L'Oreal Paris Colorista Washout

Blue, Burgundy, Turquoise, etc...

1.4

Still waiting

Still waitingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not wash out, do not recommend for brunettes

This is not a semi permanent color. After +20 washes, color has gone from blue to green and still showing in brunette hair that has never been coloured before. Off to the hair dresser to fix. Do not recommend as does not work as per advice.

Purchased in December 2020 for $16.00.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Didn’t work at all

Used the purple dye and it didn’t leave any colour in at all after waiting 20 mins and rinsing as per instructions. I have one very disappointed 12 year old having spent her Christmas money. Her hair is quite light coloured too and to have had no lasting colour for even a couple of washes - ripped off.

Purchased in December 2020 for $16.95.

Mini

MiniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It doesn't work and the pictures are lying.

I put it on and then when i washed it out. To my disappointment the colour went off although I followed instructions and waited for 15 mins. My hair has not turned Turquoise. It doesn't work.

Purchased in November 2020 for $14.00.

Rachel A.

Rachel A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent coverage and vibrant colour

I have used the light pink several times on my dark blonde highlighted hair and it has always worked well. This time was my second attempt at the red and it has coloured amazingly. After 20 mins application I have hair like “Ariel” (as my daughter said). I only wash my hair a couple of times per week so I think it will last for ages. I know it will stain my hair for weeks since it is very porous, but I remember last time that it went a pinky shade so it wasn’t a problem. I don’t think it would work on dark hair because my roots are still uncoloured, but it did cover my greys nicely.
One final thing: the shower ended up a bit of a mess, as well as the towel, but luckily it washed off with no stains.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $16.95.

False advertising

I would only recommend this product if you want your hair permanently stained blue. Product states it last for 10-20 wash, I washed my hair 30 times and It was still significantly stained green, I have had to pay a large amount of money to get my hair fixed which comprised of them having to bleach it 3 times for the colour to lift and further dye it. by far the WORST product I have used.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Absolutely turns green

I put this crap on my hair at the start of covid bc i was locked in with nothing to do. The first few days it looked cool... then it turned green and STAYED green. I wash my hair daily, and it's been weeks.. maybe a month. Still green as it ever was.

Purchased in April 2020 for $10.00.

Biggest Regret don’t recommend

Ok definitely read these reviews before buying I didn’t and was a horrible experience. I put it in about 2 months and still not out. This product total waste of money and time and definitely DOSN’T come out SCAMMERS!!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $15.09.

Jordie S.

Jordie S.

Amazing! bright at first, faded well

It was easy to apply, was bright and gorgeous before first wash, about a week later (1/2 washes) it started to fade, but to a beautiful rose gold colour. I wanted a change without the commitment and couldn't be happier with this product!

Purchased in April 2020 for $5.00.

Prior Hair ColourBlonde
Swasti S.

Swasti S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

This is scam... totally waste ...making customers a big fool. ..I wish I can get my money back.

Red colourists...no colour in my hair after an hour...fake product..washed only once after applying. It was useless. I felt like l'oreal is just making us fool by this product. It's not worth it. Yuck..ruined my women's day feelings..

Purchased in March 2020 for $13.00.

Chloe

ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

This product is a waste of money

My hair is blonde and I used the purple colorista washout, leaving it in for 20 minutes and followed all instructions. It showed no colour at all, waste of my money! Highly recommend not buying this faulty product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for $16.95.

Lee

LeePerth, WA

Impossible to get rid of

So over 40 washes later (and 50 days), including 2 washes with bicarb which is supposed to remove pretty much ANY non permanent colour, then we had a professional bleach her hair, and we were still left with green strands. Not exactly sure what it's going to take to remove this one. I do know we will never be using this product again.

Purchased in September 2019 for $15.00.

Will never wash out

I've tot dark brown hair, so the red color didn't do much more than give my hair a red hue when light shines on it. Unfortunately, 3 months later, it still looks exactely the same. Red hue didn't even fade

Purchased in August 2019.

Trash

Didn’t get any color. Only a small shining purple ish color that doesn’t show unless you are very close up to it. I don’t recommend it at all! Don’t use if you don’t have VERY blonde hair!

Purchased in August 2019 at Cubus.

Waste of $

I have dirty blonde hair and watched plenty of you tube tutorials before I dyed my hair. I used pink colorista and had it in my hair for 25 minutes. I washed it out and it washed allllllll the colour out! Waste of 20 dollars - would not recommend or try.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $16.00.

LaNZ

LaNZSydney

Should be removed from shelves

I have tested this twice and the outcome was the same both times.
- the excess spray stains your skin and is really hard to remove. Takes over a day of scrubbing and soaping multiple times to remove
- if you touch the colour in your hair, it will again stain your skin, and transfer to your clothes
- your hair feels so horrible after spraying with this colour. Best way I can describe is like a big messy dry harsh hessian cloth. You can not get your fingers to go through your hair, it’s turns into something gross.

The mess it creates, the staining is insane and to have your hair feel so bad, in my opinion makes this product completely horrible.

I also wrote to brand a week ago and received no reply.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist for $15.00.

Jacq

JacqIllawarra, NSW

Bloody awful!

My daughter bought the colorista washout blue dye, to try some colour for the school holidays. She followed the instructions and left it in for 20 minutes, then washed. The next day her neck, face, hands, shoulders were a ridiculous shade of blue! She was in tears. I assumed she hadn't washed it out well enough, and I washed it, and a rubbed her skin. All good I thought, but No!! It continues to come out of her hair onto her hands and neck after being washed at least 20 times now. I can't even work out how the hell it's still happening. Her hairs a horrible shade of bluey green. And so are her hands and neck. Do not buy it, it's horrendous.

Purchased in April 2019 for $10.00.

A total waste of money.

My daughter's have dark brown hair and I got this product as part of their messy hair day fundraising event at school. Left it in their hair for 40 minutes and it washed out completely. A total waste of money.

Purchased in February 2019 for $6.00.

Ruined my hair

I used the purple colorista on my blonde hair, which was nice at the beginning but after 2/3 washes it turned green. 3 months later, my hair is still green.
I even used the fader shampoo and hasn’t helped at all.
$8 for hair dye but it’s ended up being so much more expensive because I’ve had to spend money on products to get it out, which never end up working.

Don't risk it!

The hair dye lasted way more than 2 weeks/15 washes! If you have blonde hair do not risk turning it green - even after bleaching my hair is still slightly green.

Horrible!! Don’t recommend

I have never dyed my hair before so I thought why not try putting in temporary colour for some fun. I came to the hairdresser to get a balayage done after 3 months of putting it in my hair and now my hair is pink from the bleach so I have to now dye my hair back to brown and wait for it to grow out and come back in a few months for my balayage. Waste of time!!