2000W, time and time again.

3. As an added bonus, the timer stopped working soon after that.....again, if you use the dial to try to set the time for the cooking, the timer would start generating random numbers.

Greg RWollongong69 posts

Early Days - so far so good

Look, this is a $50 experiment. Picked this up on Groupon for $49 plus $8 postage.

I like the idea of trying to get a consistent temperature for deep frying and also slow cooking. Slow cooking on a gas cooktop is hard because even on low heat is just too high and the item requires constant attention.

So far, we have tried cooking deep fried frozen mini spring rolls on 180 degrees. 8.5 out of 10. They cooked well but needed to cook till a bit overdone of the outside so they were not cold in the middle.

My wife tried steam coconut cakes this afternoon and they were a great success. That's it so far and 2 out of 2 is a good start. I will add to the review later if we find performance or quality issues.

VeronicaEpping, Victoria27 posts

Denise N.
Denise N.

How do I regulate the control to heat low heat or high heat

Dan3aka28

Why is the cooker going to E5 all the time Why ???

Greg R

Probably because your cookwear is not stainless steel. The saucepan,frypan etc myst be compatible for induction cooking.

Dan3aka28

I used the the proper compatible cook ware.

Floss62

How is it for wok cooking?

Don
Don

It works very well.

Greg R

Hi, as long as the wok is induction cooking compatible, it works fine.

Floss62

I guess I'll add a wok to my purchase. The stove I have here is crap and certainly won't heat up a wok enough for stir fry

Features:

• The Kitchen Couture Induction Cooker has a digital control panel and LED display that makes it easy to view and adjust - giving you control over how you want to cook your food.
  • A built-in countdown digital timer can be set up to 240 minutes, so you can set and forget your cooking until you need to be back at the stove.
  • Features such as auto-pan detection, overheat protection, a low & high voltage warning system, and a diagnostic error message system help make this model safe and energy efficient.
  • It has 7 cooking modes for you to make a variety of foods: stir-fry, toast, milk or tea, water, soup, rice, and all cooking.
  • The cooker has 8 power levels ranging from 300 to 2000W and 15 temperature settings.
  • This Kitchen Couture model weighs 2.9kg, making it a lightweight, easy to carry unit.

What have reviewers had to say about the Kitchen Couture Induction Cooker?

Reviews were varied about the portable cooker - some reviewers said that it had a high power output and appreciated the wide range of temperature settings. Among positive reviews, the cooker’s ease of use and portability was alsopraised.

One notable piece of criticism for the cooktop was that the power output was difficult to control, and that it was sometimes hard to achieve the constant temperature needed for certain types of cooking.

CategoryPortable Cooktops