L'Oreal Excellence Crème

9.1 Light Ash Blonde, 01 Very Light Natural Blonde, 8.1 Ash Blonde, etc... (See All)
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by L'Oreal Paris

Never buy again!

I had a light hair colour, bought an amber and went for dark brown. Never will buy Loreal. But never. Sad experience when in 1,5 month i have my wedding , so this colour changed my hair and my image.

PossQueensland

Heart ache over the results

As most of the other comments say, don’t bother with this dye. It is a completely different shade to the box description even on light hair. I now have completely uneven hair colour & was coloured on my natural hair.

Purchased in at Woolworths Physical store for $18.

Horrible in every way

I forgot my box of the other brand at home and bought this; it was awful. First, the liquid is so runny that it made the cream turn runny and unmanageable. It was a complete mess, hard to put on, and hard to keep on. The colour is flat and lacks depth . It looks like a box colour. I am really unhappy with this product. It stinks.

Purchased in for $11.99.

Formula has changed

8G has ALWAYS covered the gray beautifully. This last box (which now says New Look) did not cover the gray at all. Nothing. Very disappointing. Aftr years of use I will now look for another product.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde

Deb
DebWestern Australia

Gloves for midgets

I have used this product for many years as I love the colour. It doesn’t last very long though and lately, what is with the gloves?? I don’t have large hands but I struggle to get them on to the point of ripping them off half way out of frustration!!! I coloured my hair using bare hands and rinsing regularly…not great!

Ease of Application

Totally ruined my husbands hair colour to a dark grey

Always used loreal 9.1 excellence on my husbands hair always look blond tried 9.1 preference loreal totally ruined my husbands colour to a dark grey ..not what I expected .. returning the other two I bought ...totally disappointed.

Purchased at eBay for $10.

Mimio
MimioTownsville

Great product! but poor support material

This hair dye is such a terrific product BUT they've changed the gloves, some time ago and made them for people with skeleton thin fingers. I have small hands and long slender fingers and the middle three fingers don't fit - they get three quarters on and then can't get them off without turning inside out which renders them useless for the second application once your roots are done. Come on Loreal - put out for decent gloves - they used to be excellent latex - now rubbish plastic which don't even fit slim fingers.

Purchased in at Coles for $14.

Ease of Application

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
freddo
freddo

Colour faded within 2 weeks to expensive

Colour fades quickly very expensive for a mediocre hair colour shampoo 5 times and the colour is gone for $20 I expected better it should cost no more than $8

Purchased in at Coles for $20.

Ease of Application

It Doesn't Drip At All--I Love It!!

The Excellence Creme for me is the best. The first very important thing--it DOESN'T drip. I HATE THAT! [I normally use another high-priced competitor.] Covers all my gray great. Lasts for about 3 to 4 months. Makes my hair soft. So far, it is the closest Light Brown to my natural color. It did come out a little darker than the picture. It does leave brown stains on my face around the coloring area; but just buy a product called: ROUX CleanTouch Haircolor Stain Remover. CAUTION TO THE WIND: DO NOT use Loreal Preference--it is a water-based liquid and drips all over the place. Thank you

Purchased in for $8.

Kathy
KathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Gloves made for a child!

Really?! Child size gloves?! The cheapest yet most frustrating part of the product and you choose to size them for a child? Seriously incredibly frustrating trying to squeeze hand in, rip a glove them race around the house trying to find spare cleaning gloves. Just exhausting. Don’t waste your time.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $15.

Ease of Application

No trouble at all on grey-white hair

I usually go a salon, but with COVID her in Australia, the waiting list is months. I have not box coloured in years....no problem here. Easy to follow instructions, easy to mix ingredients, easy all around. Waited the appropriate time, gave it a wash...absolutely no issues!
Not sure why everyone else appears to be having dramas. My experience was exactly what I expected. Perhaps this is all about expectation? If you want salon results- go to a salon. That's NOT what this is and comparing the two is completely unrealistic.
I'm happy :-))

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets.

Can live without its

Put in on light blond hair hair and it went dark brown. Never again
Worst hair dye ever used. Going bean to another brand I use and trust. I give it a zero out of ten.

Gloves

The glove sizes really need looking in to, way too small and split when using them, leaving dyed hands which is very hard to remove. For the price of the product better gloves should be provided

Purchased in for $22.50.

A good hair colour

The hair colour is easy to use and covers well.
However the stink was awful, to the point I could taste it with a bathroom window open. I have never smelt anything like it before from a hair colour.
With the smell I won't be using this product again.

Deanne
DeanneRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Turned my hair greyish blue

I am salon blonde now. I used to dye my hair with a 10 or 11... my natural regrowth is grey/white. I used this product and my regrowth is greyish blue... very disappointed... why? Says it 100% covers grey?

Purchased in at Coles Online for $12.