4Maxi-Cosi Vela Slim

Alisha
AlishaIllawarra, NSW4 posts
  VerifiedPinned

Perfect and easy to use

I love this car seat! It looks good and is easy to use.
Very easy to adjust harness height.
Install was easy also.
(I have only used it rear facing so far)

Purchased in at Amazon for $283.99.

• Car Model: Subaru Forester
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Maxi-Cosi
Maxi-Cosi   DM

Hi Alisha, great to hear that you are loving our Vela Slim!

Lisa Trigg
Lisa Trigg

Perfect would not have any other brand

Wonderful product , I would not put my baby in any other . It delivers all features mentioned Show details ·  1
Chameleon
Chameleon

PERFECT seat for my son!

The Vela Slim has been the perfect seat for my son, he's always been comfortable since birth (now almost 3 with much room to keep growing).
Only issue we've had is the tightening strap becoming worn after repeated use.

Our family was in an accident and we contacted Dorel immediately after for their accident exchange policy, after a simple process of providing the insurance claim report, we've been sent a brand new Vela Slim that is safe to use.
Very easy claim process that ensures any child is in a safe seat that hasn't been in an accident!

Will 100% be purchasing the same seat for Baby#2 when they arrive! Show details ·  1

Erin
Erin

Fantastic seat and customer service

The seat arrived quickly and when I was trying to install it the strap would not reach. I phoned the helpline and they advised I would need an extension strap which they sent out to me free of charge and in a matter of days. I am incredibly happy with the customer service, efficiency of delivery and product. Show details ·  1
gtv6capri
gtv6capriAU5 posts

Exceptional After Sale Customer Service and Spare Parts Availability

I have a Vela AP Maxi Cosi restraint for our grand-daughter, works perfectly and is easy to use. During a house move a plastic cover on the adjustment handle came off and was lost. I messaged Dorel who are the suppliers and got immediate response stating they will assist. Following day I was advised that the part was available and would be sent out by next days mail. Very impressive service with a spare part on a 3 year old restraint-this is why you should buy a reputable brand-and Vela in particular. Show details ·  1
hazelnut88
hazelnut88AU2 posts

Great car seat

This car seat has been great to use. We purchased in 2017 for our first child and she was in it till 4 and was rear facing till 2 (wouldve been longer but car was too small). She never said she was uncomfortable the whole time she was in it.
The car seat was very easy to install and has just been put back in the car for our 2nd child.
I have had to contact Maxi Cosi for replacement shoulder pads, they were very easy to deal with and helped me out. Show details ·  1
Whitney M.
Whitney M.South East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't go with another brand ever

I've had this car seat for years now and simply cannot find one fault, planning to use it again.
Easy to adjust as they grow from newborn throughout. Installation and removal is a breeze even when your unfamiliar with the system. Even my husband can do it!!
You can take the cover off and throw in the washing machine to clean which as a mother of a toddler is exactly what you need. It does take a bit getting use to with all the clips straps and such when putting the car seat and cover back together but you'll get the hang of it. Show details ·  1
Belle
BelleIllawarra, NSW

Ideal for Grandparents

The car seat was easy to install which was an important factor. It is beautifully padded and feels very safe. Our grandson was very happy, comfy and cosy in it. Show details ·  1
Ldellis
LdellisSydney, NSW2 posts

Great value

We have 2 of these and are very happy with them. Both children seem very comfortable in them and they’re easy to install. We regularly have to take in and out to swap cars and the isofix buckles make this very easy to do. Show details ·  1
Brie
BrieFar North Queensland, QLD6 posts

Compact

We love this car seat and have recommended it for the grandparents to have their own when they babysit and sister for her baby. As we have a small car its so compact and the perfect size to be able to fit other passengers. Easy to install as well as take out to clean. We will definitely be buying another one for our next baby. Show details
Caru
CaruAU

Hard to adjust , leaves red marks on legs

The straps are hard to adjust as one always too loose and another one always too tight . Bottom straps leave marks in baby’s legs . The crouch strap can’t be adjusted and the distance of it from the back of the seat is less then in other car seats so if your baby is chunkier it’s too small the baby’s bum is squeezed . I regret buying this seat , waste of money . Oh and it’s not slim the seat is big