Kmart 1.7L Kettle with Variable Temperature

Kmart 1.7L Kettle with Variable Temperature

Great Buy!

After looking at a number of very expensive kettles went for this one from K-Mart and SO GLAD I DID! My previous plastic kettle (a cheapie) tainted the water (horrible taste) so went looking for a glass one to be healthier, and many kettles are too heavy and bulky for my use - this one is very manageable and looks great too! I like the feature that gives different temps for my tea and coffee - amazing difference and when water boils it isn't tainted. I can see water level and the handle is very comfortable for my small hands and not too close to the glass that it will burn me like some others. Lid flips up well to fill and this kettle pours well with no drips! If I forget to take the kettle off immediately it will reheat water automatically to give me that perfect cup of tea! Time taken to rapid boil from cold on max fill (1.7L) was just under 4 mins ... but I don't fill it that full for my cuppa so its much faster! Had the kettle a month now and no problems at all, no rust stains on the bottom plate unlike some other kettles I have read about. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as great kettle for a great price. Well done K-Mart!

Purchased in April 2019 at K-Mart for $59.00.

Noise Level

See through kettle

Great value. I recommend. It is quick to boil. Blends into decor. Handle easy to hold. Love that you can see water about to boil, can easily see water level. For the price, you can’t go wrong and of course KMart Gtee their products. Matches the white KMart toaster which is compact. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Glass Cracked after 3 days of use

The whole glass Kettle cracked and broke(the glass is sharp) after 3 days of use (2-3 boils a day), quite disappointing but i guess that is what you get from a cheap kettle.
At first glance i was happy with a quiet and somewhat fast boil as well as a sleek design.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Excellent value for money!

We've used ours for over a year now and it still works just as well as it did on day one. The kettle leaves no taste to the water. It does its job very well and for a low price. For people that love tea the adjustable temperature is a must, especially for the more delicate white and green teas.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great value for money

The only thing it could do better is having an option at 65 or 70 degrees. I like the keep warm function too. Having had a $400 + one last time this is great value, sure it does not have a timer or a basket that lowers itself at the right time, but I didn't use those features. This has what I need, and at under $60 it is a steal.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Love it!

I have this exact same kettle but without the variable temperature control. I love it, and its around half the price of other name brand kettles. Its quiet compared to the kettle I had, and it looks great. Its still early days though, but I'm remaining optimistic. So far I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great! Quiet, works well.

We use it in our office. Handy to be able to choose the right temperature for the right drink. Able to boil as little as 500ml at a time, we rarely need to boil 1.7l at a time. Not very noisy when boiling, at least not compared to the Breville Soft Lid kettle I have at home. Nice big lid opening makes it easy to fill, and the stainless steel and glass build looks nice too.

Only criticism is that I noticed the text (labelling which temperature for which button) must have been easy to scratch off, which appeared to have happened to the in-store demo units. We've been careful with ours and this hasn't been an issue at all.

Tested the temperature range

I recently bought this five temperature setting kettle as I am an avid tea and coffee drinker. As I own a candy thermometer I decided to test out the range accuracy settings. 80, 85 and 90 degree settings tested out to be a couple of degrees less. 95 and 100 degrees were spot on. So far so good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good for me.

My very expensive kettle blew up and flicked the safety switch, so I thought for the mean time I’ll just get a cheap one. But I have no reason to buy an expensive one. This one works great and looks good too. I give mine a good wipe down everyday just to get the fingerprints off but other then that. No complaints.

Good budget kettle

Happy with this product. This is for anyone that is looking for a budget kettle with variable temperature. The cover on top is not too big but not too small either, might be hard for people with bigger hands to clean the kettle. Buttons for the variable temperature looks ok but I feel that it might not last as long, but it is what you pay for as the price is not that bad and kmart has a warranty for the kettle anyway.

Love this kettle

I've had this kettle for more than 6 months now and am very happy with it. I expected a budget kettle to be budget quality but this outperforms my old brand name kettle. It's quiet, boils quickly and the blue led lights look so pretty. I've read reviews about people needing to descale to remove calcium build up which is easily seen through the glass but I haven't had this problem. I always use filtered water so there's no need to descale my kettle.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Average kettle. Good for short term use.

I've had this kettle for about 1 year. Around the 6 month mark, the kettle began to leak water from the division between the base and the glass, both on the bench top and when you pour a cuppa. It was lovely for the first six months with all the extra heating features, however I will not be purchasing another clear kettle ever again as both the cheap and expensive brands alike seem to have the same problems.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

BEST KETTLE EVER

Im a big tea drinker, after seeing my local massage parlour having tea kettle defuser. I was that impressed that I needed to purchase a similar one. I looked online in various stores and wasnt convinced in spending $200 plus for a kettle.i went to kmart found this tea kettle without the defuser but it had all similar functions as the expensive brands. Once i took it home, i couldn't wait to brew my self a cup of tea and the fact it has the keep warm opition( im never going back to the normal kettle) so so happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Kmart 1.7L clear-glass (selectable temperature control for tea / coffee) smart kettle. Model LD-K103

22/6/2018 - UPDATE - kettle has been excellent, no problems or faults. Gets used at least 5 times a day using the various temperature settings. For the price, I really don't think anyone has anything to loose by buying this kettle.

Original review - Sept 2017
Been a while since replacing my existing kettle which stopped working yesterday. Quickly researched new models that have temperature settings for tea, coffee, green tea etc and was quite stunned at their high cost.
Checked out Kmart and took a gamble with this model that seems to have features of more expensive brands and models.
It's cordless, clear glass, has "keep warm" function, heats water to 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 degrees via push-buttons on front. Great finish on it, lid closes softly, pretty quiet for a kettle. Everything works as described including the various temp settings. I recorded the following boil times:
1.7L water (full kettle) boil to 100 degrees = just under 5 mins:
1L water heat to 95 degrees = 2 min 45 secs
1L water heat to 85 degrees = 2 min 04 seconds
1L water heat to 80 degrees = 1 min 54 seconds
Very happy with this $59.00 buy and I thoroughly recommend it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

I bought this kettle but noticed it doesnt make any noise when the water is boiled - is this normal or faulty? How do you know when the water is boiled?
The kettle is glass , so transparent , when it boils you will see big bubbles. if not moving it has previously boiled and you will generally see small bubbles on the metal base

Hi there, I am trying to find a user manual for my 1.7 Variable Temperature Kettle as there was nothing in the box when I opened it apart from the actual kettle and power stand. Thank you Regards Jennie
Pretty basic, hit the big one on the right for boil, for the others hit the temp you want twice. Ie 80 degrees lights them all up , second tap kicks off 80 degree heating

Many glass electric kettles for sale online, also state that they are BPA free and, as many people are aware nowadays of the dangers of BPA, I want to ask whether this kettle is also BPA free (eg the lid / handle / base et al!) ?? I’d appreciate an answer on this for my own peace of mind ... Thanking you in advance of an answer, MargeryK
As Kmart don't mention 'BPA free' in their product details for this kettle, I would think it isn't... but perhaps you could call Kmart to ask the question. The water is mainly in contact with the glass body and steel bottom, not so much the bit of plastic that's on the underside of the lid. The other kettles which were in the store looked like they were made almost entirely out of plastic, I wouldn't touch those! Hope that helps :)

Similar listings