Kogan Mobile Broadband

usable at in evenings ridiculous

I cannot describe how bad it is. If you wish to use your mobile Internet between 6 o’clock and 10 o’clock of an evening I hope you got a lot of time on your hands and patience

Adequate Speeds No
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeCapped Data
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you to continue to discuss this issue with them directly by calling 1300 056 426 or by dialling 12612 on your Kogan Mobile handset.

Pretty Good

I purchased a 12 mth 40 gig mobile with unlimited national calls and sms on sale for $312. Really good value. On a previous plan they increased my quota by 25% for free and without notification. I thought that was cool. I've no complaints about customer service. The only down side is u have to purchase credit to call overseas and the roaming charges are expensive. Other than that a good service all round.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Adequate Speeds Yes
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data

Faulty sim card despite being replaced. Unhelpful call centre

Stay away from Kogan mobile. I bought two sim cards and after failing to activate them, reached out to the contact centre for over an hour and a day later only to be informed the sim cards are faulty. Received only one sim card replacement today and guess what? Faulty too!!! Ended up with no working Sim and wasted vouchers.

Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. While we appreciate that you have already reached out to our Kogan Mobile Support Team, in order to have this resolved it is best for you contact our Help Desk for assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/Still waiting on the faulty sim replacement which never arrive.

Good company

I’m very happy. Kogan is the only company that rewards existing customers. Twice I got an SMS letting know know I got an extra 5GB for free. No catches! I will keep on coming back.

Adequate Speeds Yes
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data

Internet speeds slow.. But awesome customer service

Got the gold nbn100 unlimited deal.. was unable to get speeds over 30mbps the first 3 weeks
Called every week and customer service was awesome they did their best to help over the next few weeks, even sent out their free modem to double check.. nothing worked and kogan then charged me 2 months worth of service only after 3.5 weeks?? they disconnected due to non payment and promised they'd do their best to get me the service, but only after I paid for a premium service that I did not get.
Guys over the phone were awesome and did their best, but even they knew they could only do so much. Kogan run off the Vodafone network, so if you're in an area where Vodafone is bad, then chances are Kogan won't work for you either.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the product and service you ordered from us. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service and products very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Kogan Internet

Connection is not too bad, ok to use. Time to time there will be a small internet drop out but it is negligible.

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband
Hi Ruban, Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that your product did not arrive in proper working order. Our suppliers work hard to ensure that all our items arrive working as they should be and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. If you have not already, please contact the Kogan Internet Support Team on 1300 010 400 for assistance.

Good value

Kogan is generous with their data limits and low cost. While on VOdafone network, my area suffers from weak 4G signal but 3G is ok. The data was easy to order and the SIM came quick and free in the post. Activation was smooth however you'll need a form of ID for their online database to verify. The service is consistent and I did not notice much service deterioration during the evening peak. I would recommend kogan for price conscious users, those who need lots of data and live in the urban/dense population where there is stronger reception.

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Kogan Mobile data - better than some, still not the best

I swapped from Amaysim after realising that the change by Amaysim to auto-renew a fixed price, prepaid mobile account every 28 days rather than every 30 days means you pay your account 13 times every year, rather than 12 times.

Kogan Internet is provided by Vodaphone and, in my area at least, they are as good as Telstra or Optus.

I selected a large data plan (17 GB), which cost $37/month, but ran out of data in the first month. With streaming now a major part of the online experience, Internet Providers need to become much more generous with their data allowances. I renewed early and swapped to a 32 GB plan, which costs $50/month. I should have researched more before making the change, because I have subsequently discovered another provider offering 50 GB/month for the same price (Ovo). At least I'm not locked into a contract, so ai will swap again if data allowance continues to be a problem.

Happy With The Service

Great mobile broadband - fast fast fast Its over 50mbps most of the time and completely beats by home broadband. I use it on the road and as a back up for any home outages. I would like to use it permanently but that would cost too much. Its good!

Generous data inclusions

The mobile broadband data is about the best and most generous I can find IF you fall within their 4G towers area. Works beautifully for me in metro melbourne - not so great when I travel to country towns.

Good speedy srevice

Got a Vodafone mobile broadband that came with a free sim and free GBs so I activated it to use the data. Well well, its actually much faster than my home internet, like SERIOUSLY faster! Over 50mbps and no hiccups. Pretty good!

Good 4G service

Hmm reading these reviews it seems there is a big difference between the 4G (happy people) and the NBN (not happy people). I am on Kogan 4G and its great. Gopod value and no problems but I have never needed any customer service so far.

Happy with the 4G speed

Getting much better than expected 4G download speeds in Bayside Melbourne - was surprised to discover that Kogan is rebranded Vodafone. It definitely works well and no glitches so far.

Excellent value

I am using it right now to write this - it's superb value in terms of dollars per GB compared to the major players. I have had no issues of any kind but then I only use them when its on special (often) Recommended

Good Download Speeds

I get good consistent download speeds with Kogan but they don't have as many towers as some of the others. At home - its great and I get ~50mbps but I can lose signal enrireling in the city especially on the train. Good speeds if you are in the right area!

Cheap to test out

Kogan often run really excellent special to try them out - I am currently flying between states so need to use a mobile Wifi and I have their 23GB sim in it right now. Super convenient and excellent value. Cheap to start with (gets dear if you stay one past the first month)

Good Speed In Cities OK in Country

I get really decent download speeds in the Melbourne but recently spent time in Brisbane and regional Queensland and found it reverted to 3G a lot in the country areas. City speeds however are excellent so I think this is more of a city prefered network.

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Good value internet on the go

As a renter I am limited in my choices for internet and am forced to use $G broadband. I shop around for the cheapest deal and Kogan are regularly the best equation - dollar versus value. I gets good speed and a solid connection,. Happy with them

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Good experience - fast customer support

Had a good support experience with Kogan internet. I had a fault 4G SIM and I though "here we go" when I rang the customer service line but they were actually excellent - sent a new SIM out ASAP and transferred me over. Worked perfectly and has been going good ever since. Fast internet & good service!

Just signed up again

I was very impressed with my last Kogan 4G trial - I was getting up tp 60 mbps and a very stable connection in the Melbourne burbs. They have a new special on, so I signed back up - its Vodafone powered but its actually pretty good.