Leitner Cross X

Leitner Cross X

Pros

• Easy to operate controls

• Can tackle steep hills and dirt roads

• Long battery life

PeteSouthwest, VIC

Awesome Bike

Received my Cross X yesterday and completed a 25Klm ride today. Can’t believe how easy it is with the powered assistance. Still getting plenty of exercise too. Bike is awesome.

Purchased in February 2021 at Leitner Online store.

Ivan WSoutheast, SA

Love it exceeds my expectations

I live on the side of a volcano (dormant) so steep hills long country roads including dirt roads I ride daily not long rides 20 to 30 kms. I can choose how hard I want to work with a push of a button. The bike is comfortable, easy to operate, reliable and has exceeded my expectations. Apart from where do you put a water bottle cage.

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,700.00.

What a fantastic bike...

Purchased in September 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,650.00.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

At 76 gives me a new freedom after Knee replacement.

I thought long and hard before buying an
    E-bike at 76, I purchased the Leintner Cross X E bike, it gives me a new freedom as I found my push bike was causing me more pain than pleasure after knee replacement I found the build quality to be excellent I can easily go up most Hills. I discovered there's a lot of rubbish for sale in E-bike market. Promising all sorts of warranties. I spoke to a Uber Rider who had three previous E-bikes and now has a Leintner he said it was the best E-bike he has owned.I also found the seat comfortable.

Purchased in May 2020.

Mike.C

Mike.CAdelaide

Leitner Cross X Great Bike

Well made bike that can be used for exercise or just cruising, rides great. Love riding it! One small problem is the back mud guard keeps coming loose and falls down on the rear wheel. This seems to be because the screw goes into a thread and then a nut on the inside. I was trying to do screw up when I needed to do the nut on the inside up.

Purchased in February 2020 at Leitner Online store for $1,421.80.

Mac

MacGoldfields, WA

just love it

Have had a cross x for two months now and just can not find any faults. The bike does all i expected and more. Great for riding on windy days with pedal assist it makes it a lot more enjoyable. These bikes will give you a lot of fun for many years Alan

Purchased in February 2020.

James B

James BRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Sensational bike

I am "WRAPPED"!!!
    Received my silver cross x 3 days after ordering from very helpful Alex who made the process easy.
    The bike has exceed my expectations with the build quality, ease of riding, the controls and most of all battery life is impressive.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,295.00.

Dream machine

Receive my Leitner Cross X last week and put the bike together (was so easy)
    Tried the bike out on Saturday and found the bike worked perfect
    Gears worked perfect and cruise control works like a dream, have changed the cruise speed to go faster 25 kph so easy to access the two grey wires to change
    Would recommend using this company for buying ebikes

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,500.00.

Hugo

HugoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The Cross X is more and BETTER than I expected

From payment to delivery of my bike only took three days, IMPRESSIVE. Thanks to a local Ambassador, Geoff, the assembly only took close to an hour, again, IMPRESSIVE. But there are no words to describe the joy when I rode my Cross X for the first time. More than IMPRESSIVE. I am so grateful to Leitner for providing such great product. The friendly service from Jennifer, Damian and the entire team is just as IMPRESSIVE and ready to assist. Keep it guys, I will have no hesitation to recommend Leitner bikes to my family and friends. Cheers
    Hugo

Purchased in July 2019 at Leitner Online store for $1,608.89.

Rug

RugMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great durable bike!

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,553.00.

.beautiful thing

Purchased the cross x for myself and the libelle step through for my wife early june 19 assembly was very simple approx half an hour each , most comfortable bike to ride and power is unbelievable never seen anything like it just suit me , and the wife is very happy with her bike as well, at the moment we are caravaning and they are an ideal pass time and exercise.The service and after sales back up from leitner was second to none , very happy customers.

Purchased in June 2019 at Leitner Online store.

Phil M

Phil MSouthwest, VIC

Great bike, great service and support

Purchased in August 2018 at Leitner Online store for $1,100.00.

Rob Owe

Rob OweCentral Queensland, QLD

Brilliant

Quality and ride is brilliant,ideal for me. Brake's and gears are fantastic and the speed it picks up even impresses my son. Oh well I think a few mates will be acquiring their own eh. Gone for the Blue. Also a the welded frame looks to handle some decent terrain. Thanks guys

Date PurchasedDec 2018
    Jacob P

Jacob PSt Peters

Fantastic Bike 2,000 kilometers and going strong

Had this bike for nearly 12 months so far have taken it off road mountain biking had it up to 70 kilometers an hour going down hill and ride it every day for at least 15 kilometers. Love it I was hesitant at first thinking cheapest bike of them all but let me tell you this baby takes on all comers and its never let me down. Would I recommend Leitner yes their bikes are great but when it comes down to it after sales service is where it counts and Leitner like its bikes excels. I have pushed this bike to its limits and its always comes through like the thoroughbred that it is. Would I recommend a leitner bike the answer is yes if this bike can take what I give it and shine them it will do the same for you.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
    Doug H.

Doug H.South East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly good value for money

I wanted dual suspension, but didn't want to spend more than my car is worth, so this looked like the way to go for my 10km commute to work. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is for the money. The seat is a bit on the huge side for a cycling enthusiast, so I've swapped it to something that suits my riding style. My only other complaint is that the pedals are one sided, and it's a bit of a bother to get them the right way up, or put up with having my feet on the wrong side, so I swapped them for some MTB pedals. Very minor complaints for a really good product. Most people would be very happy with it just how it is.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Leitner E Bike

I recently just purchased the Venice cruiser and the Cross X bike from Leitner. This is mine and my wife's first ever electric bicycle. Can I just say after looking at afew different e bikes, the Leitner CrossX and Venice cruiser ticked al I'll the boxes for us. We put a child seat on the back for our daughter and we were off.

Tim from Leitner has also been amazing in helping us set up our bikes and answering all of my questions. So thank you Tim.

The bikes are so easy to ride, the pedal assist makies biking a breeze. Honestly I have not even broken a sweat yet lol. I would highly recommend Leitner to anyone.

Colin

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    Josh P

Josh PMelbourne

Fantastic Bike, could not be happier!

I was looking into electric bikes for some time and as soon as i discovered LEITNER i had to get one. At such a good price, easy to put together and with great customer support. The bike is so strong and sturdy, the motor works great when you need a bit of help to get up those hills, i could not highly recommend this enough the mountain bike has great suspension a comfortable ride and lets you go anywhere. The battery has a great range and i only have to charge it once a week. Overall a great company to deal with and a even better bike!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    cornel trifu

cornel trifuAdelaide

Amazing Mountain Bike Built Quality With Great Suspension

Date PurchasedSept 2017
    MATTHEW

MATTHEW

Changes the way you view cycling in a very good way!

Coming from a non cycling background, I purchased one of these because of a license suspension and the need to commute. The electric assist makes the impossible possible and a cheeseburger fanatic can pedal (assisted) 40-50km in distance in 1hr30mins and not have a coronary. Build quality is great, just be sure to fully charge the battery and you'll be good as gold. Money well spent and once that off road beast comes back into stock (more power) I will be trading up for sure.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Violet.J

Violet.JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

UNQUESTIONABLY SENSATIONAL

My posterior has never felt so better, the hill climbs were simply luxuriously easy, the foot to pedal was left wanting more upon our arrival, and when other family members took our bikes out for a spin, will all I can say is hey Leitner hope you got more where they came from?

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Charlie H.asked

Hey, I’ve had my Cross X for about 6 months now and I’ve been giving it a serious workout mainly in the inner city of Sydney without any major problems.
    I really love it, I hardly drive my car at all anymore. I am 5’ 11” and weigh 100 kg and literally cruise up Albion St in Surry Hills which is long and steep. (Admittedly I struggled a bit the first time but like anything in life once practiced I worked out the best way to effectively use the gears and motor)
    I have only one dilemma...... and I would appreciate some input as it’s really bugging me -
    Has anyone found an effective spot for a water bottle???
    It’s a real hassle carrying it in my backpack and having to completely stop to drink.
    I’ve tried fitting it to a couple of different spots on the handlebars but if your pushing the bike to it’s limits it simply doesn’t work ie it gets in the way.
    I realise it’s a minor issue , just hoping someone’s had more success with it than me lol.
    Charlie in Chippendale.

Hi Charlie,
    I had the same issue with my cross X. I searched around and found one that could mount to the seat behind but was too hard to access. I eventually mounted it on the handle bars basically in the middle and it works a treat. Trick was to have a tight fitting bottle. Admittedly I may not be using my bike as hard you are but riding on gravel tracks and road it definitely works ok. Good luck. Cheers (I wish Leitner actually designed and sold one to fit correctly)

Andy

If I could upload a photo you could see what I’ve done.
    I purchased a small case and strapped it to the top bar. Standard drink bottle fits in nicely...

Charlie H.

Andy that’s an excellent idea - was it specifically designed for bikes?
    Can u recommend a retailer?

michaelasked

Im 5ft 10 would the Leitner Cross x be ok for my size

Pete

I cant see why not. With the seat at its lowest point it is 840-850. Keep in mind these seats are thick so if you change the seat like I have it will be lower.

michael

just another question Is it possible to fit a rear rack on the Cross X bike ?

Ivan W

HI I am 5ft 11 and the bike is perfect, with scope for a taller person. Not sure about a rear rack.

Martin T.

Martin T.asked

Just received and built my Cross X. Where do I fit the rear light?

Hello Martin.
    I didn’t use the supplied rear light.
    I purchased a USB charge red flashing light from EBay and fitted it to my helmet.
    It is a lot more user friendly.
    Hope you like your bike, I love mine.
    Take care,

Leitner
    Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for your message.
    You can find the rear light in the small brown box. You need to install it on the seat post. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please contact our team at 1300 856 725 or via email at sales@leitner.com.au for a prompt response.
    Regards,
    Leitner team

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Features:

• The Leitner Cross X is an electric mountain bike with top speeds of 25km/h that suits riders 165cm and taller.
    • It has puncture-resistant tires, so you don’t have to worry about running over rocks or other sharp objects on the road.
    • The e-bike has an estimated 20-50km range on pedal assist mode, and an estimated 32-80km range if you upgrade to a 16Ah battery.
    • Five levels of power assistance let you both climb hills and ride along flat roads easily - and you can easily turn this function off if you’re in the mood for a workout.
    • Dual suspension means you’ll be able to have a smooth, comfortable ride.
    • With a 5 hour charge time, you can be back on the road in no time.
    • The Leitner Cross X costs $1395. Mudguards, front and rear lights, a stand, bell, and assembly toolkit are also included in this price.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the bike’s controls were easy to operate, and that the bike was simple to manoeuvre.
    • They also found that it was easy to ride on a variety of terrains, including steep hills and dirt roads.
    • According to reviewers, this e-bike has an impressive battery life that has no trouble taking them where they need to go.
    CategoryElectric Bikes and Mountain Bikes