Kogan Mobile Broadband

Kogan Mobile Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (67%) · No (33%)

Bee

BeeSydney, NSW

Kogan rocks!

Having written a bad review about Optus home wireless broadband in the past, I thought I should compliment Kogan. I've had Kogan wireless broadband at home for about 16 months. It's about a third the price of my previous useless Optus wireless broadband and so far is close to perfect. Good work Kogan!

Data TypeCapped Data

Rubbish Internet Speed and Little to no Bars!

Extremely slow mobile internet speeds... To the point where you can't even use it. Paying money for a service that is pretty much useless. Poor reception. Yep you've lost a customer kogan.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Keith

Keith

Great service Broadband

Very reliable, great prices and good speeds. The only problem i have a few times a week the Internet drops out but this is not the fault of Kogan this is the fault of the NBN.
Kogan broadband beats the hell out of my old Telco company which was Telstra which told me I had to turn my microwave off if I wanted to use my Internet.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

usable at in evenings ridiculous

I cannot describe how bad it is. If you wish to use your mobile Internet between 6 o’clock and 10 o’clock of an evening I hope you got a lot of time on your hands and patience

Adequate Speeds No

jessiepaenga

jessiepaengaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty Good

I purchased a 12 mth 40 gig mobile with unlimited national calls and sms on sale for $312. Really good value. On a previous plan they increased my quota by 25% for free and without notification. I thought that was cool. I've no complaints about customer service. The only down side is u have to purchase credit to call overseas and the roaming charges are expensive. Other than that a good service all round.

Start DateJanuary 2017

SymmySydney, NSW

Faulty sim card despite being replaced. Unhelpful call centre

Stay away from Kogan mobile. I bought two sim cards and after failing to activate them, reached out to the contact centre for over an hour and a day later only to be informed the sim cards are faulty. Received only one sim card replacement today and guess what? Faulty too!!! Ended up with no working Sim and wasted vouchers.

Symmy

Still waiting on the faulty sim replacement which never arrive.

Ms vee

Ms veeVictoria

Good company

I’m very happy. Kogan is the only company that rewards existing customers. Twice I got an SMS letting know know I got an extra 5GB for free. No catches! I will keep on coming back.

Data TypeCapped Data

Internet speeds slow.. But awesome customer service

Got the gold nbn100 unlimited deal.. was unable to get speeds over 30mbps the first 3 weeks
Called every week and customer service was awesome they did their best to help over the next few weeks, even sent out their free modem to double check.. nothing worked and kogan then charged me 2 months worth of service only after 3.5 weeks?? they disconnected due to non payment and promised they'd do their best to get me the service, but only after I paid for a premium service that I did not get.
Guys over the phone were awesome and did their best, but even they knew they could only do so much. Kogan run off the Vodafone network, so if you're in an area where Vodafone is bad, then chances are Kogan won't work for you either.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
RUBAN

RUBANsydney

Kogan Internet

Connection is not too bad, ok to use. Time to time there will be a small internet drop out but it is negligible.

Lee

Leemelbourne

Good value

Kogan is generous with their data limits and low cost. While on VOdafone network, my area suffers from weak 4G signal but 3G is ok. The data was easy to order and the SIM came quick and free in the post. Activation was smooth however you'll need a form of ID for their online database to verify. The service is consistent and I did not notice much service deterioration during the evening peak. I would recommend kogan for price conscious users, those who need lots of data and live in the urban/dense population where there is stronger reception.

James

JamesMelbourne

Kogan Mobile data - better than some, still not the best

Solocat52

Solocat52parkdale

Happy With The Service

Great mobile broadband - fast fast fast Its over 50mbps most of the time and completely beats by home broadband. I use it on the road and as a back up for any home outages. I would like to use it permanently but that would cost too much. Its good!

MangoM

MangoMMelbourne

Generous data inclusions

The mobile broadband data is about the best and most generous I can find IF you fall within their 4G towers area. Works beautifully for me in metro melbourne - not so great when I travel to country towns.

Serton1

Serton1Richmond

Good speedy srevice

Got a Vodafone mobile broadband that came with a free sim and free GBs so I activated it to use the data. Well well, its actually much faster than my home internet, like SERIOUSLY faster! Over 50mbps and no hiccups. Pretty good!

HoundDoggy

HoundDoggyfootscray

Good 4G service

Hmm reading these reviews it seems there is a big difference between the 4G (happy people) and the NBN (not happy people). I am on Kogan 4G and its great. Gopod value and no problems but I have never needed any customer service so far.

Lemur1

Lemur1Williamstown

Happy with the 4G speed

Getting much better than expected 4G download speeds in Bayside Melbourne - was surprised to discover that Kogan is rebranded Vodafone. It definitely works well and no glitches so far.

The_Troggs

The_TroggsPreston

Excellent value

I am using it right now to write this - it's superb value in terms of dollars per GB compared to the major players. I have had no issues of any kind but then I only use them when its on special (often) Recommended

FootyM8

FootyM8Balwyn

Good Download Speeds

I get good consistent download speeds with Kogan but they don't have as many towers as some of the others. At home - its great and I get ~50mbps but I can lose signal enrireling in the city especially on the train. Good speeds if you are in the right area!

Dr1ver

Dr1verWilliamstown

Cheap to test out

Kogan often run really excellent special to try them out - I am currently flying between states so need to use a mobile Wifi and I have their 23GB sim in it right now. Super convenient and excellent value. Cheap to start with (gets dear if you stay one past the first month)

Piston3

Piston3Melbourne

Good Speed In Cities OK in Country

I get really decent download speeds in the Melbourne but recently spent time in Brisbane and regional Queensland and found it reverted to 3G a lot in the country areas. City speeds however are excellent so I think this is more of a city prefered network.