Kogan Full HD LED SmarterTV (40")

Kogan Full HD LED SmarterTV (40")

MPN: KALED40QF7000SKA

1.6

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality

DissappointedPerth

CRAP - CRAP - CRAP ...

I totally concur with every 1 star comment previously reported on Kogan's product and service. They are bug ridden pieces of junk that fully deserve the cheap price tag - so pay peanuts and don't expect anything great! Asking the service about how to fix a frustrating problem, like getting the virtual keyboard to open, was like asking a mossy rock "how to spell rock" - NFI !!! Because of this poor quality and level of servcie, have forgone ALL future purchases of TVs from Kogan. Bought a fantastic new SONY instead - twice the price but a way better decision in the end SINCE IT ACTUALLY WORKS - UNLIKE KOGAN's JUNK :D

Purchased in December 2019 at Kogan.com for A$319.99.

Rachael L

Rachael LSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s meh

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great tv, but there are a few things that I hate about it. No Netflix is on there and it was there before. The tv turns itself off and on. I wished I never bought it. I am now trying to get rid of it as it’s annoying the hell outta me. Glad I have a 4K Apple TV to watch from instead. The smart tv sucks!!

Purchased in October 2019 for A$339.00.

What a joke

TV worked for a few weeks then completely shut down and is now stuck on the Kogan logo have searched every inch of the internet for trouble shooting and no reliable help. Will never buy from Kogan again.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$400.00.

Full HD TVs

Find out how Kogan Full HD LED SmarterTV (40") compares to other Full HD TVs

Carolyn K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting TV, Disgusting service from Kogan.

This TV will not let you use the Netflix, Foxtel now or the Amazon Apps. The reason from Kogan is that the TV is not compatible with these APPS. Why did I buy it then? There was nothing said about this when I purchased the TV. It should have been outlined in the specifications of the tv. Chromecast works intermittently, and the TV turns itself off. I don't want an exchange unit, I want my money back, and for them to take it back. I know I will get their standard response,as everyone else in here has. DON'T BUY THIS TV, or any other TV from Kogan, even if it;s just because of their pathetic customer service. I will be cancelling my paypal payment.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$321.00.

Carolyn K.

Stock standard response, as expected. Your emails are not helping, as you are denying any thing is wrong.

MissPixiePerth, WA

Dont waste your money

Very disappointed with this TV. As others have said, seems to have a mind of its own. Most of the time it doesnt chromecast. (One of the main reasons I bought this TV. ) Wont turn on sometimes. Remote is also dodgy. A chromecast turned up unrequested from Kogan, soon after I purchased the TV, so I guess they are well aware it doesnt work properly. Will not be purchasing another from them when this one expires, which wont be long going by other reviews.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$399.00.

sb

sbMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It is cheap and doesn't work properly

It is a cheap product, it arrived on time and it was easy to assemble. The product itself sadly doesn't perform well... it works when it wants, I have had endless amount of issues with it. It can't perform the basic things, ie built in Chromecast doesn't work, could not download apps that I have on my phone and tablet to TV, like for some reason I can't download Netflix... useless as built in Chromecast doesn't work, and I bought a brand new google chrome cast, works on a friends TV, doesn't work on Kogan TV... nothing is working. It takes forever to getting any form of support too!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$349.99.

Ihatekogan

IhatekoganMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

You get what you pay for

The TV from day one never worked properly for example:
1. Would turn on by itself
2. Inbuilt Chromecast would not connect to external compatible devices
3. Would not turn on, had to turn power off then on again to use it
4. Customer service was a joke first interaction with Kogan they told me I would get a refund if I sent it back, which I have but now they are saying that they have to send it away to be assessed.
5. Kogan have admitted via email that they have experienced similar issues with their brand of tv's and we as customers have to accept that the tv may need to be repaired.

Do not waste your money on their inferior brand spend the extra $200 or so and buy a decent brand with a decent return policy.

Never again Kogan!

Purchased in September 2019 at Kogan for A$350.00.

Alfia

AlfiaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Enjoying our product

Our family loves this smart TV. Great picture and lots of functions. Loving the connectivity features available. Great picture and colors are bright. Good volumes. We love to also watch videos through USB compatability

Purchased in March 2019.

Curt

CurtVIC, 3044

What an absolute piece of garbage

Shows up 5 days late and damaged. This TV is by far the worst item I have ever bought. It is a TV with chromecast built in that can't be casted to. You can't install the netflix or amazon prime video app, which means it is completely useless. Kogan's solution is to use a seperate chromecast to cast to the tv that is meant to have chromecast built in. That is not a solution. I will be taking this to the ACCC if kogan doesn't refund me for this worthless TV.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kogan.com for A$448.00.

Full HD TVs

Find out how Kogan Full HD LED SmarterTV (40") compares to other Full HD TVs

Kushy

KushyPerth, WA

Disappointing android based TV.

In TV mode very slow to react when making volume changes and also causes very bad voice synchronization. Switching from channel 91 to 90 causes a doubling of volume. Channel switching sometimes causes delays. Only single channel guide at any one time, i.e. no dual channels guide. Have to resynchronise bluetooth devices again if power is interrupted.
In web view, not all apps work and the ones I hoped to access are not available or not working. Freeview app not available as well. Have to use Chromecast which works reasonably well. Does not go back to where you finished watching. Have to search and put up with the advertisements again.

Amy

AmyPerth, WA

Advertised features, are missing, but Kogan says "it is out of their control"

Date PurchasedDec 2018