Mastercard Cash Passport

Mastercard Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Barbara

BarbaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

The biggest thief company

The biggest thief company
they stole my 13860Au
no conversation helps
there are no people working there, it's all robots.
I talked to them 34 times, but there is no answer.
Each time a different answer
and stupid email.

Linda B.

Linda B.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero stars, non existent customer service

I took up the same $3000 deal, the $3000 did not reload on my card, and i have been chasing them for 3+weeks to get my money back. No one EVER calls back, they just keep saying they will look into it. The call centre is close to the worst customer service group I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend this card, it has a lot of hidden charges, that Im sure appear in the PDS (that no one reads). When it works its ok, but the exchange rates are poor, and if there are any problems, it is almost impossible to get it fixed. Find another option.

CurrencyAUD and USD

Gerry

GerrySydney, NSW

would recommend that NO ONE ever use this product

CurrencyNZD
Robyn

RobynSydney Surrounds, NSW

My money transfer of $500 did not reload onto my cash passport card

Do not recommend this card & wish I had read these reviews first, my bank Newcastle Permanent use this card & I took their word for it. I reloaded $500 on 25th October 2019 that never uploaded to my cad passport card & now home trying to sort out but keep getting told they are still investigating & to give them another 48hrs to complete. Never again. I'm guessing I will have to report them to banking ombudsmen.

CurrencyAUD and USD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Dreadful to try to deal with !!

Celia

CeliaSydney, NSW

No help whatsoever

CurrencyEUR

Worst service ever!

Do not recommend!

Wish I had of read this before I purchased, will be cutting up! My intention was to use all of 2 currencies that I put in the cash passport (euro and pound). What I found frustrating was the fee (albeit small) that the ATM charged when withdrawing cash! but then left me with amounts (less than 10 pound 10 euro) in the cash passport that I could not withdraw because you can only withdraw denominations of 10 ( what ever currency). Small amount but wrong in principal. Now I'm trying to get money back - 3 weeks and still waiting! and going through over the top frustrating process!!

Kay
Kay

15 days later - still waiting to know what has happened to my $$. They seem to be refusing to deal with me through email. Have repeatedly said that I'm not available to speak on the phone.

sharon

sharonSouth East Queensland, QLD

10 wait for cash out

Waiting 10 weeks to get my cash back. There customer service is NIL, hung up on me every time I have called. Have contacted the Australian Ombudsman on these terrible people. Im using ING from now on. BOQ, should change from cash passport MasterCard to a more trustworthy company.

BobE

BobESouth East Queensland, QLD

Get one as a last resort...

CurrencyCAD and USD

Do Not Use This Card!!!

Ree

ReeCanberra 2600, ACT

Cash Passport Travel Card - Don't use

Wish I had read this site before I got a cash passport travel card. Service terrible. I loaded funds onto the card to then not be able to access the funds overseas as told the card had expired - yet I was able to load funds on the card. Took many phone calls to get funds while overseas. Since discovered the $50 remaining on my card has gone as they have charged a $4 monthly fee for not using the card in a 12 month period. Look at NAB travel card instead.

CurrencyNZD

Do not get this card

CurrencyAUD, EUR, JPY and NZD

Worst card ever!

Had trouble using card in Holland as you have to use their pin and when prompted habit enters my regular pin and you get locked out.
Card is very hard to read numbers in sunlight as it is only printed not embossed. Tried 3 times to get password reset and their email never got through, and phone reps did not help. After a long wait got transferred to supervisor and phone went dead. Worst card ever! Vey hard to use for the small fee difference from regular card.

CurrencyEUR
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

DK Brooks

DK BrooksAU

Inconsistent at best

I travelled to Europe for a month. I never knew when my card would be accepted, at atms or when using EFTPOS so as a result when I did find an atm that would accept it I had to withdraw now cash than I would ideally like to carry.

One evening I was stuck in Madrid with no money and tried five different ATMs that all rejected the card. Could not reach customer service and still have not received a reply to the email enquiry I sent. I had to walk into the restaurant and ask to pay before I ate in case the card wouldn't work. Embarrassing but at least I didn't go hungry

I really wish I had read the reviews before getting this card

CurrencyEUR and SGD

Awful service!

I had a simple question, could I go to a bank in a foreign country and withdraw cash against this card as I am travelling for 5 months. Taking cash is risky and ATM fees can add up over time. Called 3 times and did not get an informed answer. Problem is if you travel with this card and then it does not work for you, well you are stuck in a foreign country with no money. Then I was given a # which says it is out of service.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lucky I had bad customer services

It was great to know before heading overseas to find they have the worst customers service ever, before finding out the hard way overseas as I was told they would call me back with transfers & pin & logon Issues in 24 hours to 48 hours and still waiting lol, so straight away I had more professional help from ING direct with superior support from them as totally explains how there orange everyday card works without the big fees while traveling oversea. So I will let my own bank company Suncorp know who recommend the MasterCard cash passport this is the worst company I have come across in a while.

Anne B.

Anne B.Queensland

This card stinks!!

I have been travelling over a week and I haven't been able to touch my money. It has the pin rejected in all shops and atms. I have sent 12 emails with no response, no return phone calls. Mind you I can't always get the Internet. What am I supposed to do??? I am overseas. My son tried also to ring them from home (australia) but we can't talk to a human. It is all a recording.

Andrea

AndreaPerth, WA

Only good if you don't have any issues

Will not help you via email if you are overseas. There is no free call number so you need to ring +44 which is costly so generally not worth it. Not a good system.

CurrencyAUD
Competitive Exchange Rate No

Shocking. Fraudulent fees. Avoid.

I used the card successfully, although exchange rates meant it was probably not a good deal. But, like other reviewers, left balance on card for next trip, in line with advice from Cash passport (no inactivity fee). That advice is still published on the card's page. But they've been deducting monthly 'non-use card fees' contrary to their own advice, so my balance has virtually disappeared. Also, I'm unable to find information about how to close the account to avoid a further debt for not using the card. There are much better options for accessing money in different countries.