Mastercard Cash Passport

Mastercard Cash Passport

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (27)
Louis

Louis

Do not use this product. It is difficult to load funds. They charge a fee if you don’t use it. Thievery!

The worst travel card. Slow and expensive. They even charge a fee for not using it. No one is travelling during Covid and so not using the card. They charge a penalty for not using it. Thievery!

CurrencyEUR and USD
Sanguine

SanguineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unfair charges

If You have not used card in 12 months because of no travel you get a $4 monthly fee. If you want to close account and remove funds you get charged $10 fee. You are NOT notified by text or email when card expires. They want $100 for you to commence a new card. You have to notify them to replace expired card. Thank you

Thieving Financial Masterclass @ Cash Passport

CurrencyEUR and NZD

Rahul

RahulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Such a large thieving financial institution!!

Deserves no stars at all. I believe due to the current global pandemic their servuce has gotten terrible! I've top up money into my CP account via Bpay as I've done for 2 years and the top is no where to be found! Customer service advised that my top up had been credited into my account a day after my top up but never happened! Then got given a case number to follow up on where my funda had gone. A month now and no response!

Najia H.

Najia H.Sydney, NSW

Not Worth It

My personal bank facilited using this card. Although I was not happy with the ATM surchage ( in europe and north africa) I continued to use as during that time - 2016,17,18- there weren't many options available. Last year 2019, I went to europe again but noticed that my card had expired. When I got back I asked for the remaining money on the card to be transfered to my personal bank account. CP stated that they will charge me $10 for this. I left this for awhile to duscuss with my bank. Shortly, they took $44 for inactive account. I ccompalined but they did not care they blaimed me for not being attentive. Stay away from them. Total rip off organisation.

CurrencyAUD and EUR
DK Brooks

DK BrooksAU

Hard to access with huge fees

I went to Europe with a cash passport and regularly had issues withdrawing money from ATMs and paying with card. Only about 30% of places accepted this card. As a result, when I found an ATM that did accept my card I withdrew large amounts and carried cash with me, which would not be my preference. Customer service was non-existent, meaning I was regularly left without money and no way to resolve the issue. When transferring leftover balances back to AUD, I was hit with huge fees that consumed most of my money.

CurrencyAUD, EUR and SGD

Totally Incompetent

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had!

The customer service team were very polite but totally incompetent.
I loaded all our holiday budget onto the card. It totally disappeared and no one could tell me where it was or how to retrieve it.
It was an incredibly stressful time being stranded overseas with no money!

Reason for the disappearance? Finally BNZ in New Zealand discovered that the card would expire in 2 months and apparently you cannot reload money onto a card which is due to expire.

The customer service people could not tell me this, the computer system did not send me a warning, I did not read this piece of information anywhere on the cashpassport site.

Totally dissatisfied. Do not use this product!

CurrencyEUR
Jake L.

Jake L.South East Queensland, QLD

Full of errors, double charges and customer service don't care.

Please don't use this travel card, I have been hit with double payments and they use tactics to make them seem like they are real. I was on the phone with them, i kept getting cut off and when i did speak to someone for a long time they wouldn't admin to double payments at all. Really not happy

CurrencyAUD and NZD
Cyrus

CyrusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never trust them, never again

I went to USA last year and while I was there I received a promotional email saying if I reload my card I will get some cashback. I followed their instructions steps by steps 100% right and reloaded my card and supposed to get back $300. Did I ever got the cashback? NO, I did not.
I contacted them multiple times, however no lucks as their excuse was that I did not tabbed/clicked on the correct link. What a bull,,,,.
It is a scam and I would never ever trust them and in General Mastercard. They are just full of........
Bunch of liars whom can’t even honor their words and promises.

Never ever trust them.
I would never recommend them, stay away from them.

CurrencyUSD

Jimmy Jay

Jimmy JayAU

Never again

I found that the fees were excessive. Out trip to USA was cancelled due to corona virus. Tried to withdraw funds from atm was charged $17 to withdraw funds from my account

CurrencyAUD

Mastercard cash passport

I obtained a mastercard cash passport card back in 2013 and used it for a trip to the States and again a few years later to Japan. What I did not know because I had not read the voluminous contractual points was that if I didn't use the card for 12 months I would incur a monthly fee of A$4. The company never once sent me a notice as to these charges (why would they?) and eventually I found I had been charged A$144 for inactivity! Purchase this card at your own risk. You have been warned.

sandy

sandyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Holiday nightmare. Will never use it again.

I loaded my funds on the card before my trip in December. Unbeknownst to me the card had been suspended back in May. Apparently they had sent me an email (went to my spam so I did not see it). Despite the card being suspended they still allowed me to deposit all my money there. I could not access any of my money on my card whilst overseas. Numerous phone calls and they were not willing to offer a feasible solution I was completely without funds for over two weeks before I could make other arrangements. They eventually paid back my money after I had returned home.
Absolutely ruined my holiday. Will never use it again.

CurrencyEUR and GBP
Nikki

NikkiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful Customer Service

Funds were loaded accidentally to my cash passport account. They then reversed them for me and now after nearly 5 months cannot get answers on being able to access the money. No answers on where they have reversed the money to. Customer Service give no answers and therefore, money is gone.

CurrencyCAD

The Worst

Great Choice!

Great Choice!Canberra 2600, ACT

Not worth the stress caused

CurrencyAUD

BarbaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

The biggest thief company

The biggest thief company
they stole my 13860Au
no conversation helps
there are no people working there, it's all robots.
I talked to them 34 times, but there is no answer.
Each time a different answer
and stupid email.

Linda B.

Linda B.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero stars, non existent customer service

I took up the same $3000 deal, the $3000 did not reload on my card, and i have been chasing them for 3+weeks to get my money back. No one EVER calls back, they just keep saying they will look into it. The call centre is close to the worst customer service group I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend this card, it has a lot of hidden charges, that Im sure appear in the PDS (that no one reads). When it works its ok, but the exchange rates are poor, and if there are any problems, it is almost impossible to get it fixed. Find another option.

CurrencyAUD and USD

GerrySydney, NSW

would recommend that NO ONE ever use this product

CurrencyNZD
Robyn

RobynSydney Surrounds, NSW

My money transfer of $500 did not reload onto my cash passport card

Do not recommend this card & wish I had read these reviews first, my bank Newcastle Permanent use this card & I took their word for it. I reloaded $500 on 25th October 2019 that never uploaded to my cad passport card & now home trying to sort out but keep getting told they are still investigating & to give them another 48hrs to complete. Never again. I'm guessing I will have to report them to banking ombudsmen.

CurrencyAUD and USD
Competitive Exchange RateYes

Dreadful to try to deal with !!

CurrencyUSD