Softly Pure Soap Flakes

Softly Pure Soap Flakes

See the Best Laundry Detergents in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pental

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (9)
  • Smell
Miss Helpful
Miss HelpfulSydney, NSW

Why did they change to liquid detergent?

Lux flakes are the best for hand washing woollens in a basin or bucket where you could lightly rub the woollens, rinse and gently squeeze. Great for allergy sufferers and asthmatics. Please, please, please bring back this long lasting favourite Australian product.

Aniz123
Aniz123Sydney, NSW

Lux flakes are wonderful!

I have used lux flakes/ softly flakes for so many years! I have an allergic skin condition and this is the only product that I can use that doesn’t make me itch uncontrollably! A wonderful product and very gentle.
Please do not ever discontinue making it!

Purchased in at Coles for $8.

Kerri K.
Kerri K.North Queensland, QLD

Lux Flakes was my favourite for decades now it's gone

I'm so disappointed that I can no longer buy Lux Flakes. I've used it for decades, the scent is incomparable and impossible to imitate. The liquid isn't the same. It was effective, gentle and reliable.

Purchased at Woolworths for $8.

klong999AU

Lux is the best for skin problems

I have severe allergic dermatitis. My dermatologist told me he had no idea what was acerbating the condition and I ended up in hospital on antibiotics for the condition. I was using a liquid wash supposedly suitable for babies and my dermatologist recommended lux flakes. After using Lux my condition cleared up and I have been free of the problems for more than 12 months. Please never discontinue Lux flakes as they are recommended by specialists and a lot of people have skin conditions that need gentle washing products.

Purchased in at Woolworths for $8.49.

Chez
ChezDarling Downs, QLD

I REALLY can’t live without it.

I have about a 1/2 a cup left and honestly I need to get more. I hve dermatitis and since using this brand I can honestly say I'm improving daily.

Purchased in for $7.99.

Pure Excellent Clean

Made into a powder with washing soda and few drops of euc oil. Use 1 or 2 tblspoons mixed in hot water each wash. Excellent for front loader, cleaner brighter clothes softer, washing woollens, rinses out well. Gentle on hands. No strong aroma. No white residues. Product and container Good for the environment. Hurrah! Tip: to rinse a front loader washingmachine use WATER ONLY on the short cycle.

Purchased in at Coles for $7.15.

Endee Mac
Endee Mac

I've had years of clean washing

Causes Irritation No

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Bianca R
Bianca RBrisbane

Smells amazing, comforting and clean

I have used these soap flakes on all of our wasn't but in particular baby clothes and bedding. It cleans the clothes very well and leaves them smelling nice and fresh. I have allergies to alternate brands and this product is great for my sensitive skin as well as my baby's skin. Highly recommend.

Purchased in at Winc Online store for $10.39.

My favourite

I blend flakes to powder and just dissolve tsp as needed. Very economical and I love it. I use it for all my washing and have used for over a year. No allergic reaction, doesn't clog machine and I do cold wash.

Purchased in at Countdown Kerikeri.

Justgo
JustgoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy way to dissolve Lux Flakes

Started using this about 3 months ago - but like many found the dissolving part annoying and slightly dangerous. I had to carry the cup of boiling solution from the kitchen to the laundry. Now I make up the dry mix as recommended on the Lux packet and keep it in the kitchen. I also have a camping type thermocup with lid and handle (easily sourced from a camp shop if you haven't already got a spare one). One teaspoon of mixture in the thermocup, pour on the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Put the lid on the cup, walk to the laundry, pour in and away you go. Much safer than carrying an open cup. Clean washing on one teaspoon of the mixture.

Not too bad

Bought this lux soap flakes to try something new
Placed the powder into the washing machine like would with any other washing powder or liquid and it just lathered up like there was no tomorrow. Did an alright job at cleaning the clothes and leaves the clothes soft; however, has a weird milky smell about it

brian

The smell is similar to baby powder.
Think this powder is meant for soaking clothes in a bucket of water - it says on the side to add baking soda and eucalyptus oil if want to use the powder to wash clothes and / or, linen in the washing machine

Perfect for whites and colours

Whites come out perfect and colours are enhanced. The smell is clean and refreshing. I highly recommend using this product. I was surprised at how my clothes come out so clean and fresh and perfect without scrubbing.

Rick
Rick

Leather lover's

Lux flakes good for your leather lounges mix into a paste then like the karate kid wax on then wax off you will be surprised .keep water to a minimum

Tara T
Tara TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for babies

Was recommended this product by my Mum and a friend. We have always dissolved powders when doing laundry so that wasn't as issue for me. I have eczema so was concerned my daughter may have it too (she does). We had no issues or any reactions to Lux, but only stopped using it because of the cost.

honey
honeyVic

Awesome but tedious

My little one has always had sensitive skin and this has been perfect for him! At first it was so hard dissolve it but good thing I read up on review and got some tips! Just perfect!