Kmart 1.7L Kettle with Variable Temperature

Kmart 1.7L Kettle with Variable Temperature

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lyn L.

Lyn L.Perth, WA

Rusty screws under lid

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart.

trev

trevMelbourne

Sorry this is not the kettle I bought.

The kettle has five temperature settings a cancel button and a keep warm feature. However the kettle failed after only one week of use. The kettle stared leaking rendering the electronics useless.

Lily

LilyNSW, 2150

Not worth $60

This is an attractive, good capacity and quick boiling kettle that works well. Although the negatives being:
- it has variable heat settings, most of which you will probably never use, just sticking to your favourite temperate
- I bought this kettle only for the "keep warm" option, but then discovered that the "keep warm" setting doesn't work on the highest temperature i.e. the one for black tea, which is my preferred setting!

So the variable temps and the keep warm setting are features that up the cost to twice the price of a standard kettle, without any real benefit.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart for $60.00.

Kim in Australia

Kim in AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I PROBABLY GOT WHAT I PAID FOR

Purchased in January 2019.

Joy THobart, TAS

Great Buy!

Purchased in April 2019 at K-Mart for $59.00.

See through kettle

Great value. I recommend. It is quick to boil. Blends into decor. Handle easy to hold. Love that you can see water about to boil, can easily see water level. For the price, you can’t go wrong and of course KMart Gtee their products. Matches the white KMart toaster which is compact. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Kerry

KerryPerth, WA

Glass Cracked after 3 days of use

The whole glass Kettle cracked and broke(the glass is sharp) after 3 days of use (2-3 boils a day), quite disappointing but i guess that is what you get from a cheap kettle.
At first glance i was happy with a quiet and somewhat fast boil as well as a sleek design.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Robin V

Robin VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent value for money!

We've used ours for over a year now and it still works just as well as it did on day one. The kettle leaves no taste to the water. It does its job very well and for a low price. For people that love tea the adjustable temperature is a must, especially for the more delicate white and green teas.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Review collected in partnership with Kmart

Howard

HowardSydney

Great value for money

The only thing it could do better is having an option at 65 or 70 degrees. I like the keep warm function too. Having had a $400 + one last time this is great value, sure it does not have a timer or a basket that lowers itself at the right time, but I didn't use those features. This has what I need, and at under $60 it is a steal.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Beezee

BeezeePeel, WA

Love it!

I have this exact same kettle but without the variable temperature control. I love it, and its around half the price of other name brand kettles. Its quiet compared to the kettle I had, and it looks great. Its still early days though, but I'm remaining optimistic. So far I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Sam P

Sam PMelbourne

Great! Quiet, works well.

We use it in our office. Handy to be able to choose the right temperature for the right drink. Able to boil as little as 500ml at a time, we rarely need to boil 1.7l at a time. Not very noisy when boiling, at least not compared to the Breville Soft Lid kettle I have at home. Nice big lid opening makes it easy to fill, and the stainless steel and glass build looks nice too.

Only criticism is that I noticed the text (labelling which temperature for which button) must have been easy to scratch off, which appeared to have happened to the in-store demo units. We've been careful with ours and this hasn't been an issue at all.

Sylvia

SylviaHobart, TAS

Tested the temperature range

I recently bought this five temperature setting kettle as I am an avid tea and coffee drinker. As I own a candy thermometer I decided to test out the range accuracy settings. 80, 85 and 90 degree settings tested out to be a couple of degrees less. 95 and 100 degrees were spot on. So far so good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Lize

LizeMelbourne

Good for me.

My very expensive kettle blew up and flicked the safety switch, so I thought for the mean time I’ll just get a cheap one. But I have no reason to buy an expensive one. This one works great and looks good too. I give mine a good wipe down everyday just to get the fingerprints off but other then that. No complaints.

Casual Buyer

Casual BuyerMelbourne

Good budget kettle

Happy with this product. This is for anyone that is looking for a budget kettle with variable temperature. The cover on top is not too big but not too small either, might be hard for people with bigger hands to clean the kettle. Buttons for the variable temperature looks ok but I feel that it might not last as long, but it is what you pay for as the price is not that bad and kmart has a warranty for the kettle anyway.

ajp94

ajp94Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love this kettle

I've had this kettle for more than 6 months now and am very happy with it. I expected a budget kettle to be budget quality but this outperforms my old brand name kettle. It's quiet, boils quickly and the blue led lights look so pretty. I've read reviews about people needing to descale to remove calcium build up which is easily seen through the glass but I haven't had this problem. I always use filtered water so there's no need to descale my kettle.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Average kettle. Good for short term use.

I've had this kettle for about 1 year. Around the 6 month mark, the kettle began to leak water from the division between the base and the glass, both on the bench top and when you pour a cuppa. It was lovely for the first six months with all the extra heating features, however I will not be purchasing another clear kettle ever again as both the cheap and expensive brands alike seem to have the same problems.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

BEST KETTLE EVER

Im a big tea drinker, after seeing my local massage parlour having tea kettle defuser. I was that impressed that I needed to purchase a similar one. I looked online in various stores and wasnt convinced in spending $200 plus for a kettle.i went to kmart found this tea kettle without the defuser but it had all similar functions as the expensive brands. Once i took it home, i couldn't wait to brew my self a cup of tea and the fact it has the keep warm opition( im never going back to the normal kettle) so so happy with my purchase.

ChippoJerry85

ChippoJerry85Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Kmart 1.7L clear-glass (selectable temperature control for tea / coffee) smart kettle. Model LD-K103

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Lyn L.

Lyn L.asked

I have the glass kettle with the variable temperature and the four screws under the lid has rusted very badly. We have resorted to using the kettle with the lid open to prevent the rusty steam dripping down into the water. The unit is less than two months old. I would like to get a replacement but I no longer have the receipt. Has anyone else noticed the rusted screws?

Mike P.asked

Does it beep? (If so that’s a ‘no’, so annoying!)

Joy T

Absolutely NO BEEPS!! And I'm STILL very happy with this kettle! Cheers Mike ...

Mike P.

Great, we’ve ordered one, thanks!

Jewelsasked

Does this kettle have the blue illuminating lighting inside the kettle when it boils

Chris K.
Chris K.

I just unpacked mine tonight and I'm taking it back tomorrow because even though the side of the box clearly states ">illuminates when boiling" I was very disappointed (and felt cheated) to find that it does NOT illuminate when boiling. The only thing that happens is the temperature button you press (which got stuck half the times I pushed it) lights up. So either mine is broken out of the box or it's false advertising.

Jewels

Hi Chris, yes I found the same thing when I plugged mine in, I also returned mine for a refund.

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives

CategoryElectric Kettles