L'Oreal Excellence Crème

Great home dye, good natural colour.

The 8.1 Naural Ash Blonde is just that .... looks natural. I don't know if they've changed the composition but the last few times I used it, it doesn't last much longer than a couple of weeks on the 'new' grey hair growth, OK on the rest. Also the plastic gloves were for tiny hands and I couldn't use them. Wasn't the case in the past.

Purchased in April 2021.

Don't do it

About twice a year I put in a very light blonde just to even it out my grey. I decided to pay a bit more and now have a very dark blueish grey tone, absolutely horrible

Purchased in May 2021 at CountDown Deals for $25.59.

Daynad33North Queensland, QLD

The gloves are rubbish & broke & the dye stained my hands.

I have brought this product the past few Times that I wanted to dye my hair. Each time I’ve had an issue with the size of the Gloves. I am only small however the gloves don’t fit me and consequently split leaving huge black dye stains all over my hands. I called L’Oréal but they were not interested in reimbursing me. The hair dye is a nice product, I like the shampoo sashay as well as the conditioner, colour goes on easy & last an expected amount of time but gloves are rubbish and split.

Purchased for $20.00.

Prior Hair ColourBrown

Colleen James

Colleen JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gloves let this great product down

I really love this product but the gloves are made for children’s hands? So tiny? Tonight I got the mixture ready but couldn’t get the gloves on to use it?

Purchased in March 2021 at Coles Online.

Monique

MoniqueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Grey Coverage not at all!

Followed all instructions to a T on my natural grey hair and come out with tinges of bright horrible reddish colour.
Very dissatisfied!
I now remember why I never bought L’Oreal when I was younger.

Purchased in March 2021 at Woolworths Physical store.

Kim

KimSouth Australia

Absolutely horrible.

Absolutely hate the colour. I had no colour in my hair from dyes. Used the 7.1 to have a more ash colour than brown and colour a few greys and it turned to an orange/red colour. How is that ASH? The grey areas of my hair are now a brighter orange. Would not recommend this product.

Purchased in February 2021 for $12.00.

Ease of Application

Bad experience with one batch

I have used this product for many years with great experience but one box used in Autumn 2020 has caused a much darker band of hair (I only touch up my roots) to appear. I wonder if the wrong tube of colour mix was included it was that different from the previous colour. I notice that L’Oreal are now printing the colour number on the mixer tube. This will literally take a couple of years to grow out.

Purchased for $5.99.

Robyn M G.

Robyn M G.Darwin, NT

I remember why I don’t buy it!!

Love the colour and product. Unfortunately don’t buy it due to the gloves are too small. I think the company needs to consider Aussie customers. I’m 5’8” avg build common.

Purchased in January 2021 for $9.99.

Kelly W.

Kelly W.

Not good anymore

This product causes major colour build up if you colour over already coloured hair. It didn't use to do this. I used light ash brown and my roots are now a light orange colour and the rest of my hair is black.

SamanthaRae123

SamanthaRae123South East Queensland, QLD

Please don’t waste your money.

I purchased Darkest Brown and followed the instructions to the letter. I have a few greys, not many yet enough to see I’m going grey and I require a hair dye. This dye failed to cover them AT ALL. I wasted $20 on a product that doesn’t work at all.

I wish I read reviews here prior however was in a rush and believed with all the marketing L’Oréal was a good brand, how wrong I am.

Save your hard earned money, I recommend you do not buy this product if you wish to cover greys.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for $20.00.

2easy

2easyMurray Mallee, SA

Colour on box did not match resulting colour

I did have medium-dark blonde hair, but needed to cover some pesky greys. So, I used Dark Blonde Excellence Creme and followed instructions precisely. Now I'm dark brown. Not at all happy. Will never use this product again

Purchased in November 2020 for $22.00.

Gay

GaySydney, NSW

Too dark for Light Ash Blonde

I left it on for 20 min as I had used before but it was still very dark. I'm wondering what to use over to go lighter.. any ideas?. I found 9.1 great coverage

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $21.00.

Kylie Y.

Kylie Y.Southwest, VIC

No grey coverage

Was very disappointed with the fact it didn't cover the grey roots also it was extremely dark, my hair turned out basically the same colour and I still now have to cover up my grey hair very disappointed in product feel like that was a waste of time and money.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Online store for $12.00.

Turned My Hair Black

The box states Dark Brown but left my hair black. Not happy, this is not the colour it's supposed to be. Wished I had read some reviews before switching to L'Oreal.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $14.00.

Too dark

Overall I was happy with the way my hair felt after use, however, I was shocked at how dark it is. I was a level 10 blonde now I have really dark blonde hair but it is a cool tone. I'm not happy that the colour is completely different to what it should be.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $12.94.

Marianaxo

Marianaxo

absolutely love this colour on me

I wash my hair once a week and this dye is proving to be a really high quality product which doesn't fade or dry up and kill any hair. I have a slightly sensitive scalp and I noticed this dye didn't irritate it or cause any itching either.

Prior Hair ColourBleached Blonde
Dyed Hair ColourAs advertised

Michelle1180

Michelle1180Perth, WA

Very happy with results!

Purchased in August 2020.

Carrie m.

Carrie m.South East Queensland, QLD

Drab grey

I used this product today and my daughter thought I had dyed it brown ! I did have light blonde hair . What have they done to this product . Very dissatisfied indeed .

Purchased in August 2020 for $17.00.

brijaq

brijaqGippsland, VIC

I was left feeling happier with my winter hair. A real boost.

I used this for the first time on hair that is dry and mostly grey, decided I wanted to leave an area on the top of my hair as a lighter shade, so coloured the lower areas, Was very easy to use and apply, left my hair in good condition with a pleasant ash blonde shade, I am looking to make it slightly darker next time. Used shade 71 this time. Good product, and have used the Jane Fonda range in the past. But will try other shades of this one now.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths.

Michelle1180