Maxi ThermoFoodPro Superchef

Maxi ThermoFoodPro Superchef

See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disgusted

No service. Gave up and bought a different brand that I am really happy with. Returned the unit for repair and had it sent back unrepaired. Rang and complained so was sent a new base unit that my bowl wouldn't fit and tripped my RCD switch. Rang and complained again and got sent a new bowl which did not stop my RCD fro, tripping.l Worked OK for a while but food burnt very easily. Was not easy to put the whisking gadget onto the chopping blade.

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Locking in the bowl

Cannot lock the bowl in unless I remove rubber ring underneath the blade. Is this normal? Can I use the Thermo pro without that rubber ring? I'm afraid it will leak if I use it without this ring. I have tried heaps of times to lock bowl in place with the ring on it but it refuses to lock.

nadwon

nadwon

When it works its great....but poor longevity...and now the business has disappeared.

Disappointing lack of support.

Just received my Super Chef and it leaks, cannot get in touch with anyone, the email bounced back and the phone number on their support page is not connected. I think it is just a faulty lid but need to get it sorted. Not sure what to do about it. Have left a message on their support page.

Jill H

Jill HPerth, Western Australia

When this works, it's awesome. But where is the service??

Mine leaked from the beginning. Reached someone who said they were aware it was an issue. Couldn't get hold of them again - tried website, phone, Facebook. Now it's stopped working completely after a year. Love this machine but useless with no service.

Terrible terrible machine.

I would not recommend this product at all. In the space of two weeks, I have taken mine back three times for a new machine. The first time it was shorting the power in my house, the second time it would not heat at all, and just today I swapped it again, put in some potatoes and water before I could press on I noticed rusty water coming from the bottom of the bowl, it was rusted and I hadn't even used it. Please do not buy this, I will be getting a thermo mix got sure.

Worst. Appliance. Ever

There is a special place in hell reserved for the people who made this product. Every negative review above is true.

telwin

telwinSydney

Dont Buy

The temperature under speed 3 stopped working within a month of getting it. sent numerous messages to the manufacturer without response. burnt the food. recipes were rubbish. not one of the sauces worked out on the temp/speed combination that was in the book. had to increase the temp and time every time.
it was a high speed blender.

Anneke
Anneke

dmco6863Perth, WA

Waste of money

From the start it burnt food, was told it was the jug and had a replacement sent out, still burnt everything. Was told to post it back for repairs, but cost of postage to me is over $50. Decided to just use it for blending and steaming but before long the blades barely turned anymore. I now will have post it back. Don't waste your money on this piece of junk.

Came out of the box defective.

Lisa
Lisa
dmco6863

Hi Lisa, If you visit maxika.com.au/support there is a contact form, that is how I communicated with them.

no wayWestern Australia

Do not buy this product

I urged you not to buy this product - Only used it twice and the heating side of it will not work. It does not get hot at all. I tried to phone the number in the booklet - Not taking calls - sent 3 emails or emails on Facebook - no reply - There is no after sales service - No one answers you emails - You got no where to go when this products fails and take it from me - It fails big time
inexpensive - but its a very dear blender - cos mine has not heating
does not heat anything

Rubbish

I have had this processor for 12 months & the base of the blade is now corroded & doesn't' seal properly resulting in food leaking out all over the bench.It has been impossible to find any service backup to have this replaced. A 2 year warranty is meaningless if there is nowhere to get the machine fixed . Initially I was very happy but not any more
worked well initially
leaking

no way

I got a machine that does not heat - no where to take it - want refund or replacement

dmco6863

Ironic! Mine used to burn everything until it decided to break completely.

The ThermoFoodPro Superchef is hands down the best kitchen appliance we have ever bought

Dawn
Dawn

Went to my local good guys and they don't sell them anymore said they had quite a very back so was disappointed

Ms Perthite

I just googled it; apparently you can still buy online through The Good Guys. It would be well worth investigating whether some stores have them on their shelves as it is nice to check it out in person.

ShilzeeQ

ShilzeeQSydney

Absolute value for money - loving it.

AudreyRose
AudreyRose

Don't worry about not having integrated scales- just been using thermomix for past 3 weeks-the scales are totally unreliable, keep resetting and inaccurate, much better just to use jug on top of digital scales

Tashaxx

TashaxxBrisbane

Not worth it

vickihelen
vickihelen

Took double the time it says to cook vegies in steamer

Kim Asser
Kim Asser

Where did you return it to ???? I cannot get any answers from any site

Fantastic machine

I bought one of these just before Christmas but only got to play with it the other day - we made raspberry ice-cream, chocolate muffins and spaghetti bolognaise all came out beautifully. I have noticed that there is some leakage from the metal jug though and I've phone the company today and left a message so hopefully they get back to me on Monday.
good price

So far so good!

Hicks005
Hicks005

Bought mine today - couldn't wait to use it. Butter chicken was soooo delicious!!! Okay so only 1/1 so far but very happy!! Ask me next week! M

Jill74

I have found with steaming fish if I raise the temp 110 and start with boiling water and increasing the time to 25 minutes it works.. No complaints about the machine just the timing.. still looking for a garlic sauce recipe all suggestions welcome..

daim9Adeliade

How can this rate 4.3 when Bellini rates 3.7 They are the same machine

This same machine is sold at Target, cuurently on special for $299.
I bought one today that did not work at all.
The build quality is rubbish, sparks and popping as soon as it was turned on
See my full review under Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master
Certainly dont pay almost twice the price at good guys.
My recommendation dont buy one at all.
I am not selling thermomix, while i think they are a good machine they are far too expensive for any kitchen appliance

sundrop2204
sundrop2204
daim9

They are exactly the same with different branding and this one is a couple of hundred dollars dearer.

Burnt rice

I purchased one of these yesterday,and took it back today,my rice burnt badly on my first cook at the heat settings in the cook book,tried to adjust but of course it takes twice as long,and still not cooked properly,thank you good guys for taking back,for the price you should be able to cook as instructed without having to change anything.

Burnt the first time I used it and hard to get all burn mark of the jug!

jesseg
jesseg
Dissapointed36
Dissapointed36

Did you have to adjust the temperature at all?I didn't use any sugar,and the burn mark was really bad.I had to wash jug before I could continue.I reall do want one but not game enough to try another.

Sue4256
Sue4256

I think for the money and all the reviews I have read, since I can't afford a Thermomix, I'm going with the Bellini.

Pippolo

PippoloGold Coast

• Selected Review

Very Good Appliance, Almost Perfect

Broniii
Broniii
Chumley
Chumley

Bellini have a face book page and there is also a bellini addicts Facebook page both get new recipes daily

happygirl12
happygirl12

SuperChef has a great Facebook page. Search for superchef or use the url facebook dot com / maxikitchenappliances New recipes all the time, and an active community

Don Ridgeway

Don RidgewayAU

ThermoFoodPro as good as Thermomix

Nell53

Hi, can you please tell me if it mills very well. I am on a property and want to be able to make own flour from our sorghum seeds. I saw a demo where the thermomix did this and it was impressive!

Trying it out...
Trying it out...

It does mill well. I haven't done grain, but I have milled white sugar into icing sugar, just as fast as the Thermy

Nell53

Thanks!! Think I will get one ths weekend!