Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband

3.1

• Adequate Speeds Yes (78%) · No (22%)

Worst costumer service.

Tried using Spintel's mobile sim plans as they are cheaper but the costumer service is the worst. My balance should have restarted 1st of the month but after 2 days I still don't have anything-which is a massive hassle since I use my phone for work as well. Tried calling their costumer service but the line was so bad since they are sourcing their manpower overseas. Instead of trying to call me back, they just hang up on me and didnt bother contacting me again. Definitely will transfer to a different provider asap.

Start DateMay 2020
Lloyd

LloydPerth, WA

It's reliable with great customer support

I've been happy with the spintel mobile broadband service. I have had a dropout but Carol from customer service helped me to get back online. IMHO, the speed of the service is great, especially the uploads. This saves me the hassles of getting a fixed line broadband service.

Start DateNovember 2019

It was really fantastic.

It was really good experience to talk with the counsellor. She was perfect and I am really satisfied that service. I will keep Spintel mobile next time and recommend to other people.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Spintel Mobile Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Ahmed A.

Ahmed A.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay far far away

Crappy service. No customer service. Be aware of the billing you when you haven't even received your service. Never ever..got a pretty good deal with Amaysim.

Charged me $ 20 for antennas which were meant to come with the hardware

Start DateApril 2020
SJlegals

SJlegalsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Spinel

It is reliable and has improved weekly. The fact that 2 weeks ago I was on hold for 3 hours and today for 3 minutes is impressive. It demonstrates growth with customer support.

Start DateMay 2020
Contract Type24-month contract

Julie F.

Julie F.Murray Mallee, SA

It has literally changed our lives for the better!

Loving my new Telco mobile phone provider Spin Tel!!!! We can even talk on our mobile inside the house now and have three bars!!! We had had issues for over 20 years at our location, now it's fabulous!! Woooo hooo... Plus its 1/3rd of the price and 3 X more data!!! I can highly recommend it!! Contacting SpinTel is a breeze and you talk to a person not to all! They are polite, helpful, understanding and give accurate advise. I can't thank you guys enough, it has literally changed our lives!!

The worst.

They will not allow you to close your account without first taking far more than necessary of your money. Despite moving mobile plans, they continue to charge me and I cannot resolve the issue. The only way to cancel is to call their helpline, which is never running. Massive scam.

Ollie Hermans

Ollie HermansGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely rubbish internet, and terrible service. Also, no termination fees is a lie.

Service drops out all the time
Call centre is terrible, long wait times, no resolutions
They say there are no termination fees, but we try to leave and get charged around $225

Start DateFebruary 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data

Great until the equipment stops working

Start DateAugust 2019
Internet Service Providers

Works great! Great service.

No drop outs. I found I was able get help quickly when I needed it. I am elderly and not easily assisted but the perseverance of on line helpers was absolutely amazing. They persisted and I now have everything working so well!

Run away

Wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy. It drops out on average 5 times a day. You can’t use more than one device on it or it will not work. I live next to an Optus tower so there is no excuse. They will also charge you an extra $15 EVERY MONTH on top of the ridiculously overpriced cost that it already is, because of the transaction not going through although there is funds in your account and you have explained that you will pay manually for this reason. Yet every month they charge $15 and make you wait on hold for 2 hours. Run away from this company. My house doesn’t have nbn or broadband yet or else I’d not be using it.

Data TypeCapped Data

Bad business practise, avoid at all costs

We had been with spintel for a year on the 4G 250GB/month mobile broadband plan and recently needed to cancel due to moving property. They put us on hold for hours and while we were in the queue, our number went up as well e.g. 14 to 15 then 14 then 15 etc. Spintel attempts to prevent you from cancelling at all costs which I believe is a terrible if not illegal business practise. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

Start DateApril 2019
andrew z.

andrew z.Sydney, NSW

Crap internet connection,

Crap internet connection,i don't have internet for few weeks and i called then few time i want cancel it but they ignore me and continue take money from my account ,it's rip off

Start DateApril 2018

Generally satisfactory

Connection dropped out.
Aside from the call delay Julieto was very helpfull and the problem was fixed.
Very satisfied, he talked me through the systems in a way an ignorant person could understand.

cut off my service

cut off my service because I made too many calls during covid19 when i was in lock down and working from home
extremely terrible customer service
was a loyal customer for 20 months
absolutely no incentive to stay
do not join

danielSydney, NSW

Pattern of incompetence

Start DateNovember 2018
daniel

How to deliver excellent help and resolving loss of broadband.

Fred was extremely patient and professional> He led me thru stuff I would not have clue about in order to get my connection to the broadband which was broken, apparently by maintenance.
I could not have had a better helper and would recommend him highly as a fantastic member of your team.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Huan

HuanSydney, NSW

Easy connection, wireless, goes with you if you move.

I recently lost internet connection, technical support is really good. You don’t need to wait on the phone, they will call you back. The staff are very patient and helpful, my issue was fixed over the phone.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Contract Type6-month contract
Stefan S.

Stefan S.

Very good customer service. Product is very good

no nbn was available so i chose broadband internet, speed was ok never has any issues the customer service team is very nice and helpful. I am leaving because nbn is now available

Start DateMay 2019
Amber

AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing customer service and support team

Reception is spotty but very affordable and worth it. Best support staff I have had the pleasure of being in contact with and very understanding of my situation with the current virus.

Karebear3asked

Mobile Broadband

Hello, I have been with Telstra for years and am quite frankly fed up with them. Would I get better service by going with Spintel. I am looking at a dongle, no contract, 5Gb+and live in Cunningham Qld. Thank you for any info I can get. C Coles

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Karebear,
Kindly request you to provide the full address so that we can check our coverage for the Mobile Broadband service.

Regards!
Anoop

Evadne
Evadne

Hello, Of course I cannot promise anything, but I was with Tellstra a long time and found their service to be very bad. I had Spintel when I lived in Tweed Heads, now in Victoria, I have found that they are pretty good at fixing any of my crashes, not that I have many. It is fairly safe to say that Spintel will give you better and quicker service than Telstra and, at a lower cost. Good Luck!

Thank you. Very Helpful.

Brian P

Brian Pasked

Mobile Broadband

Are you Optus or Telstra?

Arthur R.
Arthur R.

Spintel is on the Optus system

Con G.SpinTel

Hi Brian, we use the Optus 4G Plus network for our mobile broadband service.

Thanks CG

John

Johnasked

Mobile Broadband

Hello..I am still waiting for my $100 you took from my credit card.

Still no return phone call, call back or email from anyone at Spintel.

Fast too charge me, then knock me back due too Credit Rating but still my money is in your pockets. any help?

john

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Account Number: NA
Ticket ID: 1694468
Subject: Re: SpinTel Customer Reference #152552 - Credit check fail
Department: Orders
Type: Issue
Status: Open
Priority: Normal

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at: https://service.spintel.net.au/index.php?/Autologin/TicketLogin/ViewTicket/040vcydqahktq43eas/

Kind regards,

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi John,

We checked your account with the SpinTel and we couldn't find any Payments received from your account/card.

Could you please send your account/card statement which shows the money has been debited from your account to complaints@spintel.net.au so that we can action further.

Regards
Anoop
SpinTel Complaints Team

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Other Internet Service Providers