Laser STB-6000

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability

Not happy

Channels keep disappearing sub titles come on randomly constantly rescanning wouldn't recommend purchasing this crapola..

Purchased in March 2021.

Dennis

DennisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Multiple problems with Lasser stb 6000.

Switches on subtitles when not wanted.Looses stations.Sound out of sinc.Cheap and Nasty. Have had to reset to get all the channels but looses them within minutes.Will never buy this make again.

Purchased in November 2020 at Kogan.com for $34.00.

Aroma Starved

Aroma StarvedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its made in China and $39

Every corner of saving costs has been maximised. Including the micro manual. Older sensible and frugal ppl tend to hang on to old TV sets and use set boxes. This one is not suitable! Unless they are Sherlock holmes as the remote is micro. Fat thumbs, poor light and eyes ? Forget it. The on and off light can hardly be seen as others pointed out. Not expecting it to last too long but that's unproved atm. But it might work until my TV dies. Fingers crossed:)

Purchased in February 2021 at Harvey Norman for $39.00.

peter

peterVictoria

Lemon

Died yesterday, less than 3 yrs old, ridiculous, should last years. Similar problem, dim led no remote conrol response and can't switch on or off and worst no reception. Only 1 year warrantry?

Purchased in April 2018 at Kogan.com for $40.00.

Kerrilyne T.

Kerrilyne T.

Cheap flimsy design

I do not recommend this in anyway and wish I read the reviews before I bought it. Hard to work, can’t tape and watch at same time no matter how many times I watch Utube to set up. Now I can’t get channels and picture and audio is all over the place so in less than a year it’s broken. Absolutely useless

Purchased at eBay for $39.95.

Avoid Like The Plague...

Acts Like it has poor reception but doesn't. Channels randomly disappear. Audio gets out of sync. Subtitles randomly just come on.

Picture attached illustrates how to fix all of these issues.

Purchased at BigW for $30.00.

Hungry Hippo

Hungry HippoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unit failed

Unit has failed. Only dimly lit green LED, no output. No response from remote.
Would appreciate the manufacturer spending even $1 more on the design so these things last more than 2 years. Very disappointing.

Purchased for $40.00.

Ian

IanMelbourne, Victoria

I should have read the reviews more carefully...

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $39.00.

lebron720

lebron720Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Does the job. Saved me from buying a new TV

My TV is old, circa 2004. I haven't been able to get many digital channels with my old set top box. I was close to buying a new Smart TV but could not bear to throw a working TV away. Instead of spending over $1000, this $39 set top box did the trick. Now I can get all the digital channels which is what I wanted it for. I haven't used the record function. The remote is a little small but I am satisfied with the set top box. The only thing now is it keeps popping up with "software update" on the TV screen, even though I have updated it already. The set top is nice and small and doesn't take up a lot of space. Easy to setup.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $39.00.

FD Estate

FD Estate

Rubbish - stay away!

This product is absolute rubbish and I wish I hadn't wasted my money! It is very slow to respond to the remote and constantly needs re-booting as it freezes. Software updates are manual.

Purchased in September 2019 for $130.00.

Laser STB-6000 Fails quickly

At first everything worked well, but within a month, despite software upgrade, loses channels, subtitles comes back on at every channel change. Did lots of research and tried everything. No change. Also, remote is very small and poorly designed. User Manual covers the product and functionality well (in tiny print), but you have to look around a lot (eg: USB2 (not 3) limited to 750GB formatted, which is enough space for me, but my external drives are all 1TB so have to use sticks). Files (movies/TV shows) saved are named by the box and cannot be changed, so difficult to know which movie/TV program a file is. I have not tried all the extra functions as I am returning the device.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $39.95.

Wouldn't recommend

Bought this yesterday from Big W. Instruction manual not clear and precise. Remote flimsy and too small. Attached all cables, plugged it in. Followed the instructions; turned both tv and stb on...no installation guide appeared on the screen. Looked up troubleshooting in the back of the manual but couldn't find the issue I needed to fix. Taking it back

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $39.00.

Debbie

DebbieCentral Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

I have owned my STB-6000 and it has continually gone out of sync. Voice does not match the picture. Will lose the voice completely and you have to turn it off and restart which is a pain when you’ve taped something and lose the voice halfway through. Now it has turned itself off and won’t turn back on.
And because I don’t have my receipt I can’t take it back for refund.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Online Store for $50.00.

Techgeek

TechgeekPAKENHAM

Good little STB/PVR, great for recording.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Annoyed

AnnoyedCaboolture

It is always stopping and sometimes for quite a long time

Not satisfied at all it keeps stopping and sometimes for long periods of time, it is very frustrating when you are watching something and it stops you miss out on quite a bit of the programs. I do not recommend this product as it is in my opinion very unreliable

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Mat

MatSydney

Absolute rubbish

Date PurchasedJune 2018
BuyGeorge

BuyGeorgeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does it all

Recently purchased mainly for the usb media player. It plays back my usb recordings made on my hisense tv. Like if I record the news on my lounge room hisense tv via usb, and I want to watch it in the kitchen later on, I just move the hisense usb into the laser usb slot (and vice-a-versa). For $30 I'm very happy with it.Has HTMI and composite outputs.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Not worth buying it

Slow response while changing channels and the channel legend didn't update.
Old and bad quality remote control.
I used it 3 times and now it is not working. To repair it or buy a new remote control to try is more expensive. Better to buy good quality and spend a little more.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Merc250Adelaide

A budget item, but it does the job!

The Laser STB-6000 is really easy to use & set up and updating firmware is a doddle too. All quite intuitive. The unit itself is pretty basic, but it does play every media type I've been able to throw at it & it does double up as a DVR and digital set top box. What it doesn't do is connect to the internet, so will not stream anything. So if you want to stream video & network a media player, this is not the one to buy. But if all you want is a very affordable set top box come media player & DVR, then at the price point for this item, it offers great value for money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rosemary B

Rosemary BMelbourne

Happy with purchase

Because this unit was so cheap I thought it wouldn't work as well as more expensive ones but that isn't the case. I'm happy with the unit. It records reliably is easy to use and quality is good. I would recommend it. The storage space is adequate for my purpose.

Date PurchasedApr 2018