See the Best Side by Side Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent fridge...........

668 litres, non plumbed ice and water dispenser, keeps great even temperature and has great sized compartments.
It looks great in our upgraded kitchen and matches all our other stainless steel appliances.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,950.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

The Fridge I give a 4 star (so far), the Stainless Steel Body, a 1

The fridge works really well and the non-plumbed ice cubes are great. But the stainless steel body is very thin and of a poor quality. There are dents all over the fridge, even though we take a lot of care. Seems you just have to touch it in the wrong way and a dent will appear. The manufacturers should use a thicker and better quality steel. I wouldn't recommend for this reason only. It's a shame when you buy something in good faith that it will be good quality and then you are let down and there is nothing you can do about it.

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,929.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

We have the similar fridge and is great. Easy to use with lots of space compartments. No complains at all.

Our fridge is amazing. It’s a French door style fridge which looks sleek and classy. Also it works on my iPhone app which means i can change temp accordingly. Good

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,799.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Fault unit broke within 10 months

I purchased a new fridge from LG hoping it would be lifetime investment. My dream only lasted 11 months. Notices it started making noise, made a first call to LG on the 2nd of May. Tech came to check confirming unit is faulty needed replacement. After several phone calls LG still doesn’t confirm if they are going to give me a new fridge or credit. Terrible customer service. Promised to call back 5 times no response. I am still asking them to give an answer and today is 22nd May. Please do not ever buy lg products. Their customer service sucks. Their incompetence has forced me to go on social media to write a review

Purchased in April 2018.

love it

love the ice and the water in my lg 2 door fridge lots of room to put the the food its easy to open I love you have ice quick

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,700.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

Smart design, wonderful fridge

I always wanted to have a side-by-side fridge with Ice & Water Dispenser and without the hassle of connecting it to the water tap, etc. Especially, when you are renting you don't have much choice of having the water supply provided.

I was searching for the best option that accommodates our need in terms of the space, design, being quiet and features. I had almost decided to buy a side-by-side fridge without water dispenser as most need to have water tap provisioned. When I came across this model I already knew this is the one. I went to the store, investigated the fridge and bought it straight. In terms of space, it is one of the most spacious of its kind. The non-plumbed water tank is the best and the water tank capacity is good enough. It is also quiet and doesn't make noise during nights.

The only minor downside for me is the door handles which is hard to grab/slippery sometimes for a tall person.

Overall, very happy with the purchase, especially I got it at a good deal during black Friday sale (the price includes delivery)! :)

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,555.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Best Family Fridge

We love this fridge! Easy to use easy to clean. Great water and ice feature on the front of the door. Lots of room for everything you need. Even better that it's a non-plumbed fridge, just fill up the water at night, it's soo easy.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,700.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)

GREAT FRIDGE FOR WATER AND ICE

Quite happy with my purchase, made app 6 months ago. Love the unplumbed water and ice. Door holders are quite large and hold plenty. My biggest beef is with the crispers. I feel they are way too large, and the fact that they do not keep the fruit and veggies very fresh. I am constantly throwing out every couple of days. They are difficult to wash, as little bits and pieces get stuck between the clear front and white actual drawer section. I rang LG and no one could tell me if the front of the drawer can be disassembled from the base. Also when washing, water pours out of either side of the drawer. Not sure why there are gaps there. Other than that I am quite happy with the unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

We have ice cubes

Have it yesterday, it is making ice cubes after set the temperature to -20C as LG website indicates, happy with it.
only downside to us is the noise of the water pump when dispensing water, acceptable but expecting it could be quieter. Other than the water pump noise, it is very quite. Overall it’s good.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

What a great fridge!

So we bought this fridge cause we needed a larger fridge and loved that it had a non-plumbed in water and ice dispenser. We read some reviews stating that the doors were easy to dent however this has not been the case for ours, we find it to be strong and robust, however, fingerprints are easily found on this fridge! We have had no issues with the ice sticking together and being stuck, we do have the freezer side on -21 though so this also may help, I also make sure that the freezer is open for a minimal time so the ice doesn't melt. It's easy to connect to wifi and you can use the app on your phone to control the temp and quick freeze settings. The fridge has heaps of room and the door pockets are amazingly deep. The only thing that made me give it a 4/5 rating was the noise that the water pump makes when dispensing water or making ice. Its quite a loud pump and I feel if we had a smaller house or the bedrooms where closer to the kitchen this may cause some issue but as our house is quite large we have not noticed it when we are sleeping.

Purchased in June 2017 at Radio Rentals SA for $1,600.00.

Great Fridge

Purchased after looking at a lot of options. Great amount of space both fridge and freezer. Easy to use left temperatures as set. Saw reviews about the noise fridge makes but have not had that issue. Only hear it when getting ice. Love the fact that the machine makes ice over night so you never run out. Would certainly recommend this fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Have noticed some comments re no egg holder. We got one from Aldi which fits in well on top shelf well. Might be worth others to check it out.

Good fridge but no egg tray and lg horrible to deal with

The fridge is amazing. It's big and functional especially with having the cubed and crushed ice with the cold water. I couldnt be happier with the fridge itself but it doesnt come with an egg tray and I spent at least 2 hours yesterday on the phone with LG as it's not listed as a spare part so my question is if they're that tight they cant include an egg tray the least they could do is add it as a spare part but no. They tell me to use the egg carton or use an egg tray from another fridge but they dont fit within the egg box and in my manual its stated as included with the egg box as they're pictured as the same compartment but lg says no they're not included which is ridiculous when you cant buy them anywhere! Lg people are not helpful and they're very rude. As much as I love my fridge I'd hate to see what hastle I'd have if I ever needed to claim warranty on anything when a egg tray is such a dilemma for them. Based on this I wouldn't buy LG again.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Rare non-plumbed fridge with plenty of space

The only thing missing from this fridge is an inline water filter which can't be optioned. There is a plastic taste which leaches into the water from the tubes but this has been going away over time. If I had my choice again I may look for another fridge which has a water filter built in, and I don't mind it being a costed consumable but it's just a nice option to have.

There's a large water tank inside which is essential if you're living in a hot environment to have a ready supply of cold water and ice. This doesn't take up much room so there's plenty of space still available in the fridge and the freezer. The flow rate of the water is really slow, but I haven't tested it against other models to compare- it does take a while to fill a glass of water from the door. So if you plan on frequently using the water from the door it may be worthwhile seeing if you can find some videos or a demo of the options from the fridges you're looking at.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Best Products

This fridge is awesome. Ice and water with no plumbing is great and easy to use. It looks good in our kitchen and is easy to keep clean. There is plenty of room in both the fridge and freezer and the lighting inside is fantastic. Happy with the purchase of this fridges.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best fridge I have had

Wonderful fridge got a great price at good guys, worth asking for best price as I was blown away with the price they offered.
Non plumbing ice/water dispenser is its best feature.
We haven't had it long although is much better than our Westinghouse double door that only lasted 5 years.
Very happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

love my fridge

yes, it does maintain a consistent and reliable temperature in all compartments
I like the water and ice section,I can get water, cubed ice and crashed ice so easily,even my son can operate it.it got enough space, and i just love it as I shop a lot of veggies and fruits and meat
it is easy to open and close,

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best fridge fridger

This model is one of the best model in fridge as it has a ice and cold water dispenser which does not require pluming connection. It is also priced economically compared to other fridge available in the market. The performance is very good. The only flip side is the power rating as it has only 2.5 rating

Date PurchasedApr 2018

essential item in my kichen without this not able to live

yes very easy to open and close, specially I like non plumed ice and water does not required to connect with tap. like double sided door, and size perfect for my new house kichen looks beautiful, like the way handle made, spacious space that I can accommodated all my food plus the area in refrigerator.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best for the price and non plumbed option

The only issue with this fridge is the odd door handle placement. It is not intuitive and takes some getting used to. When we have people visit they struggle to figure it out. Nevertheless, we have adjusted quickly to it and love it. I can easily fit my 13x9 in pan into the freezer or fridge side without any issues. The water tank is great because we only use spring water or alkaline water and so this way we are not getting any of the chemicals or minerals found in tap water. The water tastes great after you have used it for a bit. We haven't had any issues with the temperature and whether it is hot or cold the fridge has been consistent. We can easily fit everything in without any problems. I would definitely recommend this fridge!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good fridge

Good fridge. We enjoy the fact it's non plumbed and had nice spacious shelves in the fridge and is labelled for diary etc. in the fridge. Pity about the freezer however is it's just a little bit smaller so it may be no good if you want to buy bulk meat for a large family and have frozen veges. We are a small family so it doesn't worry us:)

Date PurchasedNov 2016