Liqui-Moly Diesel Clean & Boost

Liqui-Moly Diesel Clean & Boost

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Liqui-Moly Diesel Clean & Boost? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

pAULAdelaide

IMO it works (for me)

Purchased in April 2019.

Fuel system loves it

Very low sulfur fuels make this a must, sulfur was the lubricant for diesel so clean and boost helps lubricate clean and in increase your cetane, your engine will be quieter cleaner and respond better, not to mention better fuel economy to boot, been using this product and others since they reduced the sulfur with great results, i use every tank @ 2mil per litre of diesel, worth every penny, my Landcruiser done 500,000kms and fuel pump was still working fine, proof in the pudding, my Isuzu mux loves it and with only 7.5 litres per 100kms, the proof in the pudding. Diesel clean and boost gets my 5 stars.

Other Car Accessories

Best stuff I have ever used

Best stuff I have ever used only done two tank full and my Mazda bravo 1999 model 2.5l turbocharged users less fuel and has way more power.

This is an great product

I have only been using this product for a short time. I heard about it from my brother who has used it for a couple of years. He couldn't say enough about it. He raved about how his fuel consumption improved and how much quieter his motor is running. We all know how important fuel consumption is in running our vehicle.

Car Accessories

Find out how Liqui-Moly Diesel Clean & Boost compares to other Car Accessories

pwo128NT, 820

Excellent Product - Does exactly what it promises!

Steve
Steveasked

How often should you add this to your tank?

pAUL

IMO every time you add fuel. When first starting to use the product maybe a tank or two at the upper end of the suggested concentration ratio's to clean out any accumulated crap in fuel system & engine and subsequent tanks lower the concentration to a 'maintenance' regime.
If you add 20 litres then add the amount of cleaner for 20 litres at the concentration ratio you want.

Stewpot

Hi, I use this in every tank full, at 2ml per litre, used it in my land cruiser sold it at almost 500,000, still original pump, I also use it in my new Isuzu Mux every fill. Hope this helps.

Richard W
Richard Wasked

My 2013 Mitsubishi Triton 4WD has only done 64,000 k's and produces a HUGE plume of black smoke under heavy acceleration. This is very embarrassing! May this additive help to prevent this? Thanks

pAUL

I suggest you put this question to an experienced diesel mechanic. Or do some searching on the internet. There will be plenty of 'experts' out there with advise, but don't necessarily believe all you find.
Could be lots of reasons and if really bad i doubt using any additive will sort the problem, especially in the short term.
It may be the calibration of the fuel system is out, dumping way more diesel into the cylinder than it is capable of burning. But i could be wrong :)
Good luck.

Ps
As per my comment to Benji, maybe try some 30ml per 10L diesel shock treatments for a tank or 2 and see if the black smoke reduces. This might be an indication that the issue is fixable with cleaner. See a mechanic if the cleaner does not work or work completely.

Benji
Benjiasked

The recommended dose is 3 to 30 mls per 10 litres of diesel is this enough?

pwo128

Hi Benji, yes the product comes with a 20ml measuring cup inside the lid. I simply added one cup per 10 litres which equated to the correct dose. It is great stuff, well worth the money.