L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

500 Medium Brown, 535 Chocolate, 300 Darkest Brown, etc...

Pros

• Ammonia-free

• Semi-permanent and lasts up to 28 washes

• Leaves hair looking shiny

Cons

• Contains peroxide

What happened to the beeswax conditioner?

Disappointing that the beeswax conditioner has been replaced by a coconut cream conditioner that leaves hair DULL and such a TANGLED MESS it is difficult to comb out. The beeswax conditioner left hair beautiful and shiny. Are you bringing the beeswax conditioner back, or should I look for another product?

Prior Hair ColourBrown

KrofnaLady

Weird static hair after application but otherwise not a bad hair dye

Purchased in December 2020 for $12.00.

KrofnaLady

It may in fact be the Argan Oil that makes the hair static though. Not 100% sure. I did apply both in the same hour so I can't tell yet what is doing it...

Cratsky

CratskySydney, NSW

Tried to tone orange out of level 7 brown highlights

My hair is shiny and soft after colouring. The orange is slightly toned out but I am pairing it with a blue shampoo to get it where I want. There is a sizeable amount of conditioner left over for ongoing maintenance. Very easy to apply as the creme prevents dripping and even saturation. Make sure you use a rat tail comb to section your hair to ensure you get to the roots all over.

I removed a star because it did slightly lighten the roots even though it says it doesn't. I have highlights through black hair and the black hair is noticeably slightly lighter after colouring.

Purchased in December 2020 for $15.99.

Darker than expected

I coloured my natural medium brown hair, leaving it on for 20 minutes. It did a good job at covering my grey hairs, didn't stain, but the hair colour is visibly darker. I hope it washes out

Purchased in November 2020 at Supermarket.

Fabulous!

I used Light Brown 600, it came as a very lovely, natural looking, rich brown colour. Very smooth and shiny too. I'm loving it! And despite the other reviews, the new hazelnut conditioner made my hair look healthy, sleek and shiny. The smell really isn't that bad in my opinion. Overall, super happy and I had lots of positive comments about my hair. I wish I used it sooner.

Mich

MichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not the one in this picture but Silky Blonde 801 is a beautiful colour!

The Silky Blonde 801 is by far the most natural blonde colour without it looking bleached and white nor orange. I have tried other Blonde colours in the Loreal range over the years and this is the nicest colour yet. It leaves your hair feeling soft, silky and is not a strong smell but pleasant scented when applying and afterwards. Love this product and please keep making it forever! I am a dark Blonde to light brown natural hair colour.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Outlet for $10.00.

Anna K

Anna KMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy with the product

Love the product and am a happy user. Google reasons why colour doesn't take to hair, you'll understand. It's a very common problem. Some hair types are resistant to colours, hair pigments, excessive overuse of hair dyes etc. So you can't always blame the product. Also the colour takes better if washing hair a day or two prior. In addition prepare hair before with protein conditioning treatment.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Caz1310

Caz1310Melbourne

Auburn not Amber 645

Fortunately I like dark red hair - that's what the 2 stars are for. This is what I ended up with. Absolutely nowhere near amber. The product was super easy to use and my hair is in great condition.

Purchased for $15.00.

Kerri C.

Kerri C.Sydney, NSW

Colour same as shown on box

Use this on my med-long hair that I had been getting blonde foils in for most of my life. Felt like a change as I hadn’t done my foils for over 12mths and they had grown out and my hair looked horrible. Colour is beautiful and rich just like shown on the box. The colour is evenly spread even over the blonde left in my hair. Loving my new colour and how much healthier my hair looks

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $15.99.

Find out how L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss compares to other Hair Dyes

Didnt make a difference!!

Absolutely disgusted with this product did as it said & when I rinsed it out was no different to before the color didn't take at all. Won't be using again. Won't recommend ever no.

Purchased in May 2020 for $6.80.

Didn’t work at all

Did not change the colour of my hair at all and I used it exactly as instructed, my hair naturally is a darker blonde so it should have worked, it was a complete waste of money

Purchased in March 2020 at Superdrug.

Awful

I have my hair professionally coloured -2shades of blonde and one brown every six weeks. Due to lockdown I have bad roots - fancied a temp change so tried Black Cherry thinking it would come out pinkish on the blonde bits. Strangely it did come out very dark in places and brown in others. Hair looks horribly dull though and I can hardly get a brush through it. V disappointing as I've used Castings in the best with lovely results- won't be using it again:(

Purchased in April 2020.

Michelle1180

Michelle1180Perth, WA

Misleading for some

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Elise I.

Elise I.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Great results

The colour lasts in tone for 5 to 6 weeks.
I wash my hair three times a week.
It will stain if you do not emosify the hairline when washing it. I put paw paw ointment on my hairline to prevent staining.

Purchased in February 2020 for $15.00.

GiftBaskets Joy

GiftBaskets JoySydney, NSW

lovely colour

like it how it does not damage my hair the colour is beautiful would suit most people as the colour looks very natural. Easy to apply. Smells nice would repurchase

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $15.00.

Didn’t work well

I used this on my hair, kept it for 25 minutes to be sure it would work and was so disappointed by the result. Didn’t work well at all. It didn’t cover the grey areas and I am never wasting my money on it again.

Purchased in February 2020 for $10.00.

Red to Dark Brown

I recently dyed my red hair with 645 to even out some brassy roots which resulted from stripping out a previous colour. I have used this colour previously and for this exact same purpose. This new formula turned my red hair a warm but dark brown. This product is completely ridiculous and totally misleading.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W.

Prior Hair ColourRed

Followed the instructions, and it did absolutely nothing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Countdown NZ for $14.00.

unhappy
unhappy

the first image is before, the second is after.

Uselessly

It is not the same colour as it shows on the box and left my hair feeling dry and knotty. Has quite a bright red colour on the box, turns out really dark brown with a very slight red tinge.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $15.00.

Karie

KariePerth

Why do I have to buy it cheaper online?

1. I can buy this product online for $8.00 at Woolworths or Coles
2. I dont like to shop online prefer the in store experience
3. So therefore I feel discriminated against
Why dont the store offer shoppers like me the same discount?

Only buy when on special $8.00 or $16.00 normal price

Been using this product for many years ...looks like I will have to change

Purchased in September 2019.