Kogan 1800W Portable Induction Cooker KAINDCOKERA

MPN: KAINDCOKERA

4 questions from our users

halls88

halls88asked

When posted on only get 88 on display. Put pan on and get E3. No matter which pan I try??

Ian C
Ian C

Hi. E3 means voltage is too high but I think you've mixed up the steps as I'm not aware of where the voltage would be 260v or higher. Try putting the compatible flat magnetic pan on first then switching the power on. When you get the 88 light then choose the power setting down or up arrow to select the temperature that you want. Good luck. If it doesn't work then call Kogan support number.

JTaylor
JTaylor

Ian C's answer pretty much covers it. You want to make sure that your pan is magnetic. If it won't let you select a power setting it may well have a fault.

Grahamasked

Will this work ok with a heavy 30cm (24cm base) cast iron skillet ? What is the plug 10 amp or 15 ?

Hi Graham,

The total weight of the pan and loaded food should not exceed 4kg.

We recommend using a pan that has flat surface close to the induction hub, i.e, 10" to 12"(25.5cm to 30.5cm).

You can also have a quick read of this page: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2247843/induction-cooktop-burner-and-pot-size-matching. It has some helpful tips about burner and pot matching.

It has 10A plug.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

A. Elliott

As Kogan stated, a 10amp plug. My cast iron skillet works well. On high heat the cast iron will become very hot. You may get a warning light if you use the pan on high for an extended period. It's ok on lower settings. The error isn't the Hotplate it is the cast iron heating up against the ceramic top. It's not a serious problem

Graham

My 12 inch skillet is 3.8 kg and only 9'' on the bottom , i do however have a stainless steel pan that is 10.5'' (26.6 cm) which fits in that range , also possibly a stockpot. So perhaps it could be worth it for those two items. The manual states that cast iron pots and pans are suitable but at 10'' to 12'' they would surely be very close or over 4 kg's , especially with food in them.

Thank you for your replies.

Jules Qld

Jules Qldasked

Hi there, could u pls advise the actual cooking surface of the Kogan portable induction stove top?
Regards Julie biggar

Barbara
Barbara

Flat & easy to clean. hope this is what u needed to know

A. Elliott

The cooking surface is a ceramic surface, black in colour. The heating area is approx 19-20 cm diameter circle. I use mine daily and it seems good value for the price. If you choose to cook at a very high heat for a lengthy period, 20 mins on highest heat the warning light will beep that the surface is too hot. I have cooked at lower heats using my pressure cooker for extended periods with no problem. I have another induction portable cooktop that was double the price. It's double the weight and bulkier. I prefer the Kogan for travel due to its more compact size..
Both cookers have a 20cm cooking area. It may not be the best induction cooker on the market but for the price it seems the best value and does all I want it to do.

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your question.

The induction cooker has a ceramic hotplate.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

vln

vlnasked

Do u have a portable flex induction cookers? If so, can it fit large frypan + saucepan simultaneously?

Hi vln,

Thanks for your question.

We have one induction cooler listed at this stage which can be found at the following link:

The glass cooktop is 28 x 28 cm, and is designed for use with one pan.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate in getting in touch with our friendly team ion 1300 304 292.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives