L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

500 Medium Brown, 300 Darkest Brown, 535 Chocolate, etc... (See All)
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by L'Oreal Paris

Pros

Ammonia-free
Semi-permanent and lasts up to 28 washes
Leaves hair looking shiny

Cons

Contains peroxide

Christos
ChristosNew South Wales

Covered my new Ash half-head highlights

Purchased in at Kmart Retail Stores for $12.

Ease of Application

New and improved version is much too dark

I have used the amber semi permanent colour for a couple of years and was thrilled to find a semi permanent colour that suited me. However the 'new improved' version is far too dark and hair is not as glossy as it used to be.The end result does not match the colour indicated on the box, but it did before you changed it. I have now got to search again to find the perfect colour. Why on earth did you change a good product? Very disappointed.

I won't get any other hair dye, but the packaging comes with one fault

Louise S.
Louise S.Sydney, NSW

Chestnut not amber

I'm a natural redhead with some grey. This product is not recommended. Instead of the amber colour shown, it came out a brown chestnut colour and did not fully cover the grey roots around my face. Very disappointed as the packet colour was exactly what I wanted.

Purchased in at 99 Bikes NSW, Stanmore for $19.99.

berney01
berney01Melbourne

Why change when not broke!! Casting 700 dark blonde NOT what it used to be!!

I have always used this product for years, but hadn't used since covid with lockdowns etc etc for about 2 years as not going anywhere. Bought new colour to brighten hair for Christmas found everything has changed? Why have you changed the formula, its deceiving when you still advertise as the same colour? Well no, it no longer covers grey? No longer (beeswax?) leaves your hair shiny and manageable, now flat and dull and much darker than dark blonde, its dull brown? Also hard to follow the changed instructions! looking for a new brand very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets for $16.99.

700 Dark Blonde is no longer what it was - Expect Very Dark Brown

Purchased in at Aussie Pharma Direct for $10.

Gilded W.
Gilded W.

Red tinge won't go away!

It was a lovely rich colour, but it's a pity so much comes out when you wash. It would stain my towel each wash (but at least that washed out easily).

It has also stuck around longer than expected-- I dyed my hair in July or August; it is now a week into October and I have still got red tinged hair. I can see the root regrowth. So much for 28 days wash out!

I'm not sure why it is lasting, omeyimes I even wash my hair twice a day!

Purchased in for $10.

Jacqui
Jacqui

Completely useless

Did absolutely nothing. I followed the instructions exactly, my hair is medium blonde and it didn't lighten at all. I can't see any change in the lightness of my hair.

Purchased in at Woolworths.

Shade D.
Shade D.South-East, TAS

This product performs beautifully and as promised.

I wash my hair about once a week with sulfate and silicone free shampoos, and the colour lasts several months and is true to the colour on the box. My hair remained soft and undamaged after use. I previously used this product and then washed my hair with regular shampoo (containing silicones, sulfates, alcohol etc) and the colour faded out from my hair within a month (washing once a week). This may have also been due to my hair never having been chemically processed and therefore less porous. The dye performed well on my now permed hair and did not seem to cause further damage of any kind. I would recommend this product for those wanting to try new colour shades but unwilling to commit to the care and damage if permanent dye.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $12.99.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Maddie MyersNarrikup

Really great hair colour!

Been using this colour for around 5 years now and love it. My hair is naturally grey/white and the #1021 colours it beautifully and has never damaged my hair which is fairly fine in texture. I get lots of random compliments from strangers so they're not biased. But here's the trick: Leave it on for 35 to 40 minutes, NOT the 15 the package says!!! I don't think it would colour well over dark hair.
I wash my hair every 2 to 3 days and the colour fades gracefully after about a month.

Purchased for $15.

Ease of Application

It does not come off after 28 washes. I am stuck with this Color.

It does not come off after 28 washes. I am stuck with this Color. Please do not misguide people by advertising it as semi permanent and comes off after 28 washes. It’s been two months and I have washed my hair much more than 36 times.

Find out how L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss compares to other Hair Dyes

What happened to the beeswax conditioner?

Disappointing that the beeswax conditioner has been replaced by a coconut cream conditioner that leaves hair DULL and such a TANGLED MESS it is difficult to comb out. The beeswax conditioner left hair beautiful and shiny. Are you bringing the beeswax conditioner back, or should I look for another product?

Prior Hair Colour Brown
KrofnaLady

Weird static hair after application but otherwise not a bad hair dye

Purchased in for $12.

KrofnaLady

It may in fact be the Argan Oil that makes the hair static though. Not 100% sure. I did apply both in the same hour so I can't tell yet what is doing it...

Cratsky
CratskySydney, NSW

Tried to tone orange out of level 7 brown highlights

My hair is shiny and soft after colouring. The orange is slightly toned out but I am pairing it with a blue shampoo to get it where I want. There is a sizeable amount of conditioner left over for ongoing maintenance. Very easy to apply as the creme prevents dripping and even saturation. Make sure you use a rat tail comb to section your hair to ensure you get to the roots all over.

I removed a star because it did slightly lighten the roots even though it says it doesn't. I have highlights through black hair and the black hair is noticeably slightly lighter after colouring.

Purchased in for $15.99.

Darker than expected

I coloured my natural medium brown hair, leaving it on for 20 minutes. It did a good job at covering my grey hairs, didn't stain, but the hair colour is visibly darker. I hope it washes out

Purchased in at Supermarket.

Fabulous!

I used Light Brown 600, it came as a very lovely, natural looking, rich brown colour. Very smooth and shiny too. I'm loving it! And despite the other reviews, the new hazelnut conditioner made my hair look healthy, sleek and shiny. The smell really isn't that bad in my opinion. Overall, super happy and I had lots of positive comments about my hair. I wish I used it sooner.

Mich
MichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not the one in this picture but Silky Blonde 801 is a beautiful colour!

The Silky Blonde 801 is by far the most natural blonde colour without it looking bleached and white nor orange. I have tried other Blonde colours in the Loreal range over the years and this is the nicest colour yet. It leaves your hair feeling soft, silky and is not a strong smell but pleasant scented when applying and afterwards. Love this product and please keep making it forever! I am a dark Blonde to light brown natural hair colour.

Purchased in at Chemist Outlet for $10.

Tina B.
Tina B.asked
L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

I put a platinum Jerome Russel toner on my hairand unfortunately it turned blue. I took the colour down by using b4 and it is now an acceptable pale ash blond. I have bought a Loreal castings cream gloss 1021light pearl blond. Will this help?

Linda
Linda

I’ve used casting for years. It last 3-4 days then immediately begins fading. Colours are only just working again after what I think was about 1 year of bad batches and weaker formulas.

ABC
ABCasked
L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

I have used the chocolate colour on my hair but it is too red for my liking. How soon can I apply no 600 to my hair? I hate my colour now and can't wait to change it.

Rusan M.
Rusan M.

Can I mix casting creme gloss semi-permanent colours before using if?

Mmcasked
L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

Hi any views on mixing 2 diff colours? Light blonde and dark blonde? Dark blonde turned hair too dark with red tones. Am afraid oearl blonde us too white but curious if u can mix them up??

Mmc

Thanks for ur advice..will share how it goes, once I actually get the colour, it is is short supply in area, assume due to lock down.

Carolyne R.
Carolyne R.

I have been uding welka 12.81 and 40 vol. Its to blonde. Can I use Castings 10.21

See all L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss questions

Get an answer from our members and L'Oreal Paris representatives

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

L’Oreal’s collection of semi-permanent hair dyes covers greys and provides full glossy colour without the use of harsh chemicals such as ammonia. It lasts for up to 28 washes and is available in an array of 21 natural, high shine shades.

Features:

• Lasts for up to 28 washes
  • Natural Caring Conditioner provided which is tailored to your shade
  • Blends away greys
  • Leaves hair full of visible shimmering tones
  • No ammonia for a pleasant smell

What reviewers thought:

Reviewers felt that the shades were slightly misleading and the actual shade ended up being darker than advertised. However, the product is soft on the hair and skin, leading to minimal irritation.

Compare all 35 L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss