L'Oréal Magic Retouch

L'Oréal Magic Retouch

See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for L'Oréal Magic Retouch? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8

Atrocious

I bought to touch up my roots through lock down and as I sprayed it turned my hair ginger i av dyed my hair several times since and it just won’t dye that bit anymore it’s the worse product Iv ever ad ruined my hair I would never recommend it to no one !!

Purchased in for $12.

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaves residue on roots, cannot wash out

Purchased in at Woolworths for $8.

Does Not Wash Out!

DO NOT USE THIS…I have been a supporter for a few years but discovered it DOES NOT WASH OUT!!!! Eight “clarifying” shampoos and hair strands look like spotted snakes. If I scrape my nail down the hair shaft a chunk of dye is under my nail. SO upset! I better not ruin a $300 upcoming salon visit because my hair is speckled with this crap. I have SIX containers that I will never use!

Purchased in .

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Andy
AndySydney, NSW

Never Again

Never again will I use this product. I grabbed a tin after colouring my my hair with a L'Oréal Permanent Colour. I got dressed for work, suit & tie job at a Hospital. As I came out of work, it was very lightly raining, I was in the rain for less than a minute. By the time I got under the awning, my shirt was ruined. The colour ran out immediately, by the time I got home and got my shirt off, I threw it in the wash with a dye removal product, but my shirt was ruined. $90 down the drain for the shirt and $11 for the product that ruined my shirt. Just lucky I didn’t have to go back into the office.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $11.

bubblymSydney Aust, NSW

Life saver

It’s a great idea and works great last long time great coverage of regrowth

Only negative is the blonde a little orange side more than blonde on my hair

Highly recommend

Purchased in for $8.

Marion
MarionGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It has saved me during Coronavirus and no hairdressers. Self esteem is important.

Used on hair roots after each wash, mainly center part. I usually have colour refresh each 6 weeks which is now 12 weeks since last. Thankyou for your wonderful product

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Mary mcquayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful product.

This product left a yellow dusty residue on my hair. My scalp went yellow and I inadvertently sprayed some on my forehead which also turned yellow.
It left my hair feeling gritty and coarse.
The claim that it blends with all blonde shades would be true if your blonde shade is banana .
Horrible product. Don't waste your money.

Purchased in at Priceline for $12.75.

Mary mcquay

Oh and the side effects mentioned above included being mightily peed off.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
N. Aghaie
N. AghaieSydney, NSW

it won't last on your hair

the product gets sprayed to your hair but as soon as you accidentally touch your hair, you will notice all those colors transferred to your hand. so with a single touch its all removed. it won't get even to the stage to remain whole night on your hair to get to your pillow and make your pillow stained or colored. its terrible product for the price. i paid $16 at Price-line and its such a waste.

Purchased in at Priceline for $16.

beauneveIllawarra, NSW

Very Impressed

Started using after various other methods of root coverup between hair salon visits (including a cumbersome crayon stick) proved less than effective or attractive. Learned early on though, as it only comes off after shampooing, that I shouldn’t apply before visiting hairdresser as it appears to have an effect on how my “regrowth touch-up” takes to my root area. You live and learn!!! Choosing the right colour is difficult as the choices are limited so it can be a real trial and error. It’s not cheap so I now stock up when on sale.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $9.

Kalirose
KaliroseGrand Forks

Great product

L'oreal hair root touch up spray is really a nice prouduct,i use it on my roots &it covers nicely.&will stay until you shampoo it out.&its beats having to use chemical hair color to touch up the roots

Lizzylou
LizzylouNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Spray On Hair Color

Unbelievable coverage for a spray in hair color. Remember though, lightly spray as it covers very easy and you need to hold the can at arms length otherwise, it will be way too dark. It is Blonde but a dark blonde. It is made in Light Blonde but unfortunately no-one in Australia seems to sell it. Washes out so the less you need to wash your hair the better although, it will build up over time if you spray it to close but a clarifying shampoo will remove it or a little carb soda in your normal shampoo. It covers every bit as good as the hairdresser color.

Cheryl Smyth
Cheryl SmythQLD, 4051

My go to emergency touch-up

After trying other brands & styles of root touch ups this for me is by fair the best. I do think the colour range is lacking i personally use the Light Blonde but for a blonde it would be just too dark. At first it was`nt easy to apply & after some experimentation i now cover my hand with tissues & spray direct onto a large makeup brush then dab onto my roots.
I find it blends into the roots well with the brush & theres no over spray which looks aweful. Once its dry it stays & stays then washes out easily.

Tori S
Tori S

Handy in a pinch

This is a handy little product if you find yourself caught short and you need to cover roots quickly. It's easy to use, and a little sure goes a long way, but it's easiest when you cover your skin with tissues against the area you wish to spray. It's not just as simple as one quick line along your part, especially if you wear your hair up. The only downside is the hair then feels a bit icky to touch, and it will come on to your fingers if you say, scratch your head. Still it is good for between colours if you don't have the time to dye your roots completely, but nothing compares to freshly dyed and conditioned hair.