Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

See the Best Electronics in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Decent webcam

It works really well, there is very low to almost unnoticeable latency on 1080p 60fps, I am using it cropped with a chromakey filter to it, and it is causing a high draw on CPU 13% spikes (0.546 ghz)

I have done some tweaking with the light exposure and other features to minimize the work of the camera. There have been some times where the colour balance doesn't keep up with the exposure of the surroundings, and there have even been some 1-2 second delay on capture, but that might be Streamlabs.

Camera is working well and useful for streaming.

Purchased in July 2018 at Officeworks for $71.10.

Outstanding for the price!

You're reading this probably because you're thinking like me: I've tried the camera in my computer and I wonder if a dedicated webcam would do a better job. After recording some screencasts on the 2017 iMac (no slouch), I thought the video quality was okay. But after a glitch with Quicktime,and seeing colour issues on my recordings (my faced looked orange - think famous president), I decided to check out this webcam based on some positive reviews.

Yay! It was a gamble but it paid off bigtime.

The Difference: While the iMac camera does a reasonable job, the Logitech gives a clearer recording. When I move my hands while talking there is almost no blurring in the recorded image unlike the iMac recordings. The other big plus was the fact that it keeps a more stable brightness and contrast level as I switch between slides and my face lights up and dulls down. With the iMac recordings, the entire picture would change too dramatically in my opinion. The Logitech keeps it more consistent.

The images: they're sharp and bright. I'm happy with the 1080p quality.

Setting up: It was really easy, and the camera clips nicely and safely on top of the computer monitor.

Verdict: 5 stars because it does a great job and it comes at a great price.

Conclusion: If you need to do some screen recordings (even in lowish light), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this camera. It would do a fantastic job also in video calling. Thumbs up Logitech!