LG 687L Side by Side

• Internal Layout

Nardish

NardishPeel, WA

Perfect fridge apart from the door handles

Works great. Keeps temperature perfect. Bought it in April 2019 and has started to make some funky sounds (not loud though). ONLY main gripe is design of the handles. Hard to open for someone with Arthritis. So although the sales person in store said it was only hard to open as it was a “new” fridge, we’ve had to stick pull handles on the front which takes away from the appearance. If I were to purchase a fridge today I would consider it but would choose another just due to the handle design. But all aside I would still recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,340.00.

LG
LG A.LG
Maryam M.

Maryam M.

Perfect Fridge

This fridge is the best! Unlike a previous fridge I had, I've got no issues with the temperature for fridge and freezer. The design looks sleek and it's easy to clean with just a wipe down. A great fridge, especially if an ice dispenser isn't essential for you. It's got an in-built ice maker in the freezer anyway. Heaps of space within the fridge and freezer and the best part is that it's so silent! No annoying running noise, which I encountered with a previous fridge I had. Overall, a great price, especially if you can get it on sale/promotion.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,409.00.

Justin

JustinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love It!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,600.00.

Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how LG 687L Side by Side compares to other Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators

Rennie F.

Rennie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love my new fridge

The side by side aspect is fantastic - I don't fall in the chest freezer any more! Plenty of room for our 2 person household. Keeps food at a steady temperature. Highly recommend this fridge

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,500.00.

Parth T.

Parth T.

A1 Cooling big space inside

Easy to configure. A1 cooling and can change through wifi from phone.
Smart connectivity. Easy to move with wheels.
So far so great. Haven't use all functions yet but hope it will be fun.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,500.00.

Fridge Fire

Fridge ran so hot it started to melt, freezer was hot and smelt. Still no result from LG, this product is dangerous, they want to repair, but will this happen again! In USA they were involved in a lawsuit over these, but happening here as well. Replacement or Money back.

Purchased for A$1,600.00.

Dukkkman

DukkkmanPeel, WA

three years and the chime still drives me crazy

Purchased in August 2016 at goodguys.

Internal Layout

Stylish design and good space for external size.

Bought it 15 months ago. Very happy with its internal storage space compared to it's slim design. Suits up to family if 4. Works well, keeps veggies for 4-5 days despite other reviews. Looks smart with stylish curves. Low point is its highly over engineered yet useless ice maker. Otherwise happy with the purchase.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$1,299.00.

Household Size4 person(s)
nettie

nettieHobart, TAS

Stay away from LG Products

6months ago purchased fridge/ freezer combo. Within 2 weeks of purchase complained of soggy limp rotting vegetables, cheeses going mouldy and water icicles on frozen foods. Said nothing wrong with it. I have been fighting with LG for 6 months now. Harvey Norman are taking it away at their cost and will take it up with LG. The latest was it needed a part but would take a number of weeks to get here as it is not even in the country!!

Tony47South East Queensland, QLD

Fridge section fine freezer cannot keep set Temperature

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,089.00.

Nara

NaraVictoria

Really enjoying my fridge

We bought this fridge about a month ago, and i'm loving it, its very spacious for the family of 4, very quiet, the door shelves are wide (you don't know how convenient it is until you use it) and sturdy, overall rather impressed by it.

UPD: It's been nearly a year, and still very happy with it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Household Size4 person(s)
Crystal Wedemann

Crystal WedemannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing

I love my fridge so much it’s got so much space and so much freezer room and I also love that it has the temperature controls on the outside of fridge and that I can lock it so kids cant play with it, I honestly couldn't live without my fridge best thing I've ever brought

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Alex

AlexMelbourne

Great value for money

This is my second LG fridge, which was purchased about a year ago.
No issues at all, excellent temperature control, LED lights, express freeze, WiFi, no ice and no maintenance required.
What else do you need from a fridge?

My other LG fridge (similar type) has been working hard for the last 6 years and I am very happy with the quality and reliability.
LG is a great brand when it comes to fridges, highly recommended!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Dianna

DiannaSouth East Queensland, QLD

A little flimsy

I purchased this fridge. The fan froze over within the first six months but otherwise operates fine. The stainless stell shell dents extremely easily. I also noticed this on the display in the store, but thought it was customer abuse. it is not. Also the plastic freezer drawer has cracked without being treated harshly. I do not feel this product is very strong. Customer service was fine though.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Boz

Boz

This’s perfect fridge

Hi brought the LG stainless 3 months ego keeps the food very cold it is very spacious fridge or freezer love the container for for vegetables it is so much space ezy to clean what I like most the shelves on the door so big no problem 3 later milk fit so good I recommended

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Jos

Jos

Pleased with this purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2018
MF1987

MF1987Sydney, NSW

Very good

I purchased this fridge last year and it is awesome! It maintains a good temperature throughout and has very good storage for both freezer and fridge. It is easy to
Open but it does feel a bit heavy when opening. I especially like this fridge because I am easily able to store things in an easily accessible and organised way!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
alexandra91

alexandra91Gawler South

Great Look, Budget Friendly, Reliable Fridge

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Janz

JanzAuckland

Useless vegetable drawers.

The vegetable and fruit drawers are a waste of space. Mushrooms dry out completely in 3 days, absolutely useless for fruit and vegetables. Celery limp, carrots dry out. Too much airflow in the drawers, no regulator. I wish I had never bought it. LG ignore all my correspondence. They are probably hope I will get tired of writing.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Gune

GuneSydney

Excellent fridge

Very good fridge, designs good, easy access to the compartments, has even wifi connection even though I am not sure the main purpose. Very stylish and the door handles built into the fridge therefore getting through doors is a breeze. We have been using this for couple of weeks now and very happy with the product. LG service upto now has been very good.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Debbie

Debbieasked

GS-B680PL (Stainless)

Does this fridge come in black

Bazasked

GS-B680WL (White)

Only 2 weeks old and freezer has suddenly gone to -26 and fridge to 8. This is the second time it has done this, the first time turned power off for an hour or two then back on. But now, a week later, it seems to have gone crazy again. Has anyone had this problem?

Tony47

Yes read my comments in this review area. I have a complaint active with LG as I already had the first unit replaced and second does the same. My fridge is fine steady at 2.3C but stays at -24 to -32.6C for 16 hrs and normal for periods varying from 12hrs to 72 hrs. Always goes lower after a defrost cycle that happens every 4 hrs. Check actual cycle times I have a wireless thermometer inside the freezer.

The first fridge had the computer and the temperature sensor replaced and no change.

I have asked LG to actually test a fridge over a week and log the temperatures as I feel some units are faulty. Trying to chisel icecream at -32C is not fun.

Worth a call to LG but a tech coming out will not fix it ask to be referred to guy looking into my case ( My name Turner)
This issue only reason I gave unit 2 stars otherwise 5. I get the feeling they are perplexed and really only want to replace it again.

Baz

Tony, sounds familiar. I am also using a wireless sensor inside the fridge & freezer. Mostly concerned about the fridge temp going up. After this last episode, I decided to leave it be and see what happens, after about 2 hrs temps started to return to the set temps. I have rung up and a tech can be sent out but if it is behaving normal I am sure he would not find the fault. I would like to think that LG have recognised a problem and are working on a fix. Otherwise, we like the unit.

Tony47

Mine still a issue LG dragging their tails. Taking dated pics whenever the temperature sucks. Worst -33.6C when set at -18

Megan

Meganasked

GS-B680WL (White)

Hi does his fridge come with pure and fresh already inside the fridge? Not an add on extra

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

Compare all 2 LG 687L Side by Side
LG GS-B680PL (687L, Stainless)
  • Award Winner 2019

LG GS-B680PL (687L, Stainless)

4.3
LG GS-B680WL (687L, White)
  • Award Winner 2019

LG GS-B680WL (687L, White)

4.4
CategorySide by Side Fridges / RefrigeratorsSide by Side Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) A$2,049.00A$1,799.00
Dimensions 1790 x 912 x 738 mm1790 x 912 x 733 mm
Energy Rating3 star(s)2.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite
Handle Type RecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge YesYes
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves44
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins22
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity