Maxwell & Williams Cashmere

Maxwell & Williams Cashmere

See the Best Serveware in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I love this design of Cashmere Mansion

I really like the design of this dinner set. I don't know if it's just me but I find the plates with the flat bottom so easy to eat from and the little lip helps with run away peas etc. The bowl shape is also nice and fits more than it looks like it should so is great for curries etc.

Purchased in August 2019 at Catch for $69.00.

Suzi KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Deglazed

Cashmere double dinnerset has completely deglazed on certain plates and bowls, pattern has all but disappeared. I too have had recurring lip irritation which GP initially thought was skin cancer! Chuck this stuff out! What a waste of hundreds of $$$

Suz1974

Suz1974Teesdale

Never again

I was washing a plate from their Kimono range which snapped in my hand and sliced down into my thumb joint which needed medical treatment. Proper sensation has still not returned after six months. I noticed some plates look like they've had cracks and have been repaired. Tonight i have discovered another bowl that is still together but has a huge crack. Very dangerous. If this was as an elderly person with thin skin i believe the injury would have been much worse.

Brennie

BrennieLake Macquarie

Would not recommend as true fine china should stand up to the test of time

Disappointed yest again!

This is the second Maxwell Williams dinner service I have bought, and I decided to buy the more expensive Cashmere range, I had the basic range previously. After just a few months I have stains and streaks on most of my plates.
I will return these to Myer, but not sure what to buy that is better quality? Any suggestions??

Serious health concern

Ally

AllyMelbourne

Love this item

Great dishes. Light weight and strong. Very happy with the quality and will buy them again. Wash up perfectly and slim line . Great item highly recommended for everyday use

Not a durable product

I bought two dinner sets 3 years ago. Sadly the glaze is very cracked on at least half of the set.. I'm unwilling to replace the pieces with more MW/Cashmere and feel like I need to start again! Very disappointing.

Nice...

13 March 2018

I bought two M&W Charming dinner sets as well as a few extra pieces...eight each of noodle bowls, sweet dishes and entree plates. I am a bit disappointed that the entree plates are noticeably a different colour.

I am also disappointed that I couldn't get extra entree and sweet plates to make 12 settings...I didn't think they'd be discontinued so quickly.

My product is standing the test of time...to date: two breaks, one chip, no scratches, no crazing...I got it November 2015.

Moxie

MoxieNSW

Sadly had to return - glaze is the problem.

Helen L

Helen LAdelaide

Knife marks and dark stains

Purchased M W Casmere Miami Beach for beach house. In spite of occasional use glaze quality dreadful. Grey knife marks and grey marks on outside of bowl. Not fit for purpose.

Tim53

Tim53SYDNEY, NSW

Lovely and brand new

I too had a variety of Maxwell and Williams basics that were old and worn.

So I just purchased two "Maxwell & Williams Cashmere Classic 16 Piece Coupe Dinner Set" sets and 8 entree plates. One bowl broken on delivery, being replaced now. Other than that they look great. Based on other reviews here, I will watch their condition over a couple of weeks and I will take photos to track their condition. At the moment I am very happy, they look lovely.

Heather

HeatherMelbourne

Disappointed with white cashmere china

My White cashmere china has what looks like grey cutlery markings on dinner & bread & butter plates . I do not have any cups/ mugs - fortunately!! Very unsatisfactory product.

Jenni Love this product

Jenni Love this product

cashmere set great

I must be the only one who loves this dinner set,I purchased mine about 8 years ago and it is still shiny,all in tact even after a few bangs and looks brand new,Maybe the quality has changed since then?But i am very happy with my set

Maxwell Williams basic white

Maxwell white classic dinner sets are pathetic, my children gave me 2 four piece setting for Mother's Day last year and now they have chips on nearly every second item as my children are adults there is no reason for the chips and I am very disappointed. My name is Jeannine mansell [private information removed] phone number 0407486973 .

Larry Bel

Larry BelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed

I purchased 2 Cashmere dinner sets as I really liked the style, not on sale either, unfortunately most items have lost their sheen, they have a developed a bluish opal like mark and worst of all they stain, I always rinse before placing in dishwasher, only use liquid, but they still come out stained. The mugs have black marks from stirring with a spoon. I will NEVER purchase a Maxwell and Williams product again.

Very disappointed in the poor quality of this product.

Cashmere dinner sets

A year ago we purchased two full dinner sets to use for every day. The style of plates and cups were so nice, I loved the new look after using my old dinner sets, a German make, for over 20 years within a couple of months the plates mainly became dull stained with streakers. Packed up most of it and managed to replace them with Myers. This happened twice already. We thought Maxwell& Williams would get the message about the poor quality. But no, the third set is behaving the same way, using the best liquid dishwasher. Looks terrible, hate it. Wish this would make a difference. No more M&W!!!

Liz G

Liz GSydney

Should have checked review first

Purchased 2 complete sets about 6 months ago. Now about 25% of pieces are crazed or show knife marks (we are a 2-person family so no hard wear). I don't expect refund or return but am very disappointed.

GregmTownsville

What load of Rubbish

Worst dinner set we have ever used. We purchased two complete sets unfortunately. Glaze is dull and constantly stains and cannot be cleaned properly. Under the glaze there has been crazing and already had one dinner set replaced by Myer (great service by the way) and no thanks to Maxwell and Williams. Clearly they have no interest in customer service....happy to take your cash but not stand by their products. I have a background in commercial kitchen and restaurant operation and this product is not fit for purpose so my recommendation is do not buy it.

Babsasked

I have just purchased a 12 setting Cashmere dinner set. After reading these reviews I'm really disappointed. I destroyed the receipts after purchasing as I never thought I would need them. I have had my last every day dinner set for 45 years (Royal Alma with big family using every day) and apart from a few breakages it never chipped or stained. It was never meant for dishwasher or microwave and has just recently started to craze. I'm now thinking I have done the wrong thing with my purchase of the Cashmere set.

Suzi K

Mine is from the coloured Enchante range. The yellow and blue pieces have lost their glaze, red and pink pieces still okay ( I purchased a mix of pieces for casual dining) I don’t have white so don’t know if it stands the test of time. I hope this is helpful Babs

Babs

Thank you Suzi K. How disappointing for you! I have never had that happen to any china I have owned! Looks as though I'm going to have to wait and see what happens to my white Cashmere set.

Normaasked

Can you buy side plates to match cashmere floral cups &saucers?

I believe so. Try Myer they might have stock

Norma

Thank you for your prompt attention to my query

Get an answer from our members and Maxwell & Williams representatives