LDV T60

LDV T60

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Value for Money But A Lot of Issues and Bad Service Centre

I bought the LDV T60 in white in March 2018. I use it for family transport and soon, caravan towing. The front driver and back passenger seats started to tear in the first 2 months so I had to get them replaced. The iPhone USB port fell into the panel so it had to be fixed. The light stabiliser light, tyres warning light randomly illuminated for a while and now have stopped. Today the engine light has illuminated and stayed on. I have need it in again and it has been to the dealer 4 times. I have only done 11,000km! I have to back for the 5th time to see what this engine issue is about. The dealer -
Gold Coast large service centre - is the worst part about the car. Just poor service, fail to return calls and fail to fix everything all at once. Disappointing that there are so many issues with a brand new car. But the car itself is decent for the price.

Purchased in March 2018 for $31,500.00.

LDV SERVICE CENTRE KINGSWOOD

I would never recommend this service centre. Manager is an arrogant pig. He was so rude and told us he didn't care if we got our van serviced from parramatta or not. Walked away and left us standing. This is our 2nd LDV van and can't wait for free service to be finished so I can very drive else where.

Purchased in February 2019.

Year2019

Ldv t60 1 and a half years old

Car is rusting from the inside off the doors, rain get in front grill rusting on all cars problem have a look at car on road every is falling apart.

Purchased in November 2017 at Starkeys for $32,000.00.

Year2017
Comfort

Had for a year already and going strong.

Have had the Ute for 12 months and 25,000 km done on it. I love the Ute. Have 3 boys aged 2 to 10 and plenty of room for them and car seats. Take it off road alot camping with my van and fully loaded with all the gear. Only negative side is the tyres that came with the Ute are not great. Only got 15,000 km and had to replace. As I said though I go off road alot so have got better AT now. I have added an I drive, electric breaks, spotlights and nudge bar. Have taken it in sand, Mud and snow with no issues.

People have talked alot about how expensive services are but it's like anything shop around and get a better price. My local LDV dealer always wants about $550 so I just take an hr drive and get looked after really well by another LDV dealer that is $200 cheaper a service. Cant complain about the ute and can only praise it.

Purchased in May 2018 for $35,000.00.

Comfort

Phone can't connect, sensors not working, lane change warning not working, radio rubbish, clutch smokes!

I was a bit sceptical about why the initial owner of this car put it into part exchange for a Holden after just 3 weeks of ownership. I've owned it for 3 days and can now understand why!
Tried towing my boat yesterday and realised the struggle it had pulling it (19ft fibreglass). To get back up the slippery ramp I had to engage 4WD and the car started smoking... Got much worse when home and had to reverse up a gentle grass slope to park the boat in the shed. Clouds of smoke belching out from underneath the passenger door. Pretty obvious the clutch and I've since heard I am not the only one with this issue. Plus all the above electronic problems .... oh how I wish i had kept my Mitsubishi Triton. Almost 5 years and never a problem.

Purchased in March 2019.

BoughtUsed

My four x four.

Great Ute for great price and accomplishes towing well with caravan and goes great 4x4 on beach. I bought pro for the tougher suspension for towing and don’t have a problem with the ride. I find economical to run and even better with tow and no head winds of course, I’m one to try new but my first choice was a dmax but out of my price range. Starting to add accessories slowly for my own look of 4x4 but I’m really happy with vehicle and have had 6 months now and can’t find anything to fault. Give it a test drive you might be pleasantly surprised.

Purchased in October 2018.

Comfort

Amazing product and even better support!!!!

One of the best purchases I have ever made to this date! I always love trying out new products and very rarely go with the trend and I always seek to try out something different. I first saw the T60 while driving past Five Dock LDV and instantly I was captured by not just the look of it but it was a brand I hadn't heard of before. I started doing some research into the brand and decided to purchase one in September 2018. I have the T60 Luxe in Black and bought it from Five Dock LDV and the dealer even helped me deck out the entire vehicle in black. I mean black wheels, black sports bar, black bull bar and light bar and it came out amazing.

I had an issue with the rain sensor wipers intermittently coming on and off even when it wasn't raining. I contacted my local dealership All Trans LDV and had the vehicle booked in so they could diagnose the fault. It was a bit tricky as it didn't log any fault codes so I had to show to the dealership exactly what the problem was. After several attempts and half a day later, I finally managed to get the auto wipers to turn on without it raining. Soon after the dealership diagnosed the fault, they fitted a new sensor and recalibrated the sensor due to the lift kit I had installed which had made the sensor go all crazy! This is so far the only issue I have had during the ownership of this vehicle and the support I received from All Trans and also from the LDV (Ateco) head office was amazing to say the least to get this issue resolved. The only way the dealer was able to diagnose a tricky fault where fault codes weren't showing was for me to show it to them. So just remember, if whenever you have a fault always prepare to show them what your talking about so it can be fixed much quicker than leaving the car there and picking it up the next day just to hear them say 'we couldn't fault it'.

So far my experience has been really good with LDV in fact I just bought D90 for the wife and she is loving it. No issues with that either.

Purchased in September 2018 for $39,800.00.

Great 4x4 option

Just got back from the 1,130k round trip out west over the weekend on some very rough roads travelling between farms along the NSW/QLD border. Lot of the dirt roads were badly corrogated and had a lot of loose rock and large pieces jutting through the dirt and dust. I was in my T60 Luxe Auto with about 200kgs on board fitted with after market rims and A/T tyres and an upgraded Fulcrum suspension with 2" lift while my son and his family were in his BT50 Auto with all the ARB bells and whistles and aftermarket rims and A/T tyres. Here's how the T60 went.
Instruments and Controls: Very Good only issue is Service Air Bag coming on intermittently and if I had a stubbie everytime the Take a Break warning came on over a 500k period I'd have been paralytic. Radio picked up Triple J everywhere we went in the middle of nowhere and bluetooth system and cable connection had the phones working fine with no issues.
Driver Comfort: Very Good. Keep in mind I'm 6' and 59 years old with crook knees, hips and sciatica. The electric seats allow plenty of adjust options to get the seat exactly where I needed it. No complaints from me.
Power and Performance: Very Good. Never felt like it was lacking and overtook Grey Nomads, B Doubles and Road Trains with ease. Would be sitting behind them at 80-90kph and as soon as you got a clear run give it a boot and it would drop back and go. Never felt like it wouldn't do it and never had any lack of power.
Off the Bitumen: Very Good. Fulcrum upgraded suspension made all the difference. Roads were rough and dusty with lots of rock. T60 handled it all with ease. Tried it at different speeds from 60kph up to 100kph and then some, on the long straights when it was clear. Found the optimum speed was 90kph and sometimes a lot less on the straights due to the depth of the dust and bad corrogations. It only skipped out a couple of times but lowering the tyre pressures down to around 34psi would've helped but you did feel the traction control kicking in especially on the bad corners. Around the farms had to use 4wd a bit due to steep water and flood control channels the tracks went through. A couple you had to take at 45 degree angles and you only had 3 wheels on the ground as you cleared the top and went down the other side. T60 went everywhere the BT50 went.
Dust Incursion: Cab had nil but the ute tub sucked in heaps due to poor sealing around the tailgate.
Fuel Consumption: I averaged 9.2L per 100ks over the whole trip which included the run up over Cunningham's Gap in Qld.
Battery and Electrics: Very Good. No issues from the factory fitted battery even with early morning startups in subzero tempatures. Nothing let us down.
Body and Chassis: Very Good. No rattles or strange sounds during or after all the rough roads. The white body colour definitely does not show up the dirt and dust like other colours and the external paint and internal protection was definitely worth the extra costs. Nothing sticks and washes off with ease.
After 40 years of doing this in Holden utes, Hiluxes and even tried a Triton the T60 is up there with all of them. Only unknown so far is long term durability but currently very impressed with mine at over 64,000ks

Purchased in November 2017 at Victory LDV for $42,000.00.

Year2017
Comfort

Great value for money! Great Ute!

I bought a T60 Luxe auto towards the end of last year as a run around car and also to tow my double jet ski trailer just so I don't accumulate too many kms on my Range Rover. After months of comparing similar vehicles including the Hilux and Triton, I decided to give this ute a shot because it came packed with more features than some of the other utes at this prices range and it looked really good with the Blue colour. So far I've had the battery go flat on me, but I must admit that I used to leave the car unlocked for an extended period of time. Since then I have been locking the car and have had no problems since.

Suspension is not the best in the market but considering all of the positives with this vehicle, this is very minor to me. Infotainment system is great and haven't had any problems with it. The 360 camera is also a plus point and makes this car the best in the market place in its price point.

Just had my 10,000 kms service carried out at Parramatta LDV and the price for the service was quite decent and didn't feel like a rip off and the customer service was also great.

Final verdict - Great car at an even better price point. Definitely recommend it, in fact I have, to 2 of my mates who also recommend the car.

Purchased in October 2018 for $36,000.00.

Great Ute, No problems

Bought a LUXE Auto last year. Have not had one issues to date and done 10,000km so far. Regular tow a 2t boat, no heating issues in any regards. Use for off road use occasionally and no issues in that area. Average 8.4 L/KM on a app I use. I love it and glad I didn't spend the extra money on another mainstream utes that do the same thing. I have friends that have these other utes as well and have issues that I see LDV owners have with their utes too. Luck of the draw it seems and I got lucky with mine from other ute owners with LDV and other brands

Purchased in August 2018 for $35,000.00.

Comfort

worst ute i have ever owned and i would never buy one again!!!

purchased a ldv t60 luxe auto late 2018 after having a lot of problems with the ute eg: tail gate fell off at the hinge two hours after i had it, passenger airbag was lifting up pulling to the left,electrical problems tub liner loose,bad radio reception,bluetooth not working, i took the ute back to the ldv dealer in osborne park for repairs.a couple of repairs were done,but after trying to get the car yard to fix everything,was like knocking my head into a brick wall,so i got the ministry of fair trading involved.my advice to anyone out there, don't buy a ldv t60 i had over a 50 faults and these faults were serious like over heating while towing,brakes very soft while towing soft suspension,air bag cover lifting,flat battery and hundreds of electrical faults.my view is these cars need to be recalled,so the cars can be fixed,as you can see by the reviews below i am not the only one that had/have problems

Purchased in October 2018 at joe crisafio osbourne park for $35,500.00.

Cheap and nasty

Flat batteries, terrible electronics the car is always letting me and others down, overheating and the tub liner warps in the heat, underpowered, this is a massive issue if you tow, overall the vehicle is a very cheaply made car and I would suggest doing your home work before buying one, I don’t recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

2017 ldv t60 lux

I bought my t60 luxe in 2017 when they just came out from country Autos here in Tamworth NSW. The dealer couldn't have been more helpful with my purchase and went above to secure the deal. Once the deal was done and I needed help with my ldv t60 he was very unhelpful and wanted to wash his hands of it.

My issues were with the suspension in which I had 3 independent reports done stating that the suspension was garbage and unsafe. Ldv Australia replaced the front shocks which made no difference and another report stated the same again in which ldv Australia wiped their hands of it as well stating it was safe when clearly it was not.

I've had many electronic faults and faults with other parts of the vehicle in which ldv and my dealer dragged in fixing as they seen me as a problem.

After 12 months I've finally sold it and can honestly say never again would I buy an ldv or deal with this company again.

Save yourself less of a headache and Stick with a trusted brand like toyota, Ford, Nissan,Mazda

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Value for Money....

Value for money 10/10.....
Has everything and more.
Purchased Localy and has done 8,000 kms.
52k for Hilux v,s 30 k LDV!!
Very happy with this vehicle
Only down side is radio continually stays on with ignition off.
So radio only turns off with door locked.
As no setting can overide this.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

The new work Ute

I bought a new LDV T60 Pro 5 months ago

Like Clay I could not see the 20or 30 grand difference in the major brands

It’s got 7200kms on it now.

It’s a superb Ute. The electronics for the driver are a bit clunky, but I needed a new work Ute and it does not matter to me. You need to use the left side USB to engage the CarPlay. The “clutch in start” is a pain when I want to get the thing started after work before removing my boots. The clock is fast and the speedo is 7kmh out at 100

It’s probably the most comfortable car I’ve ever owned. The fit and finish is excellent. I love the gearbox and seats. It’s had a mixture of highway and city work and you never get tired of driving this vehicle

My main criticism is it’s just BIG

At 5365mm it only fits in my double garage on the angle which makes using the rest of the garage tricky. There is a lot of “air” in this Ute. But I guess the design was targeted at Rangers and other vehicles in this class

I’m not towing at present so the 109kw output is fine however I’d be chipping the engine if I did

I’ve had it in soft sand on the factory tyres with 38psi and the transmission is fine

I’ll give it 4 out of 5

And recommend it to anyone to wants to buy one

March 28th 2019 Update: Great Ute

I bought a T60 Pro manual in July 2018

It’s got 12500kms on it now and it faultless.Apart from the rear view mirror being a bit wobbly

Sure it’s down on power compared to other utes in its class but for around $28 grand less what’s the bother? The fit and finish is excellent, the engine is superb,the gearbox ( whilst notchy until you get used to it) has a positive feel,the seats are comfy , has loads of room front AND rear, is economical,quiet and has heaps of stuff built in you don’t think about much until you drive it a lot

I’m a Carpenter and also drive Uber in down time.

My advice. Buy one

Purchased in July 2018 for $30,000.00.

Rubbish Electronics, Rubbish Warranty, some poor design

I purchased this vehicle for private purposes like, camping, occasional off-road remote area touring, fishing, personal transport, for a retired couple.

It is brand new with less than 600 km traveled, so has not been serviced yet.

Please also read the reviews by Chap, Justaguy, and Ron above, their experiences are reflective of mine, so clearly not isolated incidents for what is still a very small sales volume.

The following is an outline of my experience to date:

I purchased a new LDV T 60 Pro Cab Chassis in October 2018, took delivery in early November.
This version does not have the full suite of electronics that the dual cab has and does not have the touch screen.

The radio from the very start will not hold presets, which means selecting the radio station of choice manually every time. The radio does not even retain the band last listened to and since I am usually tuned to AM this means scrolling through 3 FM bands before getting to the first AM band and then dialing the station of choice.

A few days after delivery I left my driveway driving to the tee junction a distance of about 150 metres and when just entering the tee junction the engine cut out and would not restart, not even engage the starter motor. I had just entered the intersection was soon in conflict with the traffic flow on the feeder artery. Fortunately I was able to roll back into my small side street. It seemed like 5 minutes before the starter would engage and the vehicle became mobile again. Symptoms observable were similar to not having the clutch pedal depressed.

Then about 2 weeks later the same cut out of motor, with no response to attempts to start, for again about 5 minutes. Then about 30 minutes after that when trying out 4WD on a farm the motor again cut out and I had to wait over 15 minutes before it would start.

The cruise control also cuts out and has to be reset.

The vehicle comes with one remote locking/unlocking key and one without electronics euphemistically referred to as an emergency key.
Use it to unlock the vehicle and the alarm is activated.

Speaking of the alarm it has activated while in my driveway with no-one nearby and keys hung on the key rack in the house.

In my view the electrics are rubbish and need to be much improved to get to an acceptable standard.

And no second electronic key, a point not revealed until I was taking delivery.... VERY POOR in 2018.

Now my views on some design shortcomings.
The fuel tank is plastic and does not have any shielding, that in my view is not acceptable for a 4WD workhorse utility. Any unshielded fuel tank on a 4WD is too prone to puncturing. This is a vehicle designed and market for off-road use.

I had a VRS "bullbar" fitted by the dealer and the front of the vehicle now sags down reducing front crossmember/guard ground clearance to 190 mm which is less than the FJ holden sedan of the 1950's which boasted 8 inch (200mm) clearance.

Wheels are 6 stud on 130 mm diameter, the industry standard among almost all mainstream manufacturers is 6 stud on 139.7mm diameter. This means for remote area touring in an emergency I cannot just grab a wheel off a Ranger, Landcruiser, HiLux, BT50. Nissan Navara/Patrol or Triton for example.
The alloy wheels look great but that is the limit of it. Another reason the suitability of this 4WD is restricted. Other manufacturers have managed to standardise so why not LDV?

The warranty is a joke, there is every attempt to get out of it and when taken in the service receptionist asked:
"Have you been told this is retail until warranty is approved?"

"No I haven't and it is either warranty or not."
After the Sales manager arrived and some discussion they agreed to look at the vehicle as warranty.

The vehicle by then had covered 518KM (including 34 km to return it for warranty) with me plus a further 19 pre delivery KM.

Despite the issues I had experienced, unfortunately the day after the most recent incidents I fitted a UHF radio and started a catch can fit.

This was raised with me by the Sales manager and I pointed out that those items were post the issues complained of and so accepted as not causing the issues but then the service manager the came forward and raised the same matters and again i said that those fitments were after the issues encountered. He then said they could have been the cause and would have to charge me for it then.

I told them "No ...... way" and left.

My wife and I have now bought 4 vehicles from that dealer but never another one. Chased me regularly until we signed for the 2 new vehicles.

I have 2 Chinese made tractors and a front end industrial loader. I am happy with their performance so was prepared to try out an LDV.
When I indicated to friends and relatives that I was buying an LDV they almost universally counselled me against doing so.
I responded that I would try it out, my tractors and loader had served me well, and I would be able to let them know in 5 years if the LDV was any good.

Sadly after only two and a half weeks I can say there is no chance I would buy another LDV and experiences like this with my LDV will only confirm the negative thoughts/ experiences of Chinese made equipment.

To add perspective, last week my wife and I travelled well over 1000km through the mid-west of Western Australia with our camper equipped Nissan Navara without a hic-cup despite near on 400,000km on the vehicle. Why did I take the Nissan?
I had not had time to transfer the pop-up camper from the Nissan tray to that of the new LDV.

If you are thinking of buying an LDV, my advice to you is DO NOT, the chance of disappointment is too high.
I repeat DO NOT BUY an LDV just do not do it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Improve

I have had my lux level t60 for
4 months I have just put on new shocks ironman nitrogas it has made a 80% difference in handling an now it will be the same as all the top end 4 by 4 on the Market and I have 19000 km on the clock will be flashing the ecu and all is equal with the competitor's cost 2500.00 for the improvements witch is under most competitors for what you get at price point.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Packed full of features

15,000km on the clock now & everything has been great. We did have a flat battery when we arrived back from holiday after not driving it for a few weeks - but we were provided with a new battery & software update and it has been great ever since.

5000km -We are very happy with our LDV T60 Luxe. It is a dual cab packed full of features. We have enjoyed the seat warmers this winter. Love how the headlights adjust as you go around corners/up & down hills. 360 degree cameras. Lovely and comfortable to drive. Economical for a big 4WD. 5 star ANCAP Safety Rating. 5 year warranty. Amazing value. We highly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Drive4WD

Electrical issues, sensor issues, terrible customer service, overheating

On paper it's a really good buy... great list of features while they work intermittently. They advertise CarPlay but it leaves a lot to be desired compared to infotainment systems in other cars. For example if you change the fan or AC setting the system will boot your phone off and you to to unplug it and plug it in again. Engine lights come on randomly and they Cannot find anything wrong when you take it to them. The customer service manager is rude and clearly has no interest in customer service. They will do anything to get out of a warranty claim. Don't buy one.

Latest "feature" of this ute is it's overheating when the temperature exceeds 35 deg.

LDV Australia claim in writting that this is within normal operation for the car to go into limp mode if there are extreme temperatures. Pathetic

Purchased in March 2018 for $36,000.00.

Comfort

Some good points some just terrible points

Ron is right “The electronics in the car are terrible”. The cruise control drops out instead of changing down gears on highway hills!.The Apple car play is unreliable even after a firmware upgrade. The dealers won’t do anything on warranty unless head office approved first and wanted me to pay for faults that were intermittent because they didn’t believe me. My vehicle has 26k now and apart from the initial complaints it has been reliable. It won’t hold gears as engine braking if the revs go over 3200 which is dangerous when 4WDing! Seats are comfy even in long trips & the seat warmers are a bonus. The basics of the car could be made so much better with just a bit of effort by LDV - a decent entertainer unit without bugs and Bluetooth Apple CarPlay, more dampening in the shock absorbers to make it safe on the road, better performance from the motor, better quality paint finish, match the sound level of the radio with other sound sources and fix the microphone for the phone, it needs noise canceling to make it useable and also the T60 is very noisy in the cabin.
They have fixed the sound level difference between phone and radio and had many software updates but now the entertainment unit locks up totally, can’t change volume or stations requiring a full reset, plus the radio reception is very poor partly due to interference from the vehicle’s other electronics. The shock absorbers are even worse now causing the vehicle to jump across in front of the oncoming traffic on a straight road if the sealed road is corrugated. The vehicle overheats on long climbs with minimal load and not towing.

Purchased in May 2018.